1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Grizzco Break Room

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by calamaro, Sep 15, 2017.

1. ϛ(°³°)/`

ϛ(°³°)/` Inkling Commander

Aaaaand now that the Ballpoint is nerfed to hell and back, I may not even need Main Power Up anyway.

calamaro likes this.
  2. Absolutely Absol

Absolutely Absol Pro Squid

I don't think that update affect SR weapons. They have different stats (more damage and lower ink usage), IIRC.
    Too bad, we can't smuggle SR Ballpoint out of Grizzco.

Enperry likes this.
  3. BirdAndreo

BirdAndreo Senior Squid

I think nerfd on pvp also means nerf in SR... Is ballpoint affected?

4. ϛ(°³°)/`

There is a separate damage parameter for PVP and SR; case in point, an update made the fully charged Goo Tuber deal 180 damage in PVP (equal to an ELitre), but in SR it still can’t KO a Steel Eel or Scrapper.

I’ll have to keep an eye on LeanYoshi’s data mined parameter values, as the site hasn’t been updated out of 4.2.0, but my assumption is that it’s unchanged.

calamaro likes this.
  5. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

If you fail a Glowfly round in the Spawning Grounds I think its time for some much needed time off...

Nerdbird and Enperry like this.
  6. ϛ(°³°)/`

Stiiiiill waiting on those Octoling Boots and Chestpiece. I mean they’re in the game’s coding already, just release them before chucking in a bunch of other gear pieces.

For reference, at least three more clothing pieces were added to the game’s code:
    Office Attire for SR (a shirt, tie, and vest with odd brown sleeves); the Koshien Bandana, like the Paisley and Skull ones but with the classic Splatoon paint splats and an Octoling icon front and centre (swim speed); and the Octo Support Hoodie (Main Power Up)

Enperry and calamaro like this.
  7. Bloop

Bloop Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2151-0062-7941
    Man I was killing it this rotation yesterday, but today was just bad, though I guess that's just the nature of freelance.
    (shoutouts to some of my co-workers: 1) the squid that always ran off to the shore alone and died every single time while begging for help. 2) the octo that sat in an ink cannon and did not shoot anything or anyone at all. 2) the squid that used their special before the first wave even started and dc'd on the 3rd wave.)

RocketsTail and calamaro like this.
  8. Absolutely Absol

My weapon is Rapid Blaster Pro. There was Cohock Charge occurance so I went to use ink cannon at top of the ship in Marooner's Bay. Co-worker with Nautilus waited for me to exit... come on, that weapon is higher DPS than my carp weapon (is it right?) plus there're two cannons down. :rolleyes:

9. calamaro

There needs to be some sort of 'who goes where' for Cohock Charge in the Grizzco employee handbook. Its a shame how often I see the people with the effective weapons in the cannon while I`m out there fetching eggs with my scoped charger or octobrush..

10. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    At least with Octobrush you have mobility for egg collecting. But agreed, people need to learn which weapons are best on field duty and which aren't.

calamaro likes this.
  11. Corrderio

Corrderio Inkster Jr.

Well crud my left joycon bit the dust today in the middle of a Salmon Run shift. I can manage using my pro controller fine in the meantime but with Splafest around the corner this is going to get ugly.

Anyone have any tips on using the pro controller? I tried the whole "Pretend it's a driving wheel" thing and it really doesn't seem to work.

12. calamaro

I dont use the pro controller any different than the joy con set up. Whats the issues you are having?

13. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    Same. Well, my left joycon didn't completely die, but down on the left analog stick is barely functional anymore. Luckily I do have an extra pair.

It's kind of funny, it probably actually messed up a few days ago, but I just never really entirely noticed how severe it was. I guess I just don't strafe backwards often enough and when I was going backwards in multiplayer, I was using the dualies' roll which didn't need a full tilt.

I didn't even noticed while I was playing Ranked matches and still managed to win most of my matches and rank up, it wasn't till I was in the plaza that I noticed, I couldn't run backwards unless I pushed down the button.

14. Corrderio

Corrderio Inkster Jr.

For my joycons I use it more like a pointer for fine turns/aiming. For Pro the turning thing just feels awkward for me.

15. ϛ(°³°)/`

My favourite Salmon Run mentality has to be "How on earth will I ever be able to flick my roller fast enough to take out Chum during a Glowfly wave?"

Absolutely Absol and calamaro like this.
  16. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

For those who get the Explosher during Salmon Run, you don't have to use your bombs to take down the Flyfish, the Explosher can destroy the baskets for less ink usage.

calamaro and RocketsTail like this.
  17. Absolutely Absol

From previous shift on Friday.

calamaro and chubbypickle like this.
  18. RocketsTail

RocketsTail Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2874-2863-4789
    Not feeling the Beekeeper hat this month. It'd be a cool piece of gear if we had other pieces to match with it so it'd look like a full Beekeeper outfit but the hat looks tacky with regular clothes. They should've done a Valentine's Day theme piece since it's February. Something pink or red with hearts or something.

LMAO.....I'm laughing but you know one time, I accidentally shot off my inkjet before the wave even started. My teammates probably either thought I was the biggest moron or a troll. I rarely use the cannon but love a teammate who knows how to handle them.

19. BirdAndreo

BirdAndreo Senior Squid

Finally, today i've been blessed by receiving Dynamo in an high tide gusher wave... we almost got 50 eggs :D

calamaro likes this.
  20. Dewnose

Dewnose Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1493-3741-2812
    Agreed. This shift, I had basically my first completely successful Griller wave since their patch, and I can now say that 5 eggs per Griller is too much. We got 40 eggs that time.
    Not to mention I had one of my best high tide shifts yesterday, with 46 eggs in one wave. Still searching for the 100-egg run though...

calamaro likes this.