• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keybladeguy

Inkling
NNID
NESKeyblade
Hey Nintendo

*pssst, hey*

Would love for you to keep the servers open so we can tantalize our tastebuds in preparation for release.

Smooth Criminal

Full Squid
I can only imagine. More than likely get a dose of it when the game launches, for sure.

Pretty happy about how my experience with the demo stress-test went, though. First time in a loooooong time where I've played a game and wanted to play a helluva lot more.

Smooth Criminal

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Yeah, I was really surprised at how flawless the connection was. Most games can't even pull that off. Never encountered lag in the game, and I would like to keep it that way. It has been a long time in which I was excited for a multiplayer game, and wanted more. They nailed everything just right.

Lefty

Nice la~
Yeah, I was really surprised at how flawless the connection was. Most games can't even pull that off. Never encountered lag in the game, and I would like to keep it that way. It has been a long time in which I was excited for a multiplayer game, and wanted more. They nailed everything just right.
Yeah the connection was pretty good, though there were a few times during the global testfire where I would just get kicked out of a game randomly, don't know if it was cause of Nintendo or something.

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
Was this Nintendo's first open beta? If that's the case, they did a damn good job of keeping their servers up and running smoothly for their first time.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Yeah the connection was pretty good, though there were a few times during the global testfire where I would just get kicked out of a game randomly, don't know if it was cause of Nintendo or something.
Yeah, I think this only happened to me twice. Not a big deal though, since matches are so short that you can easily make up for it. I am guessing their servers hiccuped or something.

Was this Nintendo's first open beta? If that's the case, they did a damn good job of keeping their servers up and running smoothly for their first time.
I believe this was their first time. I am glad that they are taking the online portion seriously, since it is such a large focus for this game.

MoonMonkey

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
While it is not needed, I really could see why people wanted voice chat. There were a couple maps where i want to give my homies a heads up on an enemy's position or of areas we need to cover, but i couldn't. I know for the most part i'll be playing on skype when with friends, but i would of loved to see the feature there as an option after playing the demo.

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
While it is not needed, I really could see why people wanted voice chat. There were a couple maps where i want to give my homies a heads up on an enemy's position or of areas we need to cover, but i couldn't. I know for the most part i'll be playing on skype when with friends, but i would of loved to see the feature there as an option after playing the demo.
Typically I found that if I pushed into enemy territory or used the "C'mon!" command, peeps more or less got behind me. There's a pretty intrinsic amount of teamwork that seems to be built into the game that doesn't require super complex communication, at least as far as I could tell. Might be a bit different in ranked, though.

MoonMonkey

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Typically I found that if I pushed into enemy territory or used the "C'mon!" command, peeps more or less got behind me. There's a pretty intrinsic amount of teamwork that seems to be built into the game that doesn't require super complex communication, at least as far as I could tell. Might be a bit different in ranked, though.
That never worked for me at least in the matches i played. but i just found my self trying to tag behind another ally and trying to cover his back and hopes he/she covers mine

Lefty

Nice la~
Headset for wiiu pls

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
Headset for wiiu pls
It already has a headphone jack so a headset doesn't seem like too much of a stretch. I'm not sure if that jack takes input, but the gamepad has a mic on it, so that could work at the very least.

MoonMonkey

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
I don't think roller's are that bad just aim at their feet. that always worked for me.
Man i can't wait until the 29th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom