• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Grizzco Break Room

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
The mention of the wall "trick" in Lost Outpost beings up a question. What's the general opinion of it? I see some runs where if someone tries it, everyone else on the team will spam "This way!" until he/she gets off of the wall. I think it makes Glowfly rushes a little less stressful, since you have more time to refill your ink. For Grillers, I prefer to use the step outside of the building.
I haven't seen it/tried it on Grillers yet, but I hate it for Glowfly. It takes the squid doing it completely out of the equation, when they could be safely camping out on the high platform and adding to the carnage. And it only keeps you safe for a few seconds before they start climbing the walls. If even one squid gets splatted, it goes down to two active players, and that's nearly a death sentence unless one has a good special to save the day. I very rarely lose at Glowflies when everyone sticks to/near the platform like they're supposed to, and I usually lose when someone tries climbing the walls or goes off exploring.
Mr Grizz sent you out with a Dynamo Roller because he wanted you to die.
I actually adore the Dynamo in many modes. It makes mincemeat of Cohocks in Mothership rounds, can make up for lazy gunners in Cannons, and turns the Goldie into a pinata (seriously, lay the Dynamo delicately on its head and barely inch forward and you get a dozen eggs in a second).

An all-blaster loadout is dropping for the next run. What do you think?
I did quite well. The Rapid Blaster is great for Salmon Run, with its range and ability to ink long straight lines in an instant. The Luna and Clash, with the recent coverage buff to the Clash, were solid contributors and chowed through Glowflies like candy. The regular Blaster... eh, it's OK. That one I'd happily swap out. It's not a good set for Steelheads and not great at Mothership, but otherwise I was very happy with it.

I honestly don't think the Glowflies round would even be possible with a load-out of only chargers...! Maybe if everyone used their specials wisely, but I'm not sure. D:
If they're well-coordinated, I think it's possible. 4 Squiffers would handle it just fine if they aim straight down the advancing line and take turns, like musketeers. Wouldn't be the easiest, and could fall apart quickly if they mess up, but I think it's possible.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I haven't seen it/tried it on Grillers yet, but I hate it for Glowfly. It takes the squid doing it completely out of the equation, when they could be safely camping out on the high platform and adding to the carnage. And it only keeps you safe for a few seconds before they start climbing the walls. If even one squid gets splatted, it goes down to two active players, and that's nearly a death sentence unless one has a good special to save the day. I very rarely lose at Glowflies when everyone sticks to/near the platform like they're supposed to, and I usually lose when someone tries climbing the walls or goes off exploring.
It's most useful on Lost Outpost. The enemy can come from three directions, sometimes simultaneously, and the stage layout allows few fallback points even when it isn't high tide. Having the glowfly target climb the pillar behind the basket keeps the swarm from dispersing or attacking from unexpected directions. You can still get overwhelmed, but it's less likely in that particular scenario if the salmonids all congregate on that pillar. That stage is the only time I'll recommend this tactic.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
See, I think it's worst on Lost Outpost, mostly because that's the one where it's an "obvious" tactic so everyone tries it. Just plain standing on the platform behind the basket is safe if everyone else is helping kill things, since there's only one path up there, and then you get to help too. If for some reason you get isolated somewhere else, it's not the worst move, but if you're already in the back there, I disagree with it every time.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ack! Sorry about that everyone. That totally changes the tone of my post. Ahem!

Splatfest on Friday/Saturday, and random Salmon Run all day Sunday? This is going to be an awesome weekend!
Yeah! HOPE YOU LIKE EATING FISH :D

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Will not be around much this weekend....

What do you guys think about making up our own achievement section? I could add it in spoiler tags in the OP. We could up load screen shots here for proof.

Let me know if anyone is into it and if we get enough interest we can kick around a few ideas to get the ball rolling.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Sounds like a cool idea, calamaro! I'm totally game for it. :3

In other news, the next Salmon Run has got random weapons again, don't miss it! It starts in 15½ hours. ^.^

iced potato

Senior Squid
Even with the random weapons now and then, Salmon Run for me is feeling rather stale. I wish we could get a few more stages for it and different events happening.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Even with the random weapons now and then, Salmon Run for me is feeling rather stale. I wish we could get a few more stages for it and different events happening.
Oh no. =( I tend to enjoy repetitive stuff, so Salmon Run is perfect for me... Repetitive and fun. x) But I understand where you're coming from. Maybe they should add a new boss/enemy or two? Maybe add some features so that we can see everybody's Profreshional level, for example. I always wanted to see that.
And maybe, that your pts. went up quicker if you consistently were the more efficient player in the team. :3

Last edited:

iced potato

Senior Squid
Oh no. =( I tend to enjoy repetitive stuff, so Salmon Run is perfect for me... Repetitive and fun. x) But I understand where you're coming from. Maybe they should add a new boss/enemy or two? Maybe add some features so that we can see everybody's Profreshional level, for example. I always wanted to see that.
And maybe, that your pts. went up quicker if you consistently were the more efficient player in the team. :3
Yes, that sounds perfect. I wouldn't want Salmon Run to change too much, I don't like huge drastic changes to things I enjoy. I'd like it to stay as it is, but it's kinda due for some changes to keep it feeling fresh and not so stale.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Yes, that sounds perfect. I wouldn't want Salmon Run to change too much, I don't like huge drastic changes to things I enjoy. I'd like it to stay as it is, but it's kinda due for some changes to keep it feeling fresh and not so stale.
I understand you fully. I honestly don't think even the Splatoon developers understood how popular Salmon Run would get, and that's why it's a little lacking/simple in some respects. But I have a hunch they will improve the experience soon, so that SR will have a little more depth to it. :) They have listened to the fans before. :3

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Guess there's some merit to Nintendo making Salmon Run availability limited then, as without that I think a lot more people would feel it's losing it's luster. I used to play for multiple hours each session I could make, but now I just play until I get all the per session rewards. That's probably helped keep the mode fresh for me. I believe they said they were making new bosses, and we know for sure there'll be another map based on the datamine.

Raxel920

Full Squid
Will not be around much this weekend....

What do you guys think about making up our own achievement section? I could add it in spoiler tags in the OP. We could up load screen shots here for proof.

Let me know if anyone is into it and if we get enough interest we can kick around a few ideas to get the ball rolling.
Yeah, that sounds cool!

Raxel920

Full Squid
Looks like our prayers for another Grizzco weapon have been answered! The Grizzco Brella is a rapid fire Brella that you don't need to tap ZR for. Unfortunately that means you can't open it, but it's still pretty cool.

EDIT: I'm not getting the Grizz Blaster anymore, and I actually think it's removed. Will they rotate Grizzco weapons, or make new ones every time?

Last edited:

MarkuChan

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8198-8262-6218
If the Grizzco Brella can't open up, then whats the point of it being a Bella?

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Grizzco Brella is awesome! Is it just me, or is it much harder to get than the Grizzco Blaster was?

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Grizzco Brella is awesome! Is it just me, or is it much harder to get than the Grizzco Blaster was?
I think you were just being unlucky! I get it all the time, and I'm certainly not complaining. ;D I will upload a pic of me and two others in the same team wielding a Grizzco Brella later. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom