• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Grizzco Break Room

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
We have a ? in the next load out. Been wondering what weapon type can get the GrizzCo touch this time around.
If Mr.Grizz gave us a GrizzCo charger I may just ink my pants. Doubt it but it would be pretty slick.

Any guesses?

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
We have a ? in the next load out. Been wondering what weapon type can get the GrizzCo touch this time around.
If Mr.Grizz gave us a GrizzCo charger I may just ink my pants. Doubt it but it would be pretty slick.

Any guesses?
I'm going to guess that it'll just be the Grizzco Brella. My headcanon is that they'll do new weapons on full "?" loadouts. It does look like a really interesting run. A "?" and a Bamboozler with it.

For egg guarding, I can think of one, and only one situation where it might be beneficial. That is during Goldie Seeking. Say after you finally hit jackpot on your fantastic game of luck, and the Goldie emerges on a geyser far from the basket. I can imagine guarding all of the eggs you shoot down while everyone else rushes to the basket helping, because it's less time you have to spend blindly opening geysers.

One big complaint about solo is bad teammates. During my last session, my teammates were too good! I did everything I could just to feel like I'm contributing, and even then I was behind. On the way to 1200 bonus, there weren't any wipes. There was one strange round where the required eggs went up to 19, and my teammates destroyed that egg requirement. Give me bad teammates so I can feel good about myself! I'm joking of course. I just need to improve so I can be that superhero teammate.

Last edited:

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
Mr. Grizz gave you a dynamo on the rush scenario because he loves you.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
For egg guarding, I can think of one, and only one situation where it might be beneficial. That is during Goldie Seeking. Say after you finally hit jackpot on your fantastic game of luck, and the Goldie emerges on a geyser far from the basket. I can imagine guarding all of the eggs you shoot down while everyone else rushes to the basket helping, because it's less time you have to spend blindly opening geysers.
Aye, fair point. Egg guarding on Goldie Seeking only goes well as long as your teammates follow with your strategy though, this has proven especially difficult when Freelancing for me. Sometimes I'd say "GIT YOUR FLOPS OVER HERE" and they'd stil go on and open all the sewers. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ But most of the time we're moving just right so full-time egg-guarding is unnecessary for the most part. It's a good tactical tool to keep in mind though if you're less mobile or the egg drops are reeeaally far away.

Lookin' forward to the one "?"-slot rotation, gotta love that random extra. Watch me get the Goo-Tuber all the time because Grizz just loves trolling me.

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797

but you're a charger main...

so

whats

wrong

with

gootuber?

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」

but you're a charger main...

so

whats

wrong

with

gootuber?
Okay, first things first: It won't spell doom and death for me, that's for sure. But it's certainly my least favored charger to be handed in SR because of a couple reasons:
  • Its main gimmick, i.e. being able to store partial charge and chiz is borderline useless in SR unless you're lucky with turf coverage. Any unscoped charger does benefit more from it by default.
  • Speaking of which, it's one of THE worst weapons to cover ground if you need to clean areas out of all chargers, imo
  • It has a shorter range than the Splat Charger, a charging time on par with the E-Liter, yet does not have that satisfying one-shot kill like the E-Liter. Talk about an unfortunate combination for that particular mode.
  • All in all it's just the worst weapon to be handed in SR, and imo the worst weapon in the game right now, heck even the Tenta Brella seems more useful and that's already a stretch. :D

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Think you guys. You jinxed me.. First 2 shifts. Freaking 'watchers of teh eggs' lost us the round.

The ? netted me one GrizzCo Brella and the rest was meh. I do enjoy the randomness even though i usually get garbage.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
This session was really hurting my trigger finger badly. Bamboozler and L3 Nozzlenose really messed me up for some reason, on top of getting random weapons that happened to involve manual, deliberate shots.

My finger stamina is never an issue, but it was really bad towards the end. :oops:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This session was really hurting my trigger finger badly. Bamboozler and L3 Nozzlenose really messed me up for some reason, on top of getting random weapons that happened to involve manual, deliberate shots.

My finger stamina is never an issue, but it was really bad towards the end. :oops:
grip.png

Stupid jokes aside, I enjoyed this rotation more than I thought I would. TAPPA TAPPA TAPPA TAPPA TAPPA-

Kamiyuu

Inkling
NNID
kamiyuu
Switch Friend Code
SW-0315-6481-9522
When you get sent to the Salmonids with a Bamboozler and a pat on the back

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Today was a nice day for Sammin' Run. I started off with 3 80+ gold egg rounds, and it wasn't just because I had insane teammates! Had some bad rounds as well, but that's the fun of a loadout with a random weapon! They never gave me an E-Liter, which made me sadface.

Speaking of being jinxed, I had a "special" Goldie Seeking round earlier today. Where was the first Goldie? Across the freaking grates. We shot down what eggs we could, and took 'em to the basket. Before we got all of the eggs, two of the teammates went geyser happy and just randomly started opening geysers. The leftover eggs were taken by the time I returned. At the end of the round, we lost by one egg. Would we have won if I guarded those eggs? Probably not, but the possibility is there. One teammate was rational at the very least, so he might have followed along.

For Goo Tuber, it's not the range or the charge time that makes me dislike it in Salmon Run. It's the freaking damage. When I saw the damage buff in one of the recent patches, I thought that maybe it'd have E-Liter damage in Salmon Run, and it'd just be a quicker E-Liter with less range. NOPE! It's still weaker than the Splat Charger. Weaker, slower to charge, and has less range. Bad on all ends.

My only complaint about the Bamboozler is the lack of much of a tell when you're hitting an enemy. You have to hit a Steelhead twice, so it'd be nice if I knew I was hitting him. Otherwise, it's alright. It kills bosses fast enough.

Now time for some salt advice!

If you're targeted by a Flyfish, try to stay away from your allies. Getting splatted because of Tenta Missiles without warning is frustrating.

If you see an ally firing at enemies, for the love of Callie DO NOT JUMP INFRONT OF THEM! Ink is not ethereal, and it is not fun having a kill being interrupted by a teammate.

Raxel920

Full Squid
I was pretty busy with Odyssey lately, so I missed a lot of shifts. This is the first one I played after coming back. I won a good amount of rounds, and usually with upwards of 60 eggs. One fun moment I had was when it was low tide and we were all at the beach. Me and 2 of my teammates got splatted, but instead of reviving us the last person ran away for no apparent reason. When we realized he wasn't coming back we had a little party before our inevetable demise.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Sooooo
Where the heck is that dang Grizzco Charger? A while ago when we discovered the Grizzco Brella and Blaster, we also discovered a charger. Yet to this day we haven't seen it. I think it would be really fun to have an OP charger in Salmon Run.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I dunno if its just me, weapons, or crew but those Goldie/Glowfly rounds have been brutal at the Lost Outpost.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I dunno if its just me, weapons, or crew but those Goldie/Glowfly rounds have been brutal at the Lost Outpost.
Lost Outpost is definitely brutal for Glowflies. Part of it was having a low power weapon like Aerospray as well as having the H-3 Nozzlenose being so slow. Splat Charger can't get in a very good spot on Lost Outpost Glowflies either. It's definitely great for Marooner's Bay Glowflies though.

AA Battery

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sunshinett
Sooooo
Where the heck is that dang Grizzco Charger? A while ago when we discovered the Grizzco Brella and Blaster, we also discovered a charger. Yet to this day we haven't seen it. I think it would be really fun to have an OP charger in Salmon Run.
What if it’s a Charger that doesn’t charge, it just fires fully charged shots consecutively XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom