• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sure, but how often do you have the exact information of what your other teammembers are doing where and with what weapons? It's usually your safest bet to just get someone's, anyone's, attention asap.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Granted, again, you are very much correct about that, but it's always a good idea in any team based mode to try and keep an eye on some of your teammates as best you can. I just don't think it's the best to be trying to get my attention, or anyone's attention, to revive you when I/they have three stingers chasing at all times, flyers raining missiles, Scrapers being great nuisances, and the good old steel eel making it hard to move around. Of course that's excluded if there's only one other person alive.

Like seriously, I swear I have a big ol sign that says "Hey!? I'm over here! Hit me!" over top of me at all times.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Granted, again, you are very much correct about that, but it's always a good idea in any team based mode to try and keep an eye on some of your teammates as best you can.
Of course it is, and I'm sure most players base their decision on that. But you don't have an all-seeing eye in this game...

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
I love how powerful the dynamo roller is but my god it’s speed has got me killed so many times XD.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Wow, what this carp shift is... I dropped to rank 300 and tried to go back to 400 but failed miserably. Some of my co-workers didn't spam 'Help!', didn't revive teammates, didn't wield weapons (especially Dynamo Roller and Tenta Brella) properly, didn't use specials, etc, etc. Also, see my avatar as every boss goes after me while trying to revive someone.

I hope next shift is better... *checks shift schedule and sees Aerospray, Rapid Blaster, L-3 Nozzlenose and Jet Squelcher* Oh...

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I hope next shift is better... *checks shift schedule and sees Aerospray, Rapid Blaster, L-3 Nozzlenose and Jet Squelcher* Oh..
Am I getting correctly that you think this is going to be a bad shift? Because it looks great to me.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Am I getting correctly that you think this is going to be a bad shift? Because it looks great to me.
Yup, it's better than today's shift... Well, I wonder if co-workers would use L-3 Nozzlenose and Rapid Blaster efficiently. While they are great at range, L-3's semi-automatic and Rapid isn't well at close quarters especially if it missed (ugh, smallfries). Also, I haven't seen them in online matches so I assume that they are unpopular along newer players.

Anyway, I'm sorry for being negative. I guess that shift really let me down.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think Profreshionals probably mostly know how to handle most weapons, even if they don't use them in multiplayer. At any rate, they're not as hard to pick up in SR as in other modes.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
I hate trying to deal with smallfries with the rapid blaster.... Hate. On the upside, it shreds Chum.

I haven't gotten my shift in yet, but I'm not even going to look for a break into 200's this run, I'll be happy even to break even or just stay Profreshional.

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
Past few I've been way up in the ranks (Profreshional 190, 235% pay grade, jeez!)

This current session of Salmon Run is the worst I've seen in quite some time.

Dualie Squelchers- Probably the best weapon in this rotation. Easy/quick to use+fire with.
Dynamo Roller- 0/10, worst weapon of this session. Hate every single time I get it.
Tenta Brella- Not entirely bad, but not entirely the best either. Still much better than Dynamo though.
Splatterscope- Very helpful creating quick/long paths to escape, especially helpful when Steelhead is on the loose.

It's so bad, I'm struggling to even get through waves 2, or even 1. Sometimes end up with everyone dead by 30 seconds left in wave 1.

Oh yeah, and remember when I said I was previously at Profreshional 190? Just got my first full clear of wave 3, and I'm at 60/99 (From the match I lost before that, I was at 40/99!)

So tip of advice right now-
If you're thinking of playing Salmon Run between 4/9 2:00AM ET - 4/10 8:00AM ET:
DON'T.

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Yeah this rotation has sucked pretty hard; the tenta brella and dynamo just get stuck too easily. They're slow and can't paint tremendously well, so they get bogged down in the enemy ink and get taken out by flyfish, drizzlers, and stingers repeatedly. The Splatterscope is usually too preoccupied taking out steelheads or other assorted bosses, and relying on the dualie squelchers for paint control alone just won't cut it. I managed to get through three waves two times in all, and had to fight to keep my Profreshional 400 ranking.

I was REALLY hoping to get a Goldie Search wave with the dynamo, purely to relive the hilarity of mowing it down from the front and watching gold eggs rain down. What'd I get instead? Griller.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Been a while...

Agreed on the last few load outs. Tricky to say the least.

High tide far platform egg watchers in the smoke yard seems to be my bane lately. UnProfreshional.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'm going to mirror everyone's thoughts here:

This SR rotation is one of the worst ever. Dynamo may crush mobs in a heartbeat, but it consumes so much ink it's ridiculous. And with nobody to paint the way for it, it falls very easily if it gets stuck in enemy ink. Tenta fares a little better, but the weapon itself is very slow. The Scope can do some slaying if it weren't on Lost Outpost, again.
It all comes down to the Dualie Squelchers, by no means a bad weapon, but it cannot compensate enough for the other 3 weapons to make a significant difference.

iced potato

Senior Squid
Normally I'll play any rotation, I really don't mind some of the difficult weapon loadouts, but after reading people's experiences with this one, I decided it might be best not to touch it, haha.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
My prediction for myself was correct. My break towards the 200s is over for now, but I did not do so bad as to drop rank. The lack of painting was the absolute bane of my runs. In a reversal of sorts, though, I found grillers easier... I think because all the weapons were fairly hard hitting, and only the splatterscope had a really diffucult time with small fry.

Still... Virtually relying on specials for mobility was a nightmare. Would not recommend.

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I just woke up after a shift that lasted roughly from 11:00 to 2:00 in the morning. Something I'm wondering is if at sometime in the future, Nintendo can start introducing even more advanced (and dangerous) missions for high level employees. In addition to a helmet and other bonuses, I ultimately pocketed 16000 gold out this shift. So more advanced missions would entail more points towards bonuses and things like that. The catch is, they'd only be open to profressionals or higher.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I really liked that last loadout. It was rough, but that's what made it so fun. If you could manage to keep yourself from getting stuck, you had some powerhouse weapons. I managed to get to superbonus on solo without much issue. Too bad I didn't have the time to do it more.

Even better? They always gave me Dynamo, Tenta Brella, and Splatterscope! I admit it was rough that I never got the stable weapon of the bunch, but I always had boss killing power!

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I decided to avoid this shift like the plague. The reason? Only one. Tenta Brella. I am quite aware that it has the boss killing power of a barreling locomotive, but it is just too slow to effectively handle the chaos that is Profreshional Salmon Run. Even taking the shield into account, I just don't think that the Tent brings enough to the table.

What I don't understand is the Dynamo Roller hate in Salmon Run shifts. I understand that it isn't going to be doing too well without something to help paint the turf, but it is a killer in combat!

"But how can you say that when the weapon's swing speed is so slow?"

I'm glad you asked that, imaginary straw man! Allow me to explain. In Salmon Run, the power of the Dynamo does not come from swinging the roller most of the time. Rather, it comes from just rolling over things. This isn't a highly discussed topic I feel, so allow me to air things out a bit. In general, rollers in Salmon Run are used to paint the area and roll over general mobs. This is the role that a Splat Roller should be taking. Carbon Rollers will paint better, but be worse at rolling over enemies due to the fact that they don't do enough damage rolling to take out Chums. Y'know, the most common thing to find in Salmon Run? The Dynamo won't be all that great at painting thanks to its slow running speed and high ink usage. However, the damage output from just rolling is outstanding! Simply rolling, there is a lot that the Dynamo can take out with relative ease! Here is a list of the things that you can take out just by walking into them with the Dynamo:
  • Small Fries
  • Chums
  • Cohocks
  • Scrappers
  • Steel Eels
  • The Glowfly wave in general
Being able to crush things like that nearly without pause is what makes the Dynamo good in Salmon Run! There are some caveats to keep in mind though.
  1. Goldies will likely take two hits from rolling into them to kill.
  2. Scrappers can be stopped by rolling into them from in front, but must be approached from behind to crush.
  3. Don't roll into the Steel Eel's head, that doesn't work no matter what weapon you have!
You can even one shot Steel Heads with a well placed vertical flick! All in all, the Dynamo gets a bad rep in Salmon Run. I think it is a much more solid and stable weapon to have than the Tenta Brella, that's for sure.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
Now that the previous “abysmal” of a shift is behind us, can we talk about the current one?

I feel like this is one of the better RNG shifts the game has given us in months. The Nozzle is probably the weakest of the bunch, but even it is doable enough to cause damage. I’m defiantly going to try to farm up a good bit in the next couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom