• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
That's my perspective on them. Has been for a while. It's nice to see more of my co-workers going after them! It is getting better, but there is no way that I will ever look at a stack of pots the same way again.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
Despite the fact that my teammates appear more capable of taking out fly fish, and on the whole we all seem to take them down faster, it hasn't had a meaningful effect on my success rate. In Profresh 100, it seems like everyone has gotten better at normal waves and high tide, but much worse at goldie seeking and grillers.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Despite the fact that my teammates appear more capable of taking out fly fish, and on the whole we all seem to take them down faster, it hasn't had a meaningful effect on my success rate. In Profresh 100, it seems like everyone has gotten better at normal waves and high tide, but much worse at goldie seeking and grillers.
Grillers and goldie hide ‘n seek are always dice throw waves when playing randoms imo.
No mather my previous teams performance (if i got the chance to witnes any), we either win with some breathing room or lose horribly.
Or rarely, narrowly win usually thanks to last ditch special use (or spam).
Just try to as helpfull as possible and most importantly use specials if possible when things get tough.
Don’t forget your prayer to the squid god or grizco too.

Although waves are stil though, teammates do seem alot better at taking out flyfish (profresh 300).
Stingers though, not so much.
On high tide in spawning grounds, 3 of them appeared in one of the ‘islands’ along with a small army of mooks, but my teammtes found it better to focus on that steelhead first who was pretty far away still.
Luckely i managed to defeat them quikly with the inkjet but that could have went wrong easely.
May just be my luck though (Wich is usually bad :p)

Also, do lure maws to the baskets or atleast don’t defeat them when they just spawned on the outer border of the map unless it’s high tide.
They’re like free bonus eggs most of the time.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I don't know why my teammates don't open the furthest Gushers from base before opening the nearer ones. I find it much better when common Salmonids take long to get to base.
This so much. Because it's sure gonna suck if you open up all the gushers close to base only to find out the goldie is in the further away one. Good luck clearing out all those salmons and cohoks that's more than likely going to be blocking your way to the basket and making it impossible to hit the goldie...or killing you.

Another problem I've been having a lot with the grillers/goldie waves (more than before) is I always get that one person who instead of staying close to the basket when they're targeted, they run all the way to the other side of the map. Where me, and the other two teammates are near the basket telling them "This Way!", only for them to ignore us and either "This way!" to us...or get splatted. At least 20-30 seconds is wasted this way and we usually lose because of it. Like...why?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Another problem I've been having a lot with the grillers/goldie waves (more than before) is I always get that one person who instead of staying close to the basket when they're targeted, they run all the way to the other side of the map. Where me, and the other two teammates are near the basket telling them "This Way!", only for them to ignore us and either "This way!" to us...or get splatted. At least 20-30 seconds is wasted this way and we usually lose because of it. Like...why?
Oh, so much this. I look around and there are just no salmonids to be seen. I hear combat but don't see anything. Then a teammate dies on the far side of the map and the rest of us, who of course had spread out looking for the loner, can't support each other and get picked off while the idiot who ran off spends the rest of the time limping back to the basket.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Since we’re talking about goldie hide ‘n seek.
Also try to stick together always so you can directly throw yourself on the goldie once she appears.
Nothing more annoying then a loner popping the goldie while the rest of the team is on the other end of the map.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Goldie Seeking is heavily RNG-based, especially at higher difficulties. Goldie Seeking is the only wave type where the amount of potential eggs you can get won't scale with the difficulty, yet at the same time geysers will start spewing mobs like no tomorrow. I'm not kidding that the wave is already lost when Goldie decides to spawn twice or more at the far corners of the map.

I always take the geysers closest to basket, simply because that's the most ideal place for it to be and if you get it first try, well that's excellent luck right there. I usually then take the one a little bit further ahead to get a more clear bearing on where goldie is on the map, depending on luck. If you unlucky enough to have to open 4+ geysers you might as well get it done and over with and have Goldie respawn because you can't focus on him long enough when the entire map gets filled up with mobs.

If it spawns at the outer fringes of the map Goldie's presence is kind of useless. The eggs take far too long to ferry off, especially because this is the only wave where you have to egg guard so you only have 3 people for transport. The most ideal thing to happen here is that goldie travels close to basket where you can get a few easy eggs, but again it's all about luck where goldie goes to.
You can argue that it's far more harmful to have a bunch of open geysers spawn endless mobs near basket, but having to search from the outskirts first and then to center takes a ton of time too. It all depends on luck on which strategy works out for you.

I've been saying the word luck a lot, and that's because this mode is all about luck. It's no exaggeration that frequently when we meet quota we just stop opening geysers because we can risk a wipe, and because this wave is just not very fun to play.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
This current rotation of weapons is lackluster to say the least; then the RNG class has the nerve to pull up a Glowfly round, smh.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
My main issue is always getting the Dynamo when there's stingers everywhere. Other than that I have nothing to complain about. Got two good weapons for restless waves as long as they fall into the right hands. So eh, I'm okay towards this rotation.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Starting to become a staunch supporter of the Dynamo. I think it just fun. It does great work in some situations and not so much in others. A lot of it does depend on your co-workers.

Cephalobro

I like the Dynamo for the Glowfly rounds, it is also very useful in getting rid of pesky Cohocks that keep getting in the way of everyone else.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
After the set got my to profresh 400, I'm loving this set.
It's hard to use but if everyone does their supposed job, it wrecks.
Splatoon was nice enough to bless my with good teammates for once.
We even won 3 out of 4 griller waves.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Oh my God that one was the worst. Dynamo, Bamboozler, Squiffer... if the one with the Brella doesn't go after every one of the Stingers there's almost nothing you can do about them. I've never ranked down that hard, that fast. Goldie seeking was fun, but everything else was just murder. Didn't help that no one knew what to do about high tide in Smokeyard.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Wish Mr.Grizz would put a link to this thread in his employee handbook.

Decent load outs this weekend I think. Almost seems like we get a brella weapon every shift lately.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
I don't mind. I actually really like the brella in salmon run. But I guess it's also true that only the really slow or ink hungry weapons really bother me.

That bamboozler-squiffer round set me so far back. I should've just skipped it.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I actually didn't mind the Dynamo/Squiffer/Bamboozler/whateverotherweapon set. Things had gone smoothly for me. Shockingly because I hate using all 3 of those weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom