• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
What do you think is the toughest shift to work?

Goldie Seeking normal tide on Ruins of Ark Polaris
High Tide Griller at the Ruins

At least for me those shifts are a coin flip at best. I know a lot has to do with your crew and shift load-out but never the less those make me wince the most.

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
Griller on Salmonid Smokeyard high tide is the absolute worst - in fact, the generic boss rush at high tide on that map is ridiculous levels of difficult at a high enough profreshional rank. Not a fan. Also, fog on normal tide Ark Polaris can be a pain when grouped with a team that likes to seek things out at the lower platforms for most of the game.

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
High-tide grillers and rushes on Marooner's Bay are the ones I struggle with the most, lack of extra platforms / rails to connect the basket to the rest of the stage gives me less lee-way to bait and trap. :(
High-tide Goldies are always risky cuz a lot of ppl keep opening every valve and not clearing out the hordes.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Any shift that requires more than just “See thing. Shoot thing!” from my teammates is bound to give me anxiety.

People who flick Rollers during Glowfly waves; people who shoot Goldies as far away from the basket as humanly possible on fog waves; having all three of your teammates manning the cannons and leaving you, the Dynamo, to ferry eggs (AGAIN from the furthest point in the map because they’re trigger happy and won’t wait for bosses to get closer).

But high-tide Smokeyard is a special breed of hell. People sprinting to the other side right off the bat hurt my soul. The best is when you yell “This way!” to get them to stop their stupidity only to have them spam “This way!” back to you. I’d turn off my damn Switch if I wouldn’t lose rank and waste time doing it. Those waves get my vote as the worst.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Any shift that requires more than just “See thing. Shoot thing!” from my teammates is bound to give me anxiety.

People who flick Rollers during Glowfly waves; people who shoot Goldies as far away from the basket as humanly possible on fog waves; having all three of your teammates manning the cannons and leaving you, the Dynamo, to ferry eggs (AGAIN from the furthest point in the map because they’re trigger happy and won’t wait for bosses to get closer).

But high-tide Smokeyard is a special breed of hell. People sprinting to the other side right off the bat hurt my soul. The best is when you yell “This way!” to get them to stop their stupidity only to have them spam “This way!” back to you. I’d turn off my damn Switch if I wouldn’t lose rank and waste time doing it. Those waves get my vote as the worst.

All strong and valid points. :)

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Did Mr.Grizz hire a bunch of temps?! Holy cow there has been a plague of egg guarding lately.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
This session was oddly annoying. The weapons themselves are perfectly fine, in fact they're pretty good. But yeesh the players. Never won a Goldie Seekie cause everybody just kept burst every geyser with no rhyme or reason making delivering the eggs near impossible.

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
Holy squid the octobrush buff in SR is a blessing! Straight out from trash tier, now the octobrush is what it was supposed to be: an heavy hitter and slower brush. Now you can easily knock out steel heads, stee eel and drizzler! And it wrecks stinger in a few swings. It's a B tier weapon now imo.

Carbon roller received a damage buff as well: now you need only two vertical flick to kill a steel head and spamming horizontal one helps a lot against huge group of lessser salmonids.

An obvious demonstration on how damage is so important in this mode

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I dont really follow the number side of the game but i could tell a big difference. This whole time I though i was just better with the thing...

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Oh darkness, it's definitely post Christmas Salmon Run.

As in, jesus, there are a lot of bad Salmon Run players right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom