• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Grizzco Break Room

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
^lmao @ that tier list, putting all the splatlings on par or under an inkbrush (heck putting all the weapons that require some semblance of skill and patience on par / under the inkbrush...)
I don't know if I have a favorite comp specifically, maybe something similar to today's comp except replace the roller with splat dualies.
today's salty thought is, how can half my team not even collect 10 eggs after three (3) whole waves.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Out of town for a bit and come back to the ole grind at GrizzCo... What happened to all the good co-workers?

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
Agreed, it's a great rotation! Only five rounds to get both super bonuses.

Curious what everyone's ideal weapon comp would be for Salmon Run? I'd go with Splattershot, Clash Blaster, Dynamo Roller, and Heavy Splatling. Lots of damage, enough range, versatile for different events. Plus running over everything with the Dynamo is too much fun, and getting the timing down to take out Steelheads with it... so rewarding.

~A.

A little late but I think my ideal comp would be the Splat Breslau, Dullie Squelchers, Clash Blaster, and Bloblobber. They’re all really easy to use and effective for me.

Splatlings and chargers should just be removed entirely (only half serious about that)

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
A little late but I think my ideal comp would be the Splat Breslau, Dullie Squelchers, Clash Blaster, and Bloblobber. They’re all really easy to use and effective for me.

Splatlings and chargers should just be removed entirely (only half serious about that)
I would be down with scoped chargers going bye-bye.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Splatlings may not be as easy to use as the standard Rooty-Tootie Aim-and-Shooty weapons like the N-Zap, but they have some of the highest DPS in the game. The piercing shots of a fully charged charger also make them very capable if you line up enemies properly, but I’m all for what @calamaro said; scopes are more of a hindrance in SR.

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
I feel like in the right hands chargers can be great, but not a lot of people have enough experience with chargers or the right motion settings for them (myself included). I think people should just try to practice a lil with chargers to get a feel of how to use them well when they come around in rotation. I agree with @calamaro that scopes should be gone though

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
I wonder if they'll ever buff certain weapons for SR, I think they have different stats than in multi / single player mode (like goo tuber 2HKOing bosses at full charge instead of OHKO at 67% charge).
I would love if they buffed weapons like the brushes and E-Liter / scopes so that they're more suitable for hordes. Imagine E-liter with Splatoon 1 range and the charge speed of a vanilla charger. Alas.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I wonder if they'll ever buff certain weapons for SR, I think they have different stats than in multi / single player mode (like goo tuber 2HKOing bosses at full charge instead of OHKO at 67% charge).
I would love if they buffed weapons like the brushes and E-Liter / scopes so that they're more suitable for hordes. Imagine E-liter with Splatoon 1 range and the charge speed of a vanilla charger. Alas.
All weapons already do have different damage values. But unless you're an E-liter, all the Chargers typically don't 1HKO most bosses. E-Liter's full charge does 600 damage, all the others do 300 at max. Chargers already do have piercing to help out against hordes.

The E-liter is already basically the best charger for Salmon Run for the above fact, it 1HKOs all normal bosses, something the other chargers can't do. It does so much damage it is a guaranteed stun against a Griller.
Well, Squiffer might still be better for mobility reasons.

Last edited:

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
Hey... quick question. Anyone know the rare weapon for one of the recent shifts, March 23 4:00AM - March 25 6:00AM, ET? It was on Ruins of Ark Polaris with Sloshing Machine, Splattershot, Splattershot Pro, and random. Can't find any info on what the rare (Grizzco) weapon for that shift was.

awedry

Full Squid
Hey... quick question. Anyone know the rare weapon for one of the recent shifts, March 23 4:00AM - March 25 6:00AM, ET? It was on Ruins of Ark Polaris with Sloshing Machine, Splattershot, Splattershot Pro, and random. Can't find any info on what the rare (Grizzco) weapon for that shift was.
It was the Grizzco Blaster.
This link has a lot of helpful historical Salmon Run info:
https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Salmon_Run_data
Also:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vZYrMfLF89f96jMNBnxQBPv6Vgt0JUnUNY9FZroRZWg

~A.

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
I agree with hydras being good for damage but the only thing I can think of that would need that much damage is the mothership.

There are a lot of weapons that shoot as soon as you press he shoot button that can also 1 cycle everything isn’t there?

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
On a superficial note...finally got a proper hat to go with the Sailor top. Thanks Grizzco! :D

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I don’t know what’s a bigger April Fools joke, this rotation or my teammates. I have so many clips of people killing things at the docks and leaving us to miss the quota by 1. Like why?

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don’t know what’s a bigger April Fools joke, this rotation or my teammates. I have so many clips of people killing things at the docks and leaving us to miss the quota by 1. Like why?
This.

I get we have some sub-par weapons but when you get 2 in a load-out (looking at you slosher and squeezer) it is not fun.

Not sure why people have to attack Scrappers and Goldies on the shore line. Don`t know how many Goldie seeking rounds are failed due to people shooting the hell out of the Goldie 3 miles from the basket.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
This.

I get we have some sub-par weapons but when you get 2 in a load-out (looking at you slosher and squeezer) it is not fun.

Not sure why people have to attack Scrappers and Goldies on the shore line. Don`t know how many Goldie seeking rounds are failed due to people shooting the hell out of the Goldie 3 miles from the basket.
Wait, people think the Slosher is bad? It ain't amazing in the damage output department but it certainly does wonders for clearing smaller stuff out and is one of the easier weapons to deal with certain bosses.

Squeezer certainly is a case of people not taking advantage of what the weapon actually has to offer. As in being able to play it like a Splattershot Pro when necessary for the range.

As for Goldie Seekie, you get what you can get. You're very unlikely to actually kill the larger Goldies, especially with this load out, might as well get as many eggs on the field as you can. Unlike normal bosses, Goldies aren't gonna be on the field the entire time, don't squander the opportunity. Any moment you aren't shooting at the Goldie is a potential egg you failed to even make appear.

MoreIce

Inkling
NNID
MoreIce
Switch Friend Code
SW-1639-5168-0110
I miss the grizzco weapons. I was really hoping for another boss salmonid or two to be revealed.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Wait, people think the Slosher is bad? It ain't amazing in the damage output department but it certainly does wonders for clearing smaller stuff out and is one of the easier weapons to deal with certain bosses.
I usually don’t consider a weapon’s value based on its ease of use; typically easy weapons have lower payoffs or glaring weaknesses, and if people can’t use harder weapons like the Ballpoint or ELitre then I consider it a case of human error and thus bad teammates. Honestly anyone can use any weapon in Salmon Run pretty easily with minimal practice; the AI on Salmonids is pretty much just “Move and hit them if they’re close.” Things don’t exploit every gap in your defences like you’ll find in PvP.

In my eyes, the Slosher takes the place as the weakest bucket for Salmon Run - I don’t think there’s anything it does that the Tri-Slosher doesn’t do better. The mobility is crap, its rate of fire heavily limits its DPS and painting potential, and really its only saving grace is the fact that the sloshes will hit multiple enemies until it encounters something it didn’t KO (Which the tri also does). Unfortunately this makes Cohocks and bosses a hard counter to the Slosher, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom