1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Grizzco Break Room

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by calamaro, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    All I can say is aim above stuff. The entire gimmick of the slosher is its hits everything underneath the wave of ink you fire. Cohocks may stop shots if you fire directly at them, but they don't if you fire above them. That's key.
    Given, Slosher isn't the best Salmon Run weapon out there, heck the entire class is definitely isn't breaking boundaries, but it ain't bad. It has versatility and mob control to its belt, but does suffer in the pure DPS department against stuff that requires sustained damage. But I can't see how Sloshing Machine is much better, that thing can't pierce at all unless you intentionally graze stuff.
    I'm also a person that believes that people should know their range in Salmon Run. Slosher being one of those mid-long tier ranged weapons.

2. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

I main the Slosher in TC and dwell in X rank with it. I just dont think it works well overall in SR. There are quite a few more weapons I would like to have when I am backed in a corner.

Enperry likes this.
  3. Gameboy224

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    For sure in that regards. It is most definitely not a panic weapon.

calamaro likes this.
  4. calamaro

Rolling over Scrappers with the Dynamo is so fun.

5. Corrderio

Corrderio Inkster Jr.

Oh man what I wouldn't give to see E-Liter removed from Salmon Run.

Enperry likes this.
  6. calamaro

The Liter is ok I think. Ye ole high risk high reward at its finest. If your team sucks its pretty worthless. I would not shed one tear if it got removed but I can think of a few more before that to remove first.

7. Corrderio

Corrderio Inkster Jr.

I just feel like they're completely overkill. The distance and longer charge time just aren't worth it when playing with randoms.

Anyway for this shift any advice with splatbrellas? I am absolutely horrible with them.

8. calamaro

Double Brella load out today. It was feast or famine with my shifts.

As for splatbrella use personally I just make sure I dont get cornered or put myself in compromising positions. It packs a decent punch but man is it slow AF.

9. Corrderio

Corrderio Inkster Jr.

Pretty much my problem. Good crowd clearing but horrible to use when you get ganged up on.

Still surprised I have my profreshional rank. Was not a good shift.

calamaro likes this.
  10. Gameboy224

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    Weapon loadout was middle tier. Not great, but at least minimum serviceable. Weapons with decent performance but require at least base line piloting skills. Still managed to get my routine Pro 400 to 500, had a bit of a rocky start but eventually just had a string of at least half way decent people.

Splat Brella overall is at least good, damage is at least okay and at least has average mobility. Tenta a bit less so but taking advantage of the canopy is helpful at times. H-3 was a tad hit or miss. Splat Dualies definitely helped a lot in raising the viability of this rotation.

ϛ(°³°)/` and calamaro like this.
  11. radio-fashion

radio-fashion Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3797-5332-9696
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really liking this weapon rotation. E-liter aint great of course, but the rest of the weapons work pretty well together and are easy for more casual players to use

calamaro likes this.
  12. awedry

awedry Full Squid

With the rotation that started yesterday (April 17th) - Flingza, Tri-Slosher, Pro, and 4k - was more difficult than I expected. Stingers were especially brutal with this weapon set since only the Pro could really take them down efficiently. Most crew wipes happened when they spawned in opposite corners and the Pro couldn't keep up. I couldn't recover back to 400.

Also, will randoms ever learn to bring the Maws and Scrappers to the basket on this map? A girl can dream...

~A.

calamaro likes this.
  13. calamaro

THANK YOU! I seethe when co-workers kill Maws and Scrappers on the shore line. I just dont get it. Some times ill just spam 'this way' by the basket hoping they will get the hint.... They dont.

Agreed on this load out being a little tricky to manage.

14. ϛ(°³°)/`

ϛ(°³°)/` Inkling Commander

I'm in the process of passive aggressively collecting clips of people doing this very thing. I plan on making it into a montage of my woes.

Also Goldies. It's fun when they drop 10 eggs a mile away and your teammates start spamming This Way!

BirdAndreo, vanille987 and calamaro like this.
  15. calamaro

You`re doing Gods work. :)

vanille987 likes this.
  16. BirdAndreo

BirdAndreo Senior Squid

i suppose bosses on shore line trigger a lot these people murderous istinct. I don't see any other explanation

[​IMG]

calamaro and vanille987 like this.
  17. vanille987

vanille987 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    777SAS777
    Especially true on the newest SR map. That map is hell if you don't lure some bosses to the basket.

calamaro likes this.
  18. ϛ(°³°)/`

ϛ(°³°)/` Inkling Commander

So I went back to sifting through the parameter files and trying to calculate some DPS values for my own amusement. I actually found quite a few interesting tidbits:

- In multiplayer, the Hydra gets a 25% damage boost at full charge (32->40) while in SR it gets +71% (35->60). From full charge, it has the highest DPS of all weapons at 600.0/s in multiplayer and 900.0/s in SR. Compare this to the post-dodge roll Dapples at 540.0/s and 675.0/s, and the short-range Ballpoint at 560.0/s and 700.0/s.
    - The Ballpoint did not receive a damage nerf in SR during the 4.4.0 update; all Splatling bullets deal 35.0 damage in Salmon Run except the full-charge Hydra at 60.0. I remember @Absolutely Absol had this question a while back.
    - Rollers have weird damage values in SR, with the Dynamo and Flingza getting hefty +50% boosts for vertical flicks.
    - Autofire Squeezer actually deals the lowest DPS of all shooters, including the Jet. Spamming the single shot should theoretically be a higher DPS, roughly equal to the Splattershot Pro.
    - The Explosher actually deals 75.0 damage in SR with its burst, while a direct deals 125.0; both can hit the same target sequentially, just like the 90.0 damage combo in multiplayer.
    - Slosher and Tri-slosher deal the same damage per bullet in SR.

#1418 ϛ(°³°)/`, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Bloop, SillySocks, BirdAndreo and 2 others like this.
  19. Absolutely Absol

Absolutely Absol Pro Squid

I don't remember that question... I think I said updates don't affect SR weapons...
    Hmm, autofire Squeezer's DPS is 257.1 while Jet Squelcher's 262.2. Did I do my maths right?
    That Squeezer is going to trash tier for me, then. I can't spam single shot faster. :(

For people who is interested, these stats are available in this link.

ϛ(°³°)/` and calamaro like this.
  20. BirdAndreo

BirdAndreo Senior Squid

Damn, that info about Squeezer is game changer form me. I should remember that. It's gonna be exhausting using it now lol

Anyway, i kinda miss very weird, almost troll, shift like that one with all blasters and that one with both Gals and Nozzlenose. All chargers shift please! :D

calamaro likes this.