• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I would be down for an all charger shift. I would also like to see some trollish load-outs more often. An all roller shift would be fun af i think.

Kinda of random but how would you feel about a Grizzco inspired splatfest where its a random load-out each match? For me I would start participating in them if that happened.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I don't remember that question... I think I said updates don't affect SR weapons...
Hmm, autofire Squeezer's DPS is 257.1 while Jet Squelcher's 262.2. Did I do my maths right?
That Squeezer is going to trash tier for me, then. I can't spam single shot faster. :(

For people who is interested, these stats are available in this link.
You're right, it was @BirdAndreo that asked if the update changed SR damage. My baaad.
I used the raw parameter data that LeanYoshi posted on his Github; I don't... actually know what some of the data on that Inkipedia article is trying to tell me. I DO see that there's a bunch of Boss Salmonid HP data that wasn't there before though, so I'll have fun scouring through that.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Damn, that info about Squeezer is game changer form me. I should remember that. It's gonna be exhausting using it now lol
Are you telling me people are surprised by this?

Do people not know that Squeezer's long ranged mode is essentially objectively better than its short range in just about every way. Even comparing frame data, tap shots have a 24 frame Chum kill time compared to short's 28. Short range fire is only 1 frame faster, which doesn't make up for lost damage.

Like, if you have the Squeezer, there is honestly little reason to not use its tap shots outside of painting during off time. Even then I find successive tap shots still more effective in painting paths.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Are you telling me people are surprised by this?

Do people not know that Squeezer's long ranged mode is essentially objectively better than its short range in just about every way. Even comparing frame data, tap shots have a 24 frame Chum kill time compared to short's 28. Short range fire is only 1 frame faster, which doesn't make up for lost damage.

Like, if you have the Squeezer, there is honestly little reason to not use its tap shots outside of painting during off time. Even then I find successive tap shots still more effective in painting paths.
I think I was just surprised that it was that bad. If you look at the remaining parameters, there seems to be some difference between the modes in terms of painting, but honestly I can't make heads or tails of them.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
You're right, it was @BirdAndreo that asked if the update changed SR damage. My baaad.
I used the raw parameter data that LeanYoshi posted on his Github; I don't... actually know what some of the data on that Inkipedia article is trying to tell me. I DO see that there's a bunch of Boss Salmonid HP data that wasn't there before though, so I'll have fun scouring through that.
Well, 60 frames divided by fire rate then multiply by max damage, you get DPS. For example, I'm using SR short range Ballpoint's stat so 60/3=20 then 20*35=700. 54+48 is for first and full charge respectively and, 5 is for long range.
Thanks for data but where did you find fire rate from? I've spent time trying to find it.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Well, 60 frames divided by fire rate then multiply by max damage, you get DPS. For example, I'm using SR short range Ballpoint's stat so 60/3=20 then 20*35=700. 54+48 is for first and full charge respectively and, 5 is for long range.
Thanks for data but where did you find fire rate from? I've spent time trying to find it.
It’s almost exactly what you said. I never use the numbers they provide in the shop description because they’re very arbitrary, but on the datamined parameters I linked, the fire rate is always given as the number of frames between bullets being released; the variable you’re looking for is RepeatFrame. On the Inkipedia page there were a few extra numbers and stuff that was missing, so I usually go with Lean’s data.

ALSO, speaking of data mining the next gear has been found, and I regret to announce that it’s still not the Octoleet gear.
It looks like the white Squid Research Lab lab coat, unbuttoned with the Basic Tee under it. There’s a pink badge and blue square patch on the left.

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
Is anyone else getting a LOT of goldies this rotation? I swear I'm getting at least one every three waves

awedry

Full Squid
ALSO, speaking of data mining the next gear has been found, and I regret to announce that it’s still not the Octoleet gear.
It looks like the white Squid Research Lab lab coat, unbuttoned with the Basic Tee under it. There’s a pink badge and blue square patch on the left.
I've been waiting for those Octoleet Boots forever! Maybe June...

~A.

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
Does anyone have tips for the grizzco slosher? It always seems less powerful then it should be to me, at least compared to the other grizzco weapons

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Does anyone have tips for the grizzco slosher? It always seems less powerful then it should be to me, at least compared to the other grizzco weapons
You get 4 shots and your ink tank takes a long time before it’ll even start recharging, so always be mindful of how many times you have left. Your shots pierce, meaning they go through enemies even if they don’t splat them. You can take out Flyfish by hitting them once in the centre of their ship. You can actually fire fairly rapidly, meaning you can have multiple shots all torpedoing through a swarm of enemies.

Generally the ink management aspect is the most important consideration.

awedry

Full Squid
How did the all Grizzco rotation go for everyone this past weekend? I managed to get to Profreshional 900 in freelance, a personal best, but I couldn't quite make it to 999 with the time I had. Someday...

~A.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Loved the random load-out. Not a fan of that stage though. Had a lot of low tide shifts.

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
Man, i felt so powerful that grizzco weapons only shift! It was so much fun!!

I'm a big fan of this rotation too, I love when most/all weapons have some range to them

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
How did the all Grizzco rotation go for everyone this past weekend? I managed to get to Profreshional 900 in freelance, a personal best, but I couldn't quite make it to 999 with the time I had. Someday...

~A.
I’ll give the Grizzco shifts credit for being pretty fun and low stress, even at max hazard levels, but I tend to enjoy random ALL weapon shifts more. I think it’s a combination of the larger weapon pool and the ability to practice with things I’d never have the chutzpah to take into S+/X rank games. Also, you know that the entire team’s comp will be random, and this situation is similar to what you’ll encounter in ranked modes all the time.

One more thing: because it’s so easy with four Grizzco weapons, even lower-skill players will be able to climb the ranks to Profreshional. This probably doesn’t sound like a problem, until you play the next shift and there’s a huge influx of players doing stupid things like shooting on sight instead of being smart about tackling bosses. I’m getting real tired of people hitting Scrappers and aiming their backs to a wall or AWAY from teammates.

I’m convinced the charger is the best. It can’t take out all Stinger segments in one go, but it pierces through unarmoured enemies as any other charger, it’s spammable unlike the Slosher, and it has absurd range and painting ability. They’re all ridiculously overpowered though, it’s pretty fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom