• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fact(s) about yourself

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
Wow, you all have a lot of interesting hobbies and talents. I'm afraid that I live a very boring life and don't really have any talents to speak of, so coming up with facts isn't super easy...

I guess these are mine:
  • My favorite food is broccoli.
  • I like playing with character creators (e.g., DreamSelfy, Icon Generators). I'm also a big fan of character customization in games like Sploon, Style Savvy, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon XY. I tend to spend a lot of time deciding what outfit my character should wear in games like that, sometimes way too long, haha.
  • I have a law license for some reason.

Last edited:

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
Wow, you all have a lot of interesting hobbies and talents. I'm afraid that I live a very boring life and don't really have any talents to speak of, so coming up with facts isn't super easy...

I guess these are mine:
  • My favorite food is broccoli.
  • I like playing with character creators (e.g., DreamSelfy, Icon Generators). I'm also a big fan of character customization in games like Sploon, Style Savvy, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon XY. I tend to spend a lot of time deciding what outfit my character should wear in games like that, sometimes way too long, haha.
  • I have a law license for some reason.
..............I love broccoli (it's funny but I always saw it as a bite-sized tree). o.o

Last edited:

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
1) I still haven't seen Wreck it Ralph. I shall remedy this this weekend.

2) I'm loving Squid Boards and getting to know you guys! I like message board and forum-style... things, but I hate social media like Facebook and Twitter. Unfortunately, they're a necessary evil.

3) I once flipped a car going 15mph.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
1) I still haven't seen Wreck it Ralph. I shall remedy this this weekend.

2) I'm loving Squid Boards and getting to know you guys! I like message board and forum-style... things, but I hate social media like Facebook and Twitter. Unfortunately, they're a necessary evil.

3) I once flipped a car going 15mph.
1, have fun! 2, aww, that's sweet! *internet hug* and 3, please, please elaborate, that sounds like a heck of a tale :P

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
1, have fun! 2, aww, that's sweet! *internet hug* and 3, please, please elaborate, that sounds like a heck of a tale :p
Haha it's actually the dumbest story ever.

I was driving home from a friend's house on a side street, so I was going very slowly. Suddenly, a squirrel runs out into the middle of the road, but I see him pretty early, so I start calmly altering my course while keeping my eye on him. While I was watching the squirrel, the tires on the passenger side went up on one of those big wires that hold up elecrtic line poles. As you can guess, the car was too heavy for it, and it snapped with such a force that it flipped the entire car upside down. My dog and I didn't sustain any serious injuries, but I did knock the power out on the entire block. A d I got in a lot of trouble with the police, since I didn't have a license yet.

TynamoRoller

Inkling
NNID
Quacker5
I'm irish, but I sound American

Name: PSU*Meow
Level: 38 (Hang in there Ginger!)
Mains: Brushes, Many rollers, and the occasional gun. I also love the Splash-O-Matic.
Weapons I am training with: Many, many sorts of gun, Heavy Splatling Custom, and lots of charger.
Splatfest Picks: Rich, Blue, Patrick, Fancy Dress, SPACE!
(Note: I live in the irish area, therefore i have different splatfests, most of the time.)

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I played through the entirety of Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube with my feet. It's an 80-ish-hour JRPG with sparse elements of dexterity required on the overworld, but battles are real-time, being somewhat similar to Pokkén Tournament (3D arenas, attacks briefly stun opponents, but somewhat slower-paced and with JRPG-style stats, so enemies have loads of HP but you hit them more quickly than they hit you). Possibly my triumphal moment was when I accidentally set the fourth party member to be manually-controlled so had to plug in our second controller and use that with my hands until I saved and quit (resetting the change).

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
I played through the entirety of Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube with my feet. It's an 80-ish-hour JRPG with sparse elements of dexterity required on the overworld, but battles are real-time, being somewhat similar to Pokkén Tournament (3D arenas, attacks briefly stun opponents, but somewhat slower-paced and with JRPG-style stats, so enemies have loads of HP but you hit them more quickly than they hit you). Possibly my triumphal moment was when I accidentally set the fourth party member to be manually-controlled so had to plug in our second controller and use that with my hands until I saved and quit (resetting the change).
...but why with your feet? Also which character did you pick/get for Lloyd's girlfriend?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
...but why with your feet?
With my feet because, like, I'd already played it through once or twice (back in the days when I wouldn't reliably complete a game no matter how far I got into it, so I think I'd completed it once and then gotten very far on another occasion) and thought it'd be more fun or something. Also because I knew that I'd be able to use that as a fun story for a long time to come. I subsequently started a New Game Plus with my left hand only (controller sideways, used wrist for control stick) but got bored very soon.
Also which character did you pick/get for Lloyd's girlfriend?
I don't believe that I got anyone's relationship value high enough to qualify for that, but if it's a mandatory thing that happens, then I just don't remember. I wasn't big on side-quests (too difficult for 12-year-old me).

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
@Cuttleshock it does make a pretty good story. Have you done the feet challenge with any other games?

It's really not a huge deal for the girlfriend side quest. You basically get a key item (which you might need to synthesize a certain piece of equipment, I don't remember) and an extra cutscene toward the end.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
-I am bad at talking on the phone. And for whatever reason, it's hard to hear everyone on the other end, so I just end up mumbling and inserting 'yeah' and such where it sounds necessary XD

DUDE
I'm playing Pay Day with my sister and we're doing the Radio Contest. I roll a 3, then she does. We roll again, with us both getting 4s. Then 5. Then 6 XD Hers was slightly off the board but I'm allowing it because it's so ridiculous XD Edit: We just got 5s Double edit: I won the next roll, 6 to 5

Last edited:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Have you done the feet challenge with any other games?
Since then, I've become more conscious of the fact that it's kind of really gross to do that, so no... I recently played some 50cc races in MK8 with the controller backwards, if that counts? (I had just finished getting three stars on all 200cc default cups so had bought the DLC packs and was starting again from 50cc, so it was just too slow-paced for me not to get bored... .)
It's really not a huge deal for the girlfriend side quest. You basically get a key item (which you might need to synthesize a certain piece of equipment, I don't remember) and an extra cutscene toward the end.
I'll bear it in mind. I do recall that I was aware of the possibility and that my preference would've been Raine, had I gotten the opportunity.
-I am bad at talking on the phone. And for whatever reason, it's hard to hear everyone on the other end, so I just end up mumbling and inserting 'yeah' and such where it sounds necessary XD
YES! Precisely this! I'm horrible with phone calls unless I really know the caller well (only my immediate family qualifies, I think). I get extremely nervous, but also have trouble making out words at times.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
YES! Precisely this! I'm horrible with phone calls unless I really know the caller well (only my immediate family qualifies, I think). I get extremely nervous, but also have trouble making out words at times.
Same. Even if I'm talking to my nana or nana-nana im kinda just listening/mumbling

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
Wow, this thread is lively today.

Haha it's actually the dumbest story ever.

I was driving home from a friend's house on a side street, so I was going very slowly. Suddenly, a squirrel runs out into the middle of the road, but I see him pretty early, so I start calmly altering my course while keeping my eye on him. While I was watching the squirrel, the tires on the passenger side went up on one of those big wires that hold up elecrtic line poles. As you can guess, the car was too heavy for it, and it snapped with such a force that it flipped the entire car upside down. My dog and I didn't sustain any serious injuries, but I did knock the power out on the entire block. A d I got in a lot of trouble with the police, since I didn't have a license yet.
That is a crazy, but at least you two were okay.

1. I am a big cry-baby for movies like "The Fox and the Hound".
  2. I wanna be ambidextrous and I'm gonna play some wii games with my left hand.
  3. I'm gonna do something crazy for Splatoon but I'm not gonna say what it is until I finish it (some people already know what it is).

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
Same. Even if I'm talking to my nana or nana-nana im kinda just listening/mumbling
I always get super quiet when people are telling me a long story over the phone, which always makes ask if I'm still there. It makes me want to scream, YES! I'M JUST LISTENING TO YOU!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom