• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
The only thing I really wanted to see fixed in SR was the issue where Maws' won't attack you even though they're right underneath you.
I was hoping that'd be fixed, too. It's so...weird. Because sometimes when it happens to me, I just stand there of course waiting for it to attack, but then a teammate comes by and throws a bomb and it just explodes like the maw did try to attack, even though it didn't.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Something else I seemed to have noticed. You don't need 2-3 people to deposit eggs that a maw/scrapper, or any other boss drops near the basket. Just let one person do it, and leave and tend to the other bosses.

There's countless times where I, or someone else has splatted a boss near the basket, or are close to it, and then a teammate or two leaves the boss they're fighting or whatever to pick up and deposit the eggs. Look, I'm happy you're helping and all, but that steel eel/stinger/flyfish that's trying to kill you and you left? Go back to that and not drag it over here to get us killed.

I'm fine when people are luring bosses over to get the eggs easier, but simply leaving a boss you're fighting, while bosses continuously spawn mind you, is likely to get us killed, just because you want those few extra points on the scoreboard.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I'd say the following clip is a fine summary of the last loadout. Constantly ran into moments like this. Except sometimes I died and the round was over.

Thankfully today's loadout went much more smoothly. With the buff, Inkbrush is actually not half bad at inking now.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
@J'Wiz Ah, so your co-workers don't seem to understand the threat of Stingers either. I don't know how many times I need to stress this, but Flyfish and Stingers need to be top priority! They end runs blindingly fast thanks to the idea that they have infinite range and tend to attack the person furthest away from them unlike most of the other bosses. But I still see them mostly ignored in favor of fighting the Steel Head or the Chums. Seriously, come back to them after the scourges to Inkling society have been neutralized! Quite literally there are bigger fish to fry!

Phichikapparho

Full Squid
NNID
Phichi
The inkbrush is amazing now.

Very fun SR's this round. Trying to get a couple of friends carried up to profresh so I can start climbing that fishy ladder. Hopefully with only one random person we can figure this thing out a bit more effectively.

Think I'm back down to 40/99 profresh again. But we are narrowing the gap between us.

I find it hard to want to play any of the other game modes recently. Haha.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Not attacking stingers/flyfish and not trying to lure certain bosses to the basket (especially maws) are probably my biggest gripes with SR teammates.

Wait, how i could i forget my true gripe? teammates not using specials.
Seriously, so many matches could have been saved if someone just popped their inkjet or splashdown.

Also after some runs, i can safely say the current set is tricky but really good.
Brush has a surprising lot of use, especially on the grates.
A teammate with very high mobilty schould not be underestimated, stingers are dead-meat vs a brush and be able to move freely in hectic situations can be a life-saver.
The other weapons despite being tricky, can easely wreck salmonids and especially bosses too.
Brella for example has huge DPS in close ranges.
Really, the set is much better then it may first look like!

*shameless semi-brag inkoming*
I managed to get to 300 finally after a win streak with this, finally...

Last edited:

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Give me the Dynamo over the Ink Brush any day.

I swear to Glob people come here and read all the tips posted and then do the total opposite when its time to work.
Pro 300`s and dudes are egg guarding..

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
This kinda amuses me, because I'm stuck in Pro 100's and I only see an egg guarder rarely. Most people seem on board with Goldie seeking being the only acceptable time.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Hell yeah, incoming Tentacle Difficulties. I hope we're finally getting the charger.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Dynamo Roller, a pretty garbage weapon for pretty much any boss in Salmon Run.

There are only really two instances where this weapon is good.

Rush, because you can just roll over everything, even Goldies will perish pretty quickly under the Dynamo's might. Only problem is this thing is an ink guzzler and you best hope your team has your back when you need an ink recharge.

Goldie Seekie, when the Goldie is running in your direct just roller over it and you'll instantly get like 10 eggs in half a second, it is insane how many eggs you can get from rolling into a Goldie. Additionally, the roller 1HKOs Cohawks so expect to play cleanup duty, both for the spawns and the Chum trying to take the eggs back.

Other than that, Dynamo is pretty much the absolute worst weapon I've ever used in Salmon Run.
Dynamo is the Jesus of weaponry, when that harsh Salmon Rush occurs, if you position it just right, and just stand there, none of the salmons or the Goldies will get through you at all, i've done it countless of times, having my team squidparty while doing so (still frustrating though), but not having to move, means no ink consumption and i can leave it to my teammates getting all the egg, in relative safety.

Plus this weapon is amazing during the Cohock flocking during low tide as well.

Phichikapparho

Full Squid
NNID
Phichi
Dynamo is the Jesus of weaponry, when that harsh Salmon Rush occurs, if you position it just right, and just stand there, none of the salmons or the Goldies will get through you at all, i've done it countless of times, having my team squidparty while doing so (still frustrating though), but not having to move, means no ink consumption and i can leave it to my teammates getting all the egg, in relative safety.

Plus this weapon is amazing during the Cohock flocking during low tide as well.
Which would work if my teammates were capable of killing all the bosses without me doing anything.

My wife absolutely LOATHES the dynamo roller, so I went around and displayed it's strengths 1hko vertical fling on a steelhead, roll right over the steel eel tail, sit there while glowfly chums and goldies break upon your roller like water against steel.

It does indeed have many redeeming qualities. But to fully utilize these you have to play basically a purely support role. And if people are ignoring the stingers..... well, you're up kid. And we all know how well that works with that particular roller. I think licking the sides of the pots would do more damage. Died at least three times that way.

Yeah sure, if you can rely on your teammates to the hilt you can really get in there good with the roller and truly make it shine.

Unfortunately I can't even rely on my teammates that I don't personally know, to prioritize stingers(pots) and flyfish(buckets). So, things did not go nearly as swimmingly as they could have.

Also trying to show people(randoms) about inking up and then squidding up the taller walls to make grillers and glowflies easier has proved to be annoying at best, impossible at worst. 50/50 chance of a wipe due to someone either not getting it, or jumping down to party on the floor below.

AND GUYS, MOTHERSHIP!!!! See that giant thing attached to our egg basket?! Shoot it!!! Had to fight that thing off all by my lonesome with the dynamo and a splashdown. ....Ick.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I have the opposite problem with the mothership. Where my teammates are usually gods at killing it and the salmons for the eggs...but no one deposits the eggs. Person with the stingray? Never bothers to use it. Look, you don't even have to use both, just use one to rack up damage and kill some salmons for easier eggs.

Now for this run I decided to shift what I do, and play pure supportive. Splatting as many bosses as I could, depositing eggs whenever I had to run by the basket (or I splatted a boss near there), keeping an eye out on splatted teammates to revive. My results? Ended just as bad as it usually does. And I also feel that my team died more when I did it this way. I'm honestly running out of things to try to make it more bearable. I love this mode so much...but some people just...I don't think they understand how playing as a team works.

But on the bright side, besides being harassed by stingers at all times and having bosses lured my way, I see more people throwing bombs at stingers to damage the pots to take them out easier, more people using bombs to revive far away mates. I even ran to a good few who understood to shoot the drizzlers torpedo back at it to take it out easier. So...I guess that's a plus?

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I love this mode so much...but some people just...I don't think they understand how playing as a team works.
That is my biggest complaint about Salmon Run. Teammates who don't know how to be teammates. It reminds me of another game that has a mode in it where you fight against a horde of AI monsters and the goal is to work as a team to survive. But the mode is scored so everyone ends up breaking down into the "all for one and one for all" mentality because everyone is fighting for that high score instead of for that glorious team survival. Which game is that again? I could have sworn it rhymed with Wall of Booty...Oh well.

It's good to see that people are learning though. I didn't even understand that throwing a bomb at the base of a Stinger damaged most of the pots making up the tower! Learning that made me a better Stinger slayer than I already was! Though that information is moot when you have a Blaster, it's helpful most other times.

I also could have sworn by now that throwing bombs at downed teammates was the norm by now, but I guess some people are still learning? Honestly, @xXShadeXx , it seems like you could use some teammates that aren't randoms. It seems like that could, perhaps, help you out and lead to less stress playing a game mode that you love. Trust me, I've seen all the same things you have and it frustrates me too. Bad randoms can suck all the joy out of something that you really like. I think I can do something about that.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I finally made my goal! During the Hydra/Sploosh/L-3/RBP round. I don't know why, but I fell asleep early and ended up waking up just shortly before GrizzCo opened its doors, so I decided to give it a try. I wasn't getting back to sleep anytime soon, so might as well earn some money and reputation while I was at it! Not every wave went perfectly. In fact there were a few where I performed surprisingly bad. But, in the end, the matches were fun and I made it to Pro 400! Now knowing that I can do it, I can play Salmon Run with a bit less stress and hopefully grab some more Drink Tickets! I could go for some more Swim Speed drinks after all.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Aparentely the upcoming ?/?/?/? shift will have the Grizzco Charger and Slosher.
Weird that all the Grizzco weapons are kind of burst-type weapons. No shooter or anything like that. But still, nice little surprise to continue the 3.0 high. And a nice way for them to make up putting the Dynamo and the Hydra in shifts so close to each other.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Aparentely the upcoming ?/?/?/? shift will have the Grizzco Charger and Slosher.
Weird that all the Grizzco weapons are kind of burst-type weapons. No shooter or anything like that. But still, nice little surprise to continue the 3.0 high. And a nice way for them to make up putting the Dynamo and the Hydra in shifts so close to each other.
Honestly the ?/?/?/? is the best set IMO.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
From what I've gathered.

Grizzco Charger will be a Bamboozler, same range, but has an instant (3 frame) full charge that always deals 150 damage. Can also hold charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom