1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Grizzco Break Room

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by calamaro, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Bloop

Bloop Full Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2151-0062-7941
    ^lmao @ that tier list, putting all the splatlings on par or under an inkbrush (heck putting all the weapons that require some semblance of skill and patience on par / under the inkbrush...)
    I don't know if I have a favorite comp specifically, maybe something similar to today's comp except replace the roller with splat dualies.
    today's salty thought is, how can half my team not even collect 10 eggs after three (3) whole waves.

calamaro likes this.
  2. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

Out of town for a bit and come back to the ole grind at GrizzCo... What happened to all the good co-workers?

3. Dewnose

Dewnose Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1493-3741-2812
    You mean, back in 2017 when the humans showed up?

4. Sheikashii

Sheikashii Senior Squid

NNID:
    OreoCookieJAF

A little late but I think my ideal comp would be the Splat Breslau, Dullie Squelchers, Clash Blaster, and Bloblobber. They’re all really easy to use and effective for me.

Splatlings and chargers should just be removed entirely (only half serious about that)

5. calamaro

I would be down with scoped chargers going bye-bye.

ϛ(°³°)/` likes this.
  6. BirdAndreo

BirdAndreo Senior Squid

Clash blaster damage is too low. It gets totally outclassed by standard blaster and luna

calamaro and ϛ(°³°)/` like this.
  7. ϛ(°³°)/`

ϛ(°³°)/` Inkling Commander

Splatlings may not be as easy to use as the standard Rooty-Tootie Aim-and-Shooty weapons like the N-Zap, but they have some of the highest DPS in the game. The piercing shots of a fully charged charger also make them very capable if you line up enemies properly, but I’m all for what @calamaro said; scopes are more of a hindrance in SR.

calamaro likes this.
  8. Sabrina LeCutie

Sabrina LeCutie Inkling

If you ask me, chargers are completely useless.

9. radio-fashion

radio-fashion Full Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3797-5332-9696
    I feel like in the right hands chargers can be great, but not a lot of people have enough experience with chargers or the right motion settings for them (myself included). I think people should just try to practice a lil with chargers to get a feel of how to use them well when they come around in rotation. I agree with @calamaro that scopes should be gone though

calamaro likes this.
  10. Bloop

Bloop Full Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2151-0062-7941
    I wonder if they'll ever buff certain weapons for SR, I think they have different stats than in multi / single player mode (like goo tuber 2HKOing bosses at full charge instead of OHKO at 67% charge).
    I would love if they buffed weapons like the brushes and E-Liter / scopes so that they're more suitable for hordes. Imagine E-liter with Splatoon 1 range and the charge speed of a vanilla charger. Alas.

calamaro likes this.
  11. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    All weapons already do have different damage values. But unless you're an E-liter, all the Chargers typically don't 1HKO most bosses. E-Liter's full charge does 600 damage, all the others do 300 at max. Chargers already do have piercing to help out against hordes.

The E-liter is already basically the best charger for Salmon Run for the above fact, it 1HKOs all normal bosses, something the other chargers can't do. It does so much damage it is a guaranteed stun against a Griller.
    Well, Squiffer might still be better for mobility reasons.

#1391 Gameboy224, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  12. Magitroopa

Magitroopa Full Squid

NNID:
    Magitroopa
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6452-9209-2706
    Hey... quick question. Anyone know the rare weapon for one of the recent shifts, March 23 4:00AM - March 25 6:00AM, ET? It was on Ruins of Ark Polaris with Sloshing Machine, Splattershot, Splattershot Pro, and random. Can't find any info on what the rare (Grizzco) weapon for that shift was.

13. awedry

awedry Full Squid

It was the Grizzco Blaster.
    This link has a lot of helpful historical Salmon Run info:
    https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Salmon_Run_data
    Also:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vZYrMfLF89f96jMNBnxQBPv6Vgt0JUnUNY9FZroRZWg

~A.

14. Sheikashii

Sheikashii Senior Squid

NNID:
    OreoCookieJAF
    I agree with hydras being good for damage but the only thing I can think of that would need that much damage is the mothership.

There are a lot of weapons that shoot as soon as you press he shoot button that can also 1 cycle everything isn’t there?

15. RocketsTail

RocketsTail Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2874-2863-4789
    On a superficial note...finally got a proper hat to go with the Sailor top. Thanks Grizzco! :D

16. ϛ(°³°)/`

I don’t know what’s a bigger April Fools joke, this rotation or my teammates. I have so many clips of people killing things at the docks and leaving us to miss the quota by 1. Like why?

calamaro likes this.
  17. calamaro

This.

I get we have some sub-par weapons but when you get 2 in a load-out (looking at you slosher and squeezer) it is not fun.

Not sure why people have to attack Scrappers and Goldies on the shore line. Don`t know how many Goldie seeking rounds are failed due to people shooting the hell out of the Goldie 3 miles from the basket.

18. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    Wait, people think the Slosher is bad? It ain't amazing in the damage output department but it certainly does wonders for clearing smaller stuff out and is one of the easier weapons to deal with certain bosses.

Squeezer certainly is a case of people not taking advantage of what the weapon actually has to offer. As in being able to play it like a Splattershot Pro when necessary for the range.

As for Goldie Seekie, you get what you can get. You're very unlikely to actually kill the larger Goldies, especially with this load out, might as well get as many eggs on the field as you can. Unlike normal bosses, Goldies aren't gonna be on the field the entire time, don't squander the opportunity. Any moment you aren't shooting at the Goldie is a potential egg you failed to even make appear.

19. MoreIce

MoreIce Inkling

NNID:
    MoreIce
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1639-5168-0110
    I miss the grizzco weapons. I was really hoping for another boss salmonid or two to be revealed.

calamaro likes this.
  20. ϛ(°³°)/`

I usually don’t consider a weapon’s value based on its ease of use; typically easy weapons have lower payoffs or glaring weaknesses, and if people can’t use harder weapons like the Ballpoint or ELitre then I consider it a case of human error and thus bad teammates. Honestly anyone can use any weapon in Salmon Run pretty easily with minimal practice; the AI on Salmonids is pretty much just “Move and hit them if they’re close.” Things don’t exploit every gap in your defences like you’ll find in PvP.

In my eyes, the Slosher takes the place as the weakest bucket for Salmon Run - I don’t think there’s anything it does that the Tri-Slosher doesn’t do better. The mobility is crap, its rate of fire heavily limits its DPS and painting potential, and really its only saving grace is the fact that the sloshes will hit multiple enemies until it encounters something it didn’t KO (Which the tri also does). Unfortunately this makes Cohocks and bosses a hard counter to the Slosher, really.