Global Testfire General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
It really depends on the players and their load outs imo.

Like, the last match I went in had 3 rollers and 1 splatter on my team, while the other team had 2 Jrs. and Splatters.

And we dominated them, like 70% dominated them.

Sniper is super situational depending on the other team tbh. A guy on Smashboards said that he dominated the other team because he went up high and was sniping a whole team of rollers for free.
I loved having a ton of rollers on my team. Let's you sit back and control the mid while they are rushing around painting everything.

Tepip

Inkster Jr.
Oh my god that was extremely fun!
The sniper is so good if you know how to use it right. For example in certain situations it can cover ground faster than a roller.

I was addicted to "splat jump" the mini game and I almost got to level three.

My only gripe is that the stage variety was non existent.

Can't wait too buy it on the 29th!

Nester

Inkster Jr.
Content Team
Community Ambassador
Entirely way too much fun. Was tough to give up the Gamepad switching between people on the couch taking rounds. Can't wait to play again in 6+ hours!

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Seems like roller + squid mode could almost be like a Team Fortress 2 Spy role

NimbusSpark

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NimbusSpark
Ugh, I hate my internet... tried to join a match during the hour of the demo and wasn't able to.
Either the matches were full, I couldn't connect to the partner or the partner's device didn't respond to me.
Anyone know of a way to improve the connection?

Fakevox

Senior Squid
I'm glad we got an opportunity to try the game out for a while, because I didn't want to put down money on a game I wouldn't like. I had some fun during tonight's test.

I pretty much exclusively used the Splat Charger. I had to lower my sensitivity down all the way to be able to line up shots with any consistency, though. There also weren't a whole lot of viable sniping positions in the maps, I noticed. The only other weapon that actually killed me (on multiple occasions) was the roller, though that was mostly due to my high sensitivity making it tough to line up a shot on them when they jumped me around a corner. I also got killed by someone who was hiding out in their ink, and they hopped out and killed me once I got near. Props to them.

I'm glad it doesn't completely suck!

Tepip

Inkster Jr.
Ugh, I hate my internet... tried to join a match during the hour of the demo and wasn't able to.
Either the matches were full, I couldn't connect to the partner or the partner's device didn't respond to me.
No did you try to join other matches after that though?

NimbusSpark

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NimbusSpark
I repeated to connect after every time I disconnected, until the server went back into maitenance. I assume it is something wrong with my internet, though.

Dravidian

Inkling
I'll just repost my first impressions from smashboards:

I promised that I'd fill out certain job aps before I played so I only enjoyed the last 15 minutes.....but holy **** were those a glorious 15 minutes.

I only had 3 matches but they were marvelous. I was destroyed my first match and my team loss. The second match I did way better, but my team managed to lose even worse some how. I did great the third match and my team curb stomped the other

My notes:
  • Motion aiming took some getting used to (the tutorial mostly took care of that) but worked really well
  • I treated Charger like an offensive weapon at first, but it's more for "defense" (focus on scaring/attacking enemies and slowing their progress instead of spreading paint) and quick travel for positioning (charged arc shot -> squid travel)
  • For the love of all things holy, stay mid-long rang when using the charger; it's so slow when charging
    • If it wasn't clear, people who've never played shooters should not start with chargers :laugh:
  • Bombs take a ton of ink, but that keeps them from being spammed
  • I also noticed that bombs seem more effective when used defensively to set up a retreat than for offense
  • I should try using the camera reset for quick turns next time

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
I'm sneaky. I went into the tutorial when there was less then three minutes left and I am still playing

Shane M

Inkling
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
you can kite the hell out of rollers in squid form then splatter shot them to death. Rollers have weaknesses to their setup for sure.

ggdeku

Inkling
NNID
GameBOI
The final game is going to have fully customizable loadouts right?

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid
I'll just repost my first impressions from smashboards:

I promised that I'd fill out certain job aps before I played so I only enjoyed the last 15 minutes.....but holy **** were those a glorious 15 minutes.

I only had 3 matches but they were marvelous. I was destroyed my first match and my team loss. The second match I did way better, but my team managed to lose even worse some how. I did great the third match and my team curb stomped the other

My notes:
  • Motion aiming took some getting used to (the tutorial mostly took care of that) but worked really well
  • I treated Charger like an offensive weapon at first, but it's more for "defense" (focus on scaring/attacking enemies and slowing their progress instead of spreading paint) and quick travel for positioning (charged arc shot -> squid travel)
  • For the love of all things holy, stay mid-long rang when using the charger; it's so slow when charging
    • If it wasn't clear, people who've never played shooters should not start with chargers :laugh:
  • Bombs take a ton of ink, but that keeps them from being spammed
  • I also noticed that bombs seem more effective when used defensively to set up a retreat than for offense
  • I should try using the camera reset for quick turns next time
Lemme tell you dude, the roller's special weapon is PHENOMENAL. Doesn't spread ink, but takes control of A LOT of the stage. Allows others to ink up places if used correctly.

Setnaro X

Full Squid
I really couldn't get into the gyrocontrols. Moving left and right with the stick and looking up and down with the gamepad? Hell no. Thank goodness there's an option for 100% stick usage. I set the sensitive to 0, but the aiming feels WAAY too sensitive and WAAY too stiff. Luckily, I was able to get used to it. I'll have to adjust the sensitivity a little more during the next hour test.

So far, everything feels buttery smooth in terms of online performance. Even through livestreamming, chatting with a friend through Skype with a headset, I got no moments that made me like there was any sort of odd onlne behavior.

I got to test out the splattershot and the sniper rifle, and I think I may be leaning a bit more towards the sniper. I didn't get the chance to use the roller, but holy crap, I didn't expect them to extremely effective in battle. I won't say it's OP since I can pop a one shot kill with a perfectly aimed sniper shot, but it can be rather annoying when up against FOUR ROLLERS. But whatever.

I really can't wait for Tower Control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom