• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I wish there was some party-like mode in 4v4 where every match every player gets a random weapon.
That would be a cool mode for PB or the Shoal

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That would be a cool mode for PB or the Shoal
I mean, you can already arrange something like that yourself if you use the shoal or private battles. But I never play either of those, so I'd like to see something like that as an alternative to TW. Just something for fun, like how Smash has online modes with items and 4p to contrast the 1v1/2v2 Omega version battles. It'd be interesting to actually see some weapons for once.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
No, not in-game, but since private and offline battles are arranged with people you know, you can set something like that up easily. Like, just make a list of all weapons and go to random.org to randomly select one between each match, for example.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
That would be pretty awesome if true.
Well, now that it is officially out. It is.

I just forgot to mention the detail that each shot consume 14% of your ink tank so you can only shoot like 6 shots before having to refill. Also it seems to have Splat Charger range.

Last edited:

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
I'd say the following clip is a fine summary of the last loadout. Constantly ran into moments like this. Except sometimes I died and the round was over.

Thankfully today's loadout went much more smoothly. With the buff, Inkbrush is actually not half bad at inking now.
Fine summary of the last loadout? This is me every anytime I play SR. o_O

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Aaaah, being chased by 2-3 stingers and your mates doing nothing about it. It's okay, I deal with that like all the time as well. So I feel your pain.

I'm actually pretty fine with the ?/?/?/? loudout. Only lost a couple of times compared to losing...like twice as much. It's pretty fun, and I overall prefer it this way. If only it could last forever.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Random loadouts! I always have a lot of fun with these! I am looking forward to seeing what I get in the exchange!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Grizzco Charger.
-Instantaneous charge time.
-Range equivalent to an E-liter Scope if not slightly greater. I tested it out and it does have more range than a normal E-liter.
-Always does 150 damage.
-Same handing speed as the normal Bamboozler.
-Takes up ink like there is no tomorrow.

It's an interesting Grizzco weapon. It's definitely powerful as hell and certainly a boss killer, but the simple fact the ink efficiency on this weapon is next to nonexistent, certainly makes playing is much more of a balancing act.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
It sounds like the weapon itself is super powered with a huge appetite to match. I think this is keeping in line with the other GrizzCo weapons though. It makes sense to me and I can't wait to tear it up with the GrizzCo Charger!

Honestly, though, what about a GrizzCo Splatling? Can I has, please?

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I always enjoy the ???? rotations; they give such variety. I found that most of the weapons I got were heavy-class: I got the Tenta, Hydra twice, E-Litre once with scope and once without, and Dynamo three times. At least I FINALLY got to use a Dynamo on Goldie Search again, because man I love getting those egg fountains when you run them over.

That Grizzco charger is pretty fun too. My goal was basically to only shoot when I saw a boss's weak point, mostly Drizzlers, Steel Eels, and Steelheads. A lot of my teammates died with that weapon too much because of its ink consumption, but I thought it was neato.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Hopefully we get a taste of the grizco sloshing machine soon too.
Appparently it's slow? so the AoE (and ink consumption) should be insane.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's an interesting Grizzco weapon. It's definitely powerful as hell and certainly a boss killer, but the simple fact the ink efficiency on this weapon is next to nonexistent, certainly makes playing is much more of a balancing act.
That's why it's probably so far my least favorite Grizzco weapon. Though it's still fun. Got it 6 or 7 times getting to 1200pts, so got to play it a decent amount. One time all 4 of us had the Grizzco Charger. That was probably the most problematic wave I've played in today's shift. Well aside from one where me and another player were both stuck with the Hydra in a wave 3.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Another salmon run, time for advice i want to get of my chest and other stuff (some semi rant)

First of all, USE YOUR SPECIAL!
Can't stress this enough, so many times specials could have saved the round or double the amount off eggs we got.
Just take a look at this: Or this.:
During a cohock rush, if there are multiple eggs near the basket while time is running out and no cohock or bosses near.
Get out of your cannons and collect, we don't need 2 or more people using cannons now.

Now for a stupid one, the ink cannons ink tank=your inkling ink tank.
No idea why I didn't know this but saying here for good measure.
If you're ink cannons tank is empty, get out and refil, and then continue your barrage of missiles.

Easter egg: if you get 100 or more eggs, grizco says something different then usual.
Noticed a glimpse of him saying blessed (translating from dutch) but didn't catch the rest of it as I usually pay no attention to it.

Thanks for reading.

Grizco charger was surprisingly hard to use, but otherwise it’s a great addition capable of destroying bosses and waves of salmonids like there’s no tommorow over a fair distance.
Had alot of fun throwing myself in the action and then mow down multiple salmonids in less then a second nearly.

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Mr. Grizz broke Inkopolis Physics Rule #4592 found on page 98756 of Rules of Physics for Inkopolis and constructed a charger that doesn't charge AND illegaly distributed it in an illegal jobsite. Please report to Inkopolis Police Federation if found, 104 - 865 - 0002. He will spend a 1000 cash fine and spend the rest of his life in prison. Thank you.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
The Grizzco Charger doesn't feel as powerful as I hoped. Honestly it's just a slightly stronger Bamboozler with much worse ink efficiency. Still takes two shots to kill a Steelhead, and still takes three shots to kill a Steel Eel. I personally think Bamboozler is better. Admittedly I still enjoy the Grizzco Charger. I've always liked the Bamboozler.

I do like this random loadout better than the previous one. The last one seemed stacked towards giving you higher tier weapons. This one really felt random. I had one round where I got Octobrush two times in a row, and I was completely fine with it! Had a run round where I had an E-Liter and all of my teammates had Grizzco Chargers....we didn't last, but it was still fun!

So on the previous loadout, I had a crazy night on solo. My teammates were all stupid good. I got so freaking close to my goal of 100 in solo. One run was a 97 egg run, and the very next was 96. Had multiple normal waves with 40+ eggs where we killed almost every boss. If I had Hydra, I could effectively kill bosses because I was being backed up. It was glorious.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Grizzo Charger is life savers during Grillers.
(keep forgetting this isn't discord)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom