• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Phichikapparho

Full Squid
NNID
Phichi
My trip up through profreshional did not go as smoothly as I was hoping. Still have yet to see anything higher than 0-99 profresh.

This time it was alllllll me. No-one else to blame when I take chances that gets me killed right before 2 others. Quite a few really good player out there though.

The drizzler has been upgraded to the thing that will kill me the most. It usually goes down as flyfish or chum, but we all know it was the 5 seconds I was in the drizzler before that that was the true factor there.

Ugh. Sorry to the team that carried me. You guys were amazing. We probably could have got 80+ eggs that round if I had pulled my head out of my hindquarters.

Always working on improving. But this weekend was shameful.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
What are you supposed to do in a Mothership wave when the Mothership starts sucking eggs out of the basket? I had the squiffer with inkjet when this happened, I tried shooting the Mothership with inkjet but I don't think it helped.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
What are you supposed to do in a Mothership wave when the Mothership starts sucking eggs out of the basket? I had the squiffer with inkjet when this happened, I tried shooting the Mothership with inkjet but I don't think it helped.
It helps, but it's marginal.

Motherships rounds usually go well when whoever has the Sting Ray is compentent enough to start shooting at it before hitting the basket. Many Mothership rounds rely on that ability, especially if the other weapons on the shift have slower output compared to Dualies.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
It helps, but it's marginal.

Motherships rounds usually go well when whoever has the Sting Ray is compentent enough to start shooting at it before hitting the basket. Many Mothership rounds rely on that ability, especially if the other weapons on the shift have slower output compared to Dualies.
Ok so then if the person with stingray doesn't use it, there's nothing you can really do to prevent your eggs from getting stolen?

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
In my experience, bomb rush is the only special that can't put a large amount of hurt on the mothership. Even Splash Down will mess it up, if you position right. Stingray is just the most efficient. Consistently avoiding having eggs stolen is more about everyone being on the ball, so more than one person is in position to wail on it after Mr. Griz radios the warning.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
Ok so then if the person with stingray doesn't use it, there's nothing you can really do to prevent your eggs from getting stolen?
Not at all; you can still get by the round without using the Sting Ray if your teammates are competent enough to help you out at the basket.

I was just saying that whenever someone does use the SR then the round usually goes by smoothly because it's doing consistent damage on the ship compared to the shift weapons. For example, if the shift weapons were Dynamo, Tenta Brella, Nozzlenose, and E-Liter, it would be difficult to complete a mothership round without the Sting Ray special.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
What is everyone's fixation with jumping on the basket that opens during low tide on Marooners bay after a low tide? Yeah, cool, you can jump on it and not drown in the water, but what does that accomplish? I've had 3 different people do that and cost us the last wave because they're just standing there not helping.
I fume every time that happens. Should be fixed so it isn't even possible to happen I think.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Dynamo Roller, a pretty garbage weapon for pretty much any boss in Salmon Run.

There are only really two instances where this weapon is good.

Rush, because you can just roll over everything, even Goldies will perish pretty quickly under the Dynamo's might. Only problem is this thing is an ink guzzler and you best hope your team has your back when you need an ink recharge.

Goldie Seekie, when the Goldie is running in your direct just roller over it and you'll instantly get like 10 eggs in half a second, it is insane how many eggs you can get from rolling into a Goldie. Additionally, the roller 1HKOs Cohawks so expect to play cleanup duty, both for the spawns and the Chum trying to take the eggs back.

Other than that, Dynamo is pretty much the absolute worst weapon I've ever used in Salmon Run.

Last edited:

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Yeah, Dynamo is pretty garbage. Slow, a lot of ink consumption, you'll more than likely get splatted half of the time, it's a NIGHTMARE on high tide. Like the only good thing about it besides what Gamboy said is: rolling over all the small fries, chums, and cohoks, one shotting steel heads...yeah that's about it.

I dread when I get this weapon, cuz I'm dead more than half of the time. And taking out Stingers is so slow when all your other mates are occupied.

Last edited:

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
I, too, fell to the sluggishness of the Dynamo. On paper, this round looked alright. Dynamo is situational at best, but good positioning, as Shade says, secures firefly and goldie seeking rounds.

I, on the other hand, continuously got the Dynamo on high tide... and felt useless. There is a special kind of bitterness felt when two teammates are crying help and moving toward you... but you just ran out of ink, cause you hand to swing a whole 3 times to escape a horde. SMH.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
The Dynamo is a decent support weapon as far damage output goes, but it really is subpar in everything else.

It’s worse when you get bad teammates, because you know the moment RNG class gives you it, you’re in for a rough round.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
My circle swears by the Dynamo in Salmon Run. I do not understand it. Mobility is king when facing down the salmonid hordes and the Dynamo is the least mobile weapon in the game. It's maddening.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Fun load-out today. I am also in the dynamo is not very serviceable in SR.
Today was my first brush with rage quitting mid shift. Low tide, turrets pop up, aaannnnnddd the neo and zap jump into them..

Nothing like having the Heavy splat and dynamo egg fetching during the Cohock Charge.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
We have two good shooters and Heavy Splatling. That should make up for the difficulties people have with handling Dynamo....right? Apparently not! I had an awful time getting into this loadout. I went down to 300. No-one knew how to stay alive. The second I slipped up and died once, the round was always over. It didn't help how they kept giving us Griller and fog waves. Thankfully I managed to claw my way back to 400 despite the frustrations.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So on round one of the day, I had a Connection Error and went down to 380. You know what that means: back in the 300-399 range, desperate to claw my way back up and man did they make that difficult for me. Went down to 350 and had to get ~1400 points in total just to get back to 400.

Played later on my alt and had no issues staying at 400, but that Dynamo is murder in the wrong hands. I think this rotation's only issue was the lack of DPS. Sure the Dynamo can one-hit a lot of things, but not for long before you run out of ink and die. The Heavy was pretty fun, being able to easily take out Drizzlers alone, but too often I found people abandoning their charge to reposition, losing out massively on their clearing potential.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I just found an old video regarding steel eel invincible ‘forts’.
<3

Hopefully the 3.0 patch did fix it as stated in the patch notes, can anyone confirm?

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
How do I flick Inkbrush faster? I can't mash button as fast as Inkbrush pros. Heck, I still can't flick Octobrush faster... :(
Oh well, being egg collector and reviver is better option for me with slow fingers.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
On the rounds with the Dynamo, Heavy, Splash, and Zap, I actually fulfilled my goal! I reached Pro 400! For about a minute and a half. Once I did it, I realized that I hadn't gotten my final super bonus. I was on a roll, and figured that this was a good time to play one more match. We were doing great and I was on top of the world! What could possibly go wrong? Anyone familiar with Bubsy should know exactly what can go wrong.

Start up what should have been the final round to get my super bonus. Wave one starts! Two of my teammates die to the first boss that spawns. A Steel Eel I believe. The rest goes exactly how you would think. From then on, I go through another huge losing streak until I decide to end it after plummeting to Pro 310. I am once again wondering if I am the problem here. Why in the world do these huge strings of losses happen to me so regularly? I am just ignoring the round with the Inkbrush. I don't need that stress. I'll try again next round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom