• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Grizzco Break Room

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Sooo Luna Blaster coming in the next rotation. I haven't played Salmon Run with it yet, but I have to imagine its one of the worst weapons available for the mode. Thoughts?

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
why why whyyyyyy does your job rank go down when there's a disconnect and you fail the shift? at the very least, it should be maintained. fix it, grizz. :mad:
I've been wondering if the game compensates for DCs by making the waves easier. It still sucks because you could be out a crucial weapon, but that could be why they still penalize you for losing.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
I had two DCs in SR last night. It didn't feel like the waves got easier, but we the waves only required 9 eggs each as opposed to the usual 14-16.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I had two DCs in SR last night. It didn't feel like the waves got easier, but we the waves only required 9 eggs each as opposed to the usual 14-16.
Ah ok. Yeah reducing the egg requirement does not make up for the handicap of being down a player.

Phichikapparho

Full Squid
NNID
Phichi
I've had MANY more than just one or two dc's.

Out of the 1400 points I earned yesterday (no idea how many matches exactly) it seemed every 1 in 4 matches had one person dc. Sometimes 2. Once was amazing, one person down glowfly match all 3 of us stayed by the collector. Match went amazing. 24/7 That round. Wish I had screenshotted or wrote down the name of that particular player because I honestly don't remember. But whoever you are my wife and I love you, and you are officially invited to every single Salmon Run that we do.

Speaking of, I really need to pay attention to who I'm playing with so that I can invite some of these really amazing players that I get teamed up with.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Yup. I had a double DC and the egg count dropped dramatically. It was still quite a struggle to stay alive

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
I hate when you meet the quota, die along with 2 other teammates, and watch as the timer counts down from ten and your last teammate dies
Happens way too often; also the feeling of when/if you die, you know the match is over because your teammates are aware/don't know what they're doing.

catmeow1

Inkling
So, I just had all high tide session. Note to self: try not to get salty when your teammates squid party BEFORE the timer runs out, and all get splatted in the last 10 seconds. (I was splatted too, soo)
Edit: 4:40pm mst: high tide+goldie seeking+cohock charge. Fun times.

Last edited:

catmeow1

Inkling
It just says not to waste time. (Not directly) Other than that it’s open to interpretation

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
On the point of Brella use during Salmon Run, always remember that the shield of any Brella can be used to essentially punch Small Fries. You'd think this would be niche information, but it comes up more often than you would think.

why why whyyyyyy does your job rank go down when there's a disconnect and you fail the shift? at the very least, it should be maintained. fix it, grizz. :mad:
Agreed! I get so frustrated seeing my rank fizzle because of something completely outside of my control like that! Th eissu emust be addressed!

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
So...this salmon run is already a bust. I've done around 10 so far, and literally in every one, almost no one knows how to use any of the weapons provided except for the Dualie Squelchers. I've lost all of them so far, only making it to the 3rd wave once.

Salmon are restless? How about instead of hiding behind the dynamo as they squish them all, how bout I run around get myself killed instead? Oh, I'm splatted and need to be revived? How bout instead of going to a safe place not surrounded by enemies, I decide to go in the center of where all the enemies are and make myself impossible to revive.

This salmon run is gonna give me heart palpitations...

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
How bout instead of going to a safe place not surrounded by enemies, I decide to go in the center of where all the enemies are and make myself impossible to revive.
It can be a good idea to get into a place teammates will fire towards anyway, and you're invincible for a brief time after revival, so this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Really, you're slow as balls in lifesaver form, so wasting time to get to a safe place is a risk, if anything.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
It can be a good idea to get into a place teammates will fire towards anyway, and you're invincible for a brief time after revival, so this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Really, you're slow as balls in lifesaver form, so wasting time to get to a safe place is a risk, if anything.
When I see teammates get splatted, most of them actually aren't anywhere near salmons/bosses (well as they leave after they splat you anyway). Most travel to an area where say, one member is being swarmed by enemies (enough where they're too distracted to try and revive), where there's a teammate closer by them who's in safe distance to revive them without risking anything. Having to chase down teammates to revive them isn't exactly fun.

I do get what you're saying, but I don't think it's a smart idea trying to go to your charger teammate being swarmed where they're having trouble defending themselves, when there's either a weapon with a fast fire rate or a teammate closer to you to revive you.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I understand all the relative points being made here. @MINKUKEL isn't wrong about the idea being made here, but I certainly understand the frustration of being made to revive others when I am in no way equipped to handle such a request. Especially when I am the one using the Goo Tuber and I have a Steel Eel bearing down on me, a Steel Head launching bombs in my direction, a Scrapper being a general nuisance, and multiple FlyFish firing volleys of hot, green death at me! I'm trying to handle the entirety of Salmonid civilization here! I just can't do it! Go bother the N-Zap who is over in the corner smelling his own farts. He has time to revive you!

No, this never really happened to me...

*shudders and cries*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom