1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Grizzco Break Room

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by calamaro, Sep 15, 2017.

1. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

I would be down for an all charger shift. I would also like to see some trollish load-outs more often. An all roller shift would be fun af i think.

Kinda of random but how would you feel about a Grizzco inspired splatfest where its a random load-out each match? For me I would start participating in them if that happened.

Bloop and ϛ(°³°)/` like this.
  2. ϛ(°³°)/`

ϛ(°³°)/` Inkling Commander

You're right, it was @BirdAndreo that asked if the update changed SR damage. My baaad.
    I used the raw parameter data that LeanYoshi posted on his Github; I don't... actually know what some of the data on that Inkipedia article is trying to tell me. I DO see that there's a bunch of Boss Salmonid HP data that wasn't there before though, so I'll have fun scouring through that.

Absolutely Absol likes this.
  3. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    Are you telling me people are surprised by this?

Do people not know that Squeezer's long ranged mode is essentially objectively better than its short range in just about every way. Even comparing frame data, tap shots have a 24 frame Chum kill time compared to short's 28. Short range fire is only 1 frame faster, which doesn't make up for lost damage.

Like, if you have the Squeezer, there is honestly little reason to not use its tap shots outside of painting during off time. Even then I find successive tap shots still more effective in painting paths.

vanille987 likes this.
  4. ϛ(°³°)/`

I think I was just surprised that it was that bad. If you look at the remaining parameters, there seems to be some difference between the modes in terms of painting, but honestly I can't make heads or tails of them.

5. Absolutely Absol

Absolutely Absol Pro Squid

Well, 60 frames divided by fire rate then multiply by max damage, you get DPS. For example, I'm using SR short range Ballpoint's stat so 60/3=20 then 20*35=700. 54+48 is for first and full charge respectively and, 5 is for long range.
    Thanks for data but where did you find fire rate from? I've spent time trying to find it.

6. ϛ(°³°)/`

It’s almost exactly what you said. I never use the numbers they provide in the shop description because they’re very arbitrary, but on the datamined parameters I linked, the fire rate is always given as the number of frames between bullets being released; the variable you’re looking for is RepeatFrame. On the Inkipedia page there were a few extra numbers and stuff that was missing, so I usually go with Lean’s data.

ALSO, speaking of data mining the next gear has been found, and I regret to announce that it’s still not the Octoleet gear.
    It looks like the white Squid Research Lab lab coat, unbuttoned with the Basic Tee under it. There’s a pink badge and blue square patch on the left.

Enperry, awedry and Absolutely Absol like this.
  7. radio-fashion

radio-fashion Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3797-5332-9696
    Is anyone else getting a LOT of goldies this rotation? I swear I'm getting at least one every three waves

calamaro likes this.
  8. awedry

awedry Full Squid

I've been waiting for those Octoleet Boots forever! Maybe June...

~A.

calamaro and ϛ(°³°)/` like this.
  9. calamaro

Squiffer <3

10. ϛ(°³°)/`

I actually saw a lot more people using the Ballpoint properly this shift. It warmed my cold, dead heart.

11. Magitroopa

Magitroopa Full Squid

NNID:
    Magitroopa
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6452-9209-2706
    Oh boy, an all-rare rotation coming up on May 4! (First time since December 29!)

calamaro and Enperry like this.
  12. calamaro

Remember Grizzco Slosher users. With great power comes great responsibility.

Absolutely Absol and Enperry like this.
  13. radio-fashion

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3797-5332-9696
    Does anyone have tips for the grizzco slosher? It always seems less powerful then it should be to me, at least compared to the other grizzco weapons

14. ϛ(°³°)/`

You get 4 shots and your ink tank takes a long time before it’ll even start recharging, so always be mindful of how many times you have left. Your shots pierce, meaning they go through enemies even if they don’t splat them. You can take out Flyfish by hitting them once in the centre of their ship. You can actually fire fairly rapidly, meaning you can have multiple shots all torpedoing through a swarm of enemies.

Generally the ink management aspect is the most important consideration.

15. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

You can take down the Flyfish with it, just target the middle. It also tears right through Salmonids and it damages Steelheads without needing to aim at its bag. It also damages the Drizzler and the Scrapper through their shields.

16. awedry

awedry Full Squid

How did the all Grizzco rotation go for everyone this past weekend? I managed to get to Profreshional 900 in freelance, a personal best, but I couldn't quite make it to 999 with the time I had. Someday...

~A.

calamaro likes this.
  17. calamaro

Loved the random load-out. Not a fan of that stage though. Had a lot of low tide shifts.

18. radio-fashion

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3797-5332-9696
    Man, i felt so powerful that grizzco weapons only shift! It was so much fun!!

I'm a big fan of this rotation too, I love when most/all weapons have some range to them

Enperry and calamaro like this.
  19. Enperry

Enperry Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    ssjplt
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0405-1788-8108
    Dewnose likes this.
  20. ϛ(°³°)/`

I’ll give the Grizzco shifts credit for being pretty fun and low stress, even at max hazard levels, but I tend to enjoy random ALL weapon shifts more. I think it’s a combination of the larger weapon pool and the ability to practice with things I’d never have the chutzpah to take into S+/X rank games. Also, you know that the entire team’s comp will be random, and this situation is similar to what you’ll encounter in ranked modes all the time.

One more thing: because it’s so easy with four Grizzco weapons, even lower-skill players will be able to climb the ranks to Profreshional. This probably doesn’t sound like a problem, until you play the next shift and there’s a huge influx of players doing stupid things like shooting on sight instead of being smart about tackling bosses. I’m getting real tired of people hitting Scrappers and aiming their backs to a wall or AWAY from teammates.

I’m convinced the charger is the best. It can’t take out all Stinger segments in one go, but it pierces through unarmoured enemies as any other charger, it’s spammable unlike the Slosher, and it has absurd range and painting ability. They’re all ridiculously overpowered though, it’s pretty fun.

Enperry likes this.