• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I definitely don't like people who swim up the wall. With Grillers it's not so bad (it's worse when people do it in Glowflies), but you're essentially removing yourself from the battlefield. There are ways to get the Griller in a good position without being virtually afk.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Don't forget that bloody smallfries. They are forcing you to defend yourself instead of attack Grillers.

EDIT: Dunno if double posting is allowed even it's two days apart...
I wonder how close it is, compared to my previous video.
I don't have fancy video editing sorfware to compare them.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
That last shift (Luna, Brush, Jet, Rapid Pro) was the worst ever by far! Lost so many times trying to get 1200pts and fell below 400. Was I the only one suffering?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
That last shift (Luna, Brush, Jet, Rapid Pro) was the worst ever by far! Lost so many times trying to get 1200pts and fell below 400. Was I the only one suffering?
I didn't even bother. I knew that run would've been bad. the weapons on their own aren't bad, but inkbrush just sucks at killing and jet and rapid pro are better paired with other powerhouses.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Nah, I was suffering pretty hard. I dreaded getting the inkbrush. Reasons being it's a killer on my wrist and far too weak. I literally spent most of my time running around the map reviving and taking out most non bosses. Like come on, how am I suppose to reach a Steelhead if it's literally usually above me and cohoks are usually always blocking my way?

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Ugh, this shift today is worst ever. So many losses. My rank was 400 and it almost dropped below 300.
My bad moment is glowfly round on wave 1, we lost badly because no-one listened my 'This Way!' call... they just went everywhere, not even on that platform I was on. Maybe I have already mentioned somewhere in this thread or Saltest Catch thread... I'm pretty sure this moment is worse than old one. Well done.

Cephalobro

I don't know what's with teammates taking too long to get to the ideal spot during Glowfly waves. I keep using this way so that they can get to the spot before they get splatted.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I saw that loadout and bailed, even though I really wanted to play. The Inkbrush is just awful at anything but cannons, the Jet Squelcher is the weakest shooter and the range isn't usually helpful, the Luna Blaster has too little range and too much ink, and the Rapid Pro is too slow to be useful. There are worse compositions. but not many.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have a question about that. Why is it that whenever there's enough eggs on the ground to win, people ignore them and continue killing grillers? Shoting to stun, I get, cuz then you can deposit the eggs without them chasing you and win. But...why continue to try and kill them (more than likely stopping them while they're above or blocking eggs) and prevent others from getting said eggs?

I think due to the deadliness of the Griller is why. First instinct it to remove the threat. People tend to forget the goal when ink hits the fan.
The Goldie seeking round suffers from the same 'shoot first ask questions later' mentality I think.

Im a glutton for punishment so I did a few shifts with the luna and inkbrush. All I can say is we need to go to the equipment storage locker and gather all the inkbrushes and chuck`em into the Piranha Pit and hope they sink to the bottom and rot.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Am I the only person who actually doesn't mind having an Inkbrush in the rotation? It paints pretty well and can get rid of local Smallfries decently, plus it tears across the stage, even on grates, to save teammates and gather eggs. The Octobrush, on the other hand...

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I wonder if that Steelhead is on other pier in co-workers' screen. Am I really swing at nothing but air?
You probably are; in your video the Hydra on the other pier is shooting at nothing to you. The game might've decided where the eggs would end up based on which player dealt the finishing hit.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Speaking of the Hydra. High tide with that at the Lost Outpost is not fun I think.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I suspect it's a close cousin to the error that causes Maws to not attack on your screen, yet somehow explodes instantly because someone threw a bomb at it.
One time on Lost Outpost me and my team were shooting at a steelhead. I missed most of my shots so we didn't damage it much, but we got the bomb on its head to explode…but it still threw the bomb. It dropped eggs like normal and the bomb did exist, so I had no idea what happened. I have a video, but I don't know how to get it off the switch.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
One time on Lost Outpost me and my team were shooting at a steelhead. I missed most of my shots so we didn't damage it much, but we got the bomb on its head to explode…but it still threw the bomb. It dropped eggs like normal and the bomb did exist, so I had no idea what happened. I have a video, but I don't know how to get it off the switch.
It's either: upload video to Facebook/Twitter or save it in SD card then upload it in your computer.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
That happens surprisingly often; I suspect that this occurs when the final damage is dealt in the same frame as the bomb's launch from its head.

And as @Absolutely Absol mentioned, you either upload the video directly or you use an SD card; I find most users prefer uploading to Twitter.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
It's either: upload video to Facebook/Twitter or save it in SD card then upload it in your computer.
I suspected that was the way, but I don't want to fill my twitter with videos. I guess I'll just have to make a new account specifically for this.

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
Yesterday's Salmon Run matches were weird, my results were fluctuating like crazy. I had rounds in which my team wiped in wave 1 without getting a single golden egg, and other times we were exceeding the quota by a lot.

My favourite match was the one in which I was the last squid standing in the last 10 seconds of wave 2 and wave 3. My teammates were calling for help, but I decided that running away was the best course of action since the quota was already met. Most stressful situation I've had in the mode so far, I'd say.

Oh, and Salmonid Smokeyard + High Tide + 2 Grillers = bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom