• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Fact(s) about yourself

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I have used cartoons as subjects for my Bachelor's and Master's level paper.

Examples:

I made a paper on World War 2 American propaganda cartoons for my Bachelors. My professor loved it said "it knocked my socks off." This was a core level history class.

I used Azula from Avatar as a subject for my Psychology Masters' paper. My professor also really enjoyed it. Yes I explained that this was from a cartoon.

Might as well enjoy writing the papers in some way, right?
Yeah

I like to read TVTropes. (WARNING: Don't read a trope page if you're in the middle of watching that series, messed up on that one thrice XD)

Also, I like Brawl in the Family (webcomic) and named my Kirby amiibo after a character in one of the arcs(Pinky). If I get a King Dedede one, I'm going to name it King Sonn Dededoo XD

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Gentle Giants are my weakness. Explains why I made Wreck-it Ralph my husbando. I also really like Shrek the character (this was years before he became a meme and therefore a joke) for similar reasons but never got to husbando territory.

Well giraffes are my favorite animal and they fit in that category too.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I prefer tv shows to movies. I dunno why, I guess I'm not really for that whole sit and watch 2 hours of movie
But when I do(or watch tv shows for that matter) I will talk, mostly about tropes and how stupid/Genre Blind characters are

I like Christmas Songs a lot (listening to a medley of Christmas Songs and Video Games right now)

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
I just watched Wreck-It Ralph for the first time the other day when it was on TV! I'm not a big Disney fan, but the whole "movie about video games" thing pulled me in. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed.

Thought of some more facts:
  • I have an extreme fear of dogs. Like, even puppies will send me running.
  • I met a former U.S. President.
  • I lost a raffle once, where the only entries were my 25 tickets against one other person who only had 1 ticket.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I am a complete sap for Super Mario Galaxy music XD Gusty Garden, Bowser's Galaxy Generator, the Faceship theme…

And I'm currently listening to Tsuko G. play some music on a Kazoo
I just watched Wreck-It Ralph for the first time the other day when it was on TV! I'm not a big Disney fan, but the whole "movie about video games" thing pulled me in. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed.

Thought of some more facts:
  • I have an extreme fear of dogs. Like, even puppies will send me running.
  • I met a former U.S. President.
  • I lost a raffle once, where the only entries were my 25 tickets against one other person who only had 1 ticket.
(Yasssss Wreck it Ralph is so good! I have a ton of Sugar Rush OCs if you want to see)
-What. XD
-Dude that's ridiculous
What was it for

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
(Yasssss Wreck it Ralph is so good! I have a ton of Sugar Rush OCs if you want to see)
-What. XD
-Dude that's ridiculous
What was it for
Feel free to share if you'd like! :)

-Like I said, extreme fear.
-It was only Bush, but hey still counts.
-Iirc it was for a bike. This was in fourth grade for context.

• It's possible, but very difficult, to get all seven Chaos Emeralds in the Emerald Hill Zone of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I've been playing that game since I was 5 and so far I've only done it once.
  • My favorite food is anything Italian/pasta based. Anything potato-related is a close second.
  • Currently I own all the Nintendo home consoles (minus the Virtual Boy), and most of the handhelds (including an OG Game & Watch!)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

• It's possible, but very difficult, to get all seven Chaos Emeralds in the Emerald Hill Zone of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I've been playing that game since I was 5 and so far I've only done it once.
  • My favorite food is anything Italian/pasta based. Anything potato-related is a close second.
  • Currently I own all the Nintendo home consoles (minus the Virtual Boy), and most of the handhelds (including an OG Game & Watch!)
I have too many, and a lot have picture that I crafted with Lunaii Doll Maker. But a lot don't.
Some include Poppy Tartington, Wisp Cottoni, and her near-identical cousin Candy Flossier. I also have siblings(I don't think I made them twins) Marcie and Percy Pan. Oh, and fraternal twins Angelina and Devi Torta. (I have a ton) Danny Gogo, Vani Wafflewafer, Nutalie Brittalica, Merrin Anglaise are a few more that I like with clever names. The rest have okay or terribly bad names XD (Clementine and Sodie O'Cream, Cinnamimi Rollatta, S'morica McMallow, Peach Cobblet)
There's still tons more that I didn't list. Oh yeah and 3 siblings that helped kickstart that Sugar Rush craze: Chino, Bean, and Beeranna Rootedfloat.

As you can see, I reaaaalllly like Sugar Rush. I haven't drawn any of them, but I hope I will soon.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
IMG_3473.JPG

Here is my WiR Disney Store Plush collection, Calhoun Limited Edition doll, Art book and CD.

I also met Keiji Inafune in person and he autographed my Cut Man plush. This was a few months before he left Capcom in the New York Comic Con.

IMG_2709.JPG

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee

-Like I said, extreme fear.
-It was only Bush, but hey still counts.
-Iirc it was for a bike. This was in fourth grade for context.

Why the extreme fear?

• I hate loud music, or music that's loud enough to hear from headphones, cars, and walls.
  • I'm a very quiet/awkward person in real life.
  • I enjoy pizza.
    PS: Today's card is the "Hanged Man"

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Dogs just don't like me. Oh well, I'm not losing sleep over it.

• I don't have a phone or a computer
Then how are you on here?

-When I got new glasses this year I wanted big nerdy glasses like the Black or White Arrowbands, but got denied because with my prescription they'll be forever slipping down my nose XD My current glasses do slip down my nose, but not a lot/all the time

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I've had to resort to using my Wii U's internet browser after my computer got fried last November.
Oh man that sucks
Hope you can get a new one soon

I own a Villager Amiibo

Also, for school I had Rosetta Stone (I hate it, wouldn't recommend) and I was required to complete at least 50% of it. Well, I procrastinate so I had a whole lot of Rosetta Stone ahead of me. I just recently completed it at 51%, and hopefully I don't have to touch that thing again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom