• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Grizzco Charger is actually less effective against Stingers than regular chargers, but otherwise it's great fun! Helped me get a new record of 120 gold eggs in a single shift! I believe it has the same number of full charged shots per tank as the regular Splat Charger so I treated it as such, making sure every shot counted rather than spamming haphazardly, thus I didn't have problems with the ink efficiency.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I'm kind of curious. Is it even possible to get Grizzco weapons at The Shoal? They certainly aren't in the selectable rotation, but I'm not sure if they can still appear in the random weapon selection.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
The Grizzco Charger doesn't feel as powerful as I hoped. Honestly it's just a slightly stronger Bamboozler with much worse ink efficiency. Still takes two shots to kill a Steelhead, and still takes three shots to kill a Steel Eel. I personally think Bamboozler is better. Admittedly I still enjoy the Grizzco Charger. I've always liked the Bamboozler.

I do like this random loadout better than the previous one. The last one seemed stacked towards giving you higher tier weapons. This one really felt random. I had one round where I got Octobrush two times in a row, and I was completely fine with it! Had a run round where I had an E-Liter and all of my teammates had Grizzco Chargers....we didn't last, but it was still fun!

So on the previous loadout, I had a crazy night on solo. My teammates were all stupid good. I got so freaking close to my goal of 100 in solo. One run was a 97 egg run, and the very next was 96. Had multiple normal waves with 40+ eggs where we killed almost every boss. If I had Hydra, I could effectively kill bosses because I was being backed up. It was glorious.
Note that unlike the regular boozler, the grizco charger can pierce making it multiple times better for taking on multiple enemies.
That's what makes it great for my, I honestly don't like the boozler in SR due how it can't pierce making it bad VS waves you will be facing a lot.
Gizco charger seems to have better DPS too.

Azure ST

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-3733-1036
I'm kind of curious. Is it even possible to get Grizzco weapons at The Shoal? They certainly aren't in the selectable rotation, but I'm not sure if they can still appear in the random weapon selection.
I play shoal SR w/ another player often enough, and I've never seen a Grizzco weapon there despite normally running w/ random weapons. So from my experience, no.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I for one think the Grizzco Charger is overpowered.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
So I want to say that one, I love this randomized weapon thing. And two, my teammates actually surprised me this time.

Got two goldie seeking waves. Which I usually dread because it's filled with utter chaos. Cuz ya know, people not paying attention to the height they spray, so they usually just frantically open whatever leaving nothing but Salmons and Cohoks to destroy us. But this time it wasn't, because my teammates actually waited patiently for me while I was opening the gushers looking for it. I even
had the person who was holding the Dynamo following me around as I did it.

Honestly worked better than I thought. We had lost on the last wave because while two of the mates were attacking the goldie, and I depositing eggs and getting rid of cohoks and such...someone kept getting splatted. So, was a lost, but I think a win in my case because of the lack of chaos.

iced potato

Senior Squid
I'm not sure how I feel about the Grizzco Charger. From my experience with it, sometimes it feels terrible and sometimes it feels so powerful. Definitely not easy to use due to it's thirst for ink and half the time I don't know what I am doing with it. :P

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Did I never share this one? Well now I have.

Hey? I give you props for trying.

And I just wanna add that if friendly fire was a thing and you could splat your teammates, I'd be quickly reported and banned for how many of my teammates I would splat. I'm very bi-polar towards this mode if you can't tell.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Hey? I give you props for trying.

And I just wanna add that if friendly fire was a thing and you could splat your teammates, I'd be quickly reported and banned for how many of my teammates I would splat. I'm very bi-polar towards this mode if you can't tell.
I admit that I'm not sure what you're talking about. The point of the video was that I saved myself from drowning by popping an Injket, but then got pushed in anyway.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I admit that I'm not sure what you're talking about. The point of the video was that I saved myself from drowning by popping an Injket, but then got pushed in anyway.
The first sentence was in regards for you trying to save yourself. Your post itself.

That second bit was just a thought that was on my mind. Didn't want to double post, so I just added it in. Should've made it a bit more clear, my bad.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
This random weapon round was quite fun! During this shift I made a couple of observations.
  1. Teammates this time around were surprisingly competent! It's like there was finally an understanding that everyone has to work together to get the job done! Either that or something about random weapon acquisitions brings out the better habits in others.
  2. GrizzCo Charger is a beast! That weapon may take a ton of ink to use (Nothing new for a GrizzCo weapon) but it can pierce targets and it can fire at full power as quickly as you can tap! Instantaneous charge, even when airborne! I love this weapon because of that!
I even had a round where we came really close to getting that elusive 100 egg round! How close? We got 99. And I had an egg right at the end but just couldn't reach the basket! Like if I had just farted right at the end i could have sunk that final egg! As is though, I feel pretty good after that shift. I just wish that the random shifts would come up more often. Still need more Swim Speed tickets.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
tbh, the rando shift was really fun. even if I still couldn't make it into Profresh 200, the change ups kept things interesting.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Grizzco Charger is definitely an expert weapon. Not great for even medium-skill players due to its massive ink consumption and low damage (for a charger), but if you have excellent ink management and aim, it's pretty fantastic.

Am I right in saying that it has the fastest ink depletion of any weapon in the game? It can empty a tank in about 1 second.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Grizzco Charger is definitely an expert weapon. Not great for even medium-skill players due to its massive ink consumption and low damage (for a charger), but if you have excellent ink management and aim, it's pretty fantastic.

Am I right in saying that it has the fastest ink depletion of any weapon in the game? It can empty a tank in about 1 second.
I’d say you’re right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom