• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I had a game earlier where all 4 of us had the Grizzco Brella. :)
That's way cooler -- jackpot! I hope you took a picture of it. ;3 It's fun to see the people using the Grizzco Brellas just shoot in circles, creating a sprinkler effect and then shouting "Booyah!". c: The Inklings in general seem to be in a much better mood than usual when we get random weapons in our Salmon Runs. b(^.^)

iced potato

Senior Squid
That's way cooler -- jackpot! I hope you took a picture of it. ;3 It's fun to see the people using the Grizzco Brellas just shoot in circles, creating a sprinkler effect and then shouting "Booyah!". c: The Inklings in general seem to be in a much better mood than usual when we get random weapons in our Salmon Runs. b(^.^)
I wish I took a screenshot of it because it was so much fun with 0 deaths. It's all fun and games getting random weapons until Mr. Grizz supplies you with the Goo Tuber or the Dynamo Roller which IMO are the worst weapons to use in Salmon Run... at least for me they are. I was given the Goo Tuber more than any weapon. I think I had it about 8 times and posted some screenshots of it in the salt thread.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Were the Goo Tuber's buffs not added to Salmon Run? I figured with E-Liter's damage and a better charge time, it'd actually be pretty good. One-shotting Cohocks, Steel Eels, Scrappers, and taking out Drizzlers in one go.

I'm curious about the Bamboozler and Tenta Brella. Has anyone gotten either of these? I'm curious at how good they are in Salmon Run.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Grizzco Brella is pretty different than the Grizzco Blaster, rather than having an excellent damage output it instead has amazing inking potential and no walking speed reduction while firing it, allowing you to paint the entire map in a flash. But unlike the Blaster counterpart it's damage output is just allright, some of the shorter-ranged weapons outdo it easily when it comes to mob control.

If only they did something with the shield...

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I looooooooooooooooooooooooooved the Grizzco Brella. I was getting a tad frustrated last night because for a long time, it wasn't giving me the brella at all. In my first 1300 points, I got it for one round. But then, the game played nice and decided to give it to me a bunch of times towards the end.

If I complain enough Splatoon will do what I want it seems...

Channeling Splatoon 2....give the Inkjet hit markers so we can know we are actually getting indirect hits on enemies.

iced potato

Senior Squid
Were the Goo Tuber's buffs not added to Salmon Run? I figured with E-Liter's damage and a better charge time, it'd actually be pretty good. One-shotting Cohocks, Steel Eels, Scrappers, and taking out Drizzlers in one go.

I'm curious about the Bamboozler and Tenta Brella. Has anyone gotten either of these? I'm curious at how good they are in Salmon Run.
I've gotten the Goo Tuber heaps, maybe 9 times? and unless I am doing something wrong, it still feels the same to me. The E-liter and Splat Charger just feel so much better to use in Salmon Run.

I don't know or think the Bamboozler and Tenta Brella have been added... or maybe they have? Because they're pretty much the only weapons I haven't gotten nor have I seen any teammates get them.

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
I wish I took a screenshot of it because it was so much fun with 0 deaths. It's all fun and games getting random weapons until Mr. Grizz supplies you with the Goo Tuber or the Dynamo Roller which IMO are the worst weapons to use in Salmon Run... at least for me they are. I was given the Goo Tuber more than any weapon. I think I had it about 8 times and posted some screenshots of it in the salt thread.
I actually think the dynamo roller is the best on the glowflies wave. i got it once and i felt so OP cuz i was literally wiping everything out myself. id just roll down the walkway as they all came charging and then grab an egg as i swam back to the basket and then repeat and repeat and as long as my team mates didnt stray far then they could just pick off strays and collect eggs

iced potato

Senior Squid
Yeah. The Dynamo Roller isn't all bad, it's just hard to use well in Salmon Run with how slow and ink hungry it is.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I actually think the dynamo roller is the best on the glowflies wave. i got it once and i felt so OP cuz i was literally wiping everything out myself. id just roll down the walkway as they all came charging and then grab an egg as i swam back to the basket and then repeat and repeat and as long as my team mates didnt stray far then they could just pick off strays and collect eggs
It's also pretty useful in the "Find the Goldie" waves as well, once you find the goldie salmon just place the Dynamo roller right in it's patch and watch it explode dropping all of its eggs when it walks into your roller.

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
havent had it yet on a goldie wave but good to know when i do :) would also be useful on that wave just to clear up all the extra enemies popping out from trying to find the goldie

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
havent had it yet on a goldie wave but good to know when i do :) would also be useful on that wave just to clear up all the extra enemies popping out from trying to find the goldie
As long as you remember that it's inkredibly ink-hungry! Be careful...! I don't know how many times my Dynamo went out of ink the last time I played SR. *^.^* Then again, if it weren't, it would be a quite over-powered weapon I think. :)

Edit: Case in point. ;)
From 4:44 onwards, you'll see me overestimating the Dynamo's ink tank... Oh man, it wasn't my best SR day, not by a long shot. x*D
I hope you guys, too, have these kinds of days, where you just make the silliest decisions during important moments? :oops:

Last edited:

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That Brella Mr.Grizz hooked us up with was pretty sweet. Sadly I didnt get it as much as i did the blaster last random shift.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
That Brella Mr.Grizz hooked us up with was pretty sweet. Sadly I didnt get it as much as i did the blaster last random shift.
Too bad! :/ I received it equally as often as I got the Grizzco Blaster, probably even more frequently... Which one did you enjoy using the most? I liked them both the same, but it felt a little odd to use an umbrella without the, umm... canopy that makes an umbrella an umbrella o_O;;

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Too bad! :/ I received it equally as often as I got the Grizzco Blaster, probably even more frequently... Which one did you enjoy using the most? I liked them both the same, but it felt a little odd to use an umbrella without the, umm... canopy that makes an umbrella an umbrella o_O;;
Fan of both but that blaster was a freaking tank. Love blasters but just cant git gud with`em. The Grizz blaster made feel like hawkeye.

iced potato

Senior Squid
Looks like the Tenta Brella has been added to Salmon Run now. There's an upcoming shift in a few days with it which should be interesting to see how it plays out against hoards of Salmonids.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Looks like the Tenta Brella has been added to Salmon Run now. There's an upcoming shift in a few days with it which should be interesting to see how it plays out against hoards of Salmonids.
Looking forward to it. Have not tried it out yet. Fan of the OG brella so should be good.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Strange load out this time. It was fun but if the bosses got out of control it was tough to come back.

I worked a shift with this beast named Jac. 30 eggs collected. Kudos my friend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom