• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Grizzco Break Room

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
The next two Sammin' Runs are interesting.

Next one is an all ranged weapons one. Splattershot Pro (weak link imo), Dualie Squelchers, Jet Squelcher, E-Liter. Maybe there will be less deaths if everyone kills everything from half a map away!

The one after that finally has the Bamboozler. I look forward to trying that out. If that doesn't cut it, Heavy Splatling can always kill everything.

EDIT: I wonder if they'll ever have a Salmon Run where you choose your weapon as a special event. Kind of an "employee's day" type thing. Of course doing this too much would just make things dull.

Last edited:

Raxel920

Full Squid
I wonder if they'll ever have a Salmon Run where you choose your weapon as a special event. Kind of an "employee's day" type thing. Of course doing this too much would just make things dull.
That would be interesting! On the one hand, your teammates might pick the same or similar weapon, which means the load outs might not be balanced. On the other hand, if you use your main you’re probably going to be better with it. It would be pretty cool, but have to be pretty rare. At least as rare as the random weapons, probably rarer.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The next two Sammin' Runs are interesting.

Next one is an all ranged weapons one. Splattershot Pro (weak link imo), Dualie Squelchers, Jet Squelcher, E-Liter. Maybe there will be less deaths if everyone kills everything from half a map away!

The one after that finally has the Bamboozler. I look forward to trying that out. If that doesn't cut it, Heavy Splatling can always kill everything.

EDIT: I wonder if they'll ever have a Salmon Run where you choose your weapon as a special event. Kind of an "employee's day" type thing. Of course doing this too much would just make things dull.

I threatened to strike then the next day the Bamboozler shows up.. Just say`in ;)

Love the employees choice idea and I also agree it should be a rare thing if it ever did happen. Stuff like 'lets celebrate due to 1000000 eggs collected this year' or something along those lines.

Jon914

Pro Squid
I don't care for today's lineup (Jet / DS / Pro / E4K). The weapons kill too slowly, and as much as you try to back up, they'll still come for you and be in close range.

After a few lineups where I was getting a lot of 70-80 egg runs, we're killing way less and barely managing 50 on average with each member averaging just 300-400 power eggs, which would normally be "underperform" for Profresh.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I really enjoyed the weapon composition. The three shooters can ink well enough to gain map control and ranged enough where you can safely stay out of trouble, with the e liter being the powerhouse for when things could get dicey.

Foxtrot

Full Squid
I found today's shift really fun honestly. Longer ranged weapons are my preferred weapon type, so I felt right at home. Not to mention it was a nice change of pace from the current in your face meta.

Only thing that sucked was how the reward was just useless cash
ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
This load-out is OK for me, but not much more. I am normally a short range player, so I keep forgetting that all of these weapons work better whilst standing a little further away from the enemies than I personally would like. So I've fallen into the water by an enraged Cohock or Chum a few times already today... :confused: But I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I don't mind using any of these weapons, they're just not my favourites. *^.^*
Except for the E-liter 4k, that fella is beastly. ;D One of my SR favourites, for sure!

Other than that, I'm really wishing for Swim Speed Up tickets whenever I play SR, but I haven't received one for ages... So I'm stuck at 0 SSU tickets. ;*c

dishwasher

Full Squid
So I'm not sure if people just didn't know how to use the weapons or I got matched with bad people but there were 4 straight rounds of making it to the final round and dying...and when looking at the stats, I didn't die once and saved my team a combined 23 times. Ugh freelancing is frustrating sometimes.

16bitdave

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
16bitdave
Switch Friend Code
SW-4349-8419-7001
Anyone feel like they enjoy using a weird variety of weapons in Splatoon 2? For example my go to weapons are the Heavy Splatlings and the ink brush. Very different weapons but I do well with both of them.

dishwasher

Full Squid
Anyone feel like they enjoy using a weird variety of weapons in Splatoon 2? For example my go to weapons are the Heavy Splatlings and the ink brush. Very different weapons but I do well with both of them.
For me, it's either the non-scoped e-liter or any of the dualies. I main a charger normally so that's an obvious choice choosing the e-liter as you can one shot eels, cohocks, and the range is awesome. But the dualies I never use for turf/ranked...for salmon run though, having the dodge-roll is so key for getting out of tricky situations. Even with my whole team dead and swarming with enemies, I can navigate with the roll and save em. I basically use it like I use the inkjet - to get out of tricky situations quick and stay alive.

AA Battery

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sunshinett
I really enjoyed today’s Salmon Run! The Jet Squelcher was rather useful at splatting Boss Salmonids with weak spots (such as Steelheads, who I usually have a bit of trouble dealing with), as it has the range of a charger without even needing to charge. The E-liter’s the E-liter, and the Splattershot Pro was kinda fun as well. I’m still not sure how the Dualie Squlchers can be played to their fullest potential, be it in Ranked or in Salmon Run, but it worked out? I guess?

Also, I wonder if Super Sea Snails could be a possible reward in Salmon Run. I mean, Grizzco is pretty shady... I wouldn’t be surprised if they have underwater connections.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Couple of things I learned working the current shift.

-Not a fan of the SSP. It sounds like its hitting like a hammer then 2 min later the Cohock drops.
-Never really used the E-Liter. Started getting good with it and then the God complex kicked it. Slaying fools across the map.
Sadly I would get the blinders on and get back stabbed by a small fry humbling me for a bit.

Over all a fun load out but I will not be upset if it doesn't show up any time soon.

16bitdave

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
16bitdave
Switch Friend Code
SW-4349-8419-7001
For me, it's either the non-scoped e-liter or any of the dualies. I main a charger normally so that's an obvious choice choosing the e-liter as you can one shot eels, cohocks, and the range is awesome. But the dualies I never use for turf/ranked...for salmon run though, having the dodge-roll is so key for getting out of tricky situations. Even with my whole team dead and swarming with enemies, I can navigate with the roll and save em. I basically use it like I use the inkjet - to get out of tricky situations quick and stay alive.
Yeah I could never manage to get the hang of sniping. So difficult for me. Sniping is a good thing to be good at though, it's always nice to have a good sniper on your team.

archie

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7575-5779-9669
Hey guys! Huge SR fan here, dunno if we've crossed paths in the game before, but I hope we will :)

I was wondering if there's like a fandom-endorsed collection of tips for the game, or if you guys would be up for putting one together here? I've got a couple ideas, most of them really just basic common sense, but it might help for newer players if they don't have to learn it all the hard way (like I did :P)

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
This load-out is OK for me, but not much more. I am normally a short range player, so I keep forgetting that all of these weapons work better whilst standing a little further away from the enemies than I personally would like. So I've fallen into the water by an enraged Cohock or Chum a few times already today... :confused: But I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I don't mind using any of these weapons, they're just not my favourites. *^.^*
Except for the E-liter 4k, that fella is beastly. ;D One of my SR favourites, for sure!

Other than that, I'm really wishing for Swim Speed Up tickets whenever I play SR, but I haven't received one for ages... So I'm stuck at 0 SSU tickets. ;*c
Same. I havent gotten any SSU tickets for a month and a half and when I finally did I couldn't because I'm too scared to use them. It's just two. ;-;

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
So, I was playing salmon run earlier and all four of us where by each other near the egg basket. I guess we where all bringing eggs back at the same time. Three of us ended up dying and the only person left alive just stood there and booyahed and let theirself get killed. We were all literally right there waiting to be revived, and we either were close to the quota or we met it. I don't remember. Either way, we had plenty of time to get more eggs. We did great the first two waves so I wonder why this person would waste their time sabotaging.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hey guys! Huge SR fan here, dunno if we've crossed paths in the game before, but I hope we will :)

I was wondering if there's like a fandom-endorsed collection of tips for the game, or if you guys would be up for putting one together here? I've got a couple ideas, most of them really just basic common sense, but it might help for newer players if they don't have to learn it all the hard way (like I did :p)

If you got some good ideas I could always post it in the OP. Common sense goes a long way in SR and well some of the squids Mr.Grizz hires...

archie

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7575-5779-9669
Arright, here's a couple off the top of my head, hope they're useful:

If you get a roller, put yourself on cleaning duty. Stay behind your teammates and make sure they always have a clear route to the egg basket, and maybe mow down chums and smallfries along the way (be careful with cohocks though, unless you've got the Dynamo Roller, in which case feel free to bask in your power). Also, keep an eye on your teammates and revive them immediately.

If you get splatted, try to get into the crossfire so your teammates can revive you without making detours.

Once the quota is met, surival comes first. Don't take any unnecesary risks just for a a few extra golden eggs, and if a teammate nearby gets splatted, revive them ASAP. Often the action gets focused on a small portion of the map toward the end of a wave; if this is the case, don't feel guilty for running away if you're the last one standing and there's only 10-15 seconds left. You're not abandoning your team, you're ensuring at least one of you makes it. Be careful though, because it's all on you from that point.

If the glowflies swarm around you, retreat immediately to the highest point of the level (the nose of the ship in Marooner's Bay, or the pedestal behind the egg basket in Lost Outpost and Spawning Grounds), or any high point that only has one ramp leading to it. This forces the salmonids into a bottleneck that conveniently allows you and your teammates to stand and mow them down. You can also try painting a wall to some height and retreating into it; you won't be able to help your teammates though, and if they get splatted you're pretty much screwed.

A similar tip applies to grillers: if you're targeted, retreat to an elevated point that also offers a long drop (e.g. the elevator in Marooner's Bay, or the window behind the egg basket in Lost Outpost). Wait for the griller to approach, then just before it gets to you, drop down. Since grillers can only travel on even paths, they have to go all the way around, giving your team ample time to take them down.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Have anyone survived solo on the wave 3?
IIRC, it was all-range shooters rotation and my 2 teammates disconnected on wave 1 then my other teammate disconnected, leaving me alone on wave 2. So I got past wave 2... here comes the wave 3. Well, you can see my avatar. I had done my best surviving wave 3 and got quota filled... but I failed miserably. It was 30 secs left. My weapon is Jet Squelcher and I think my special is Stingray. I would use it but there're too many Steel Eels plus Stingers located at different points. Perhaps, Inkjet could help me to increase my chances surviving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom