• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
so Troublesome Friend convinces me a while back to wet my toes in SR. It's just as chaotic and stressful as I'd imagined, if slightly not THAT bad because friend on the team. Only problem is, I'm basically jumping in at his end, which means badder baddies and worse nightmare rounds. Not his fault. I try again later on solo, and it's somewhat easier because I'm in with my own exp level. Just at that point there's the usual solo SR woes. Most times, we're the teamiest of teammates. As close as four squids who are total strangers to each other could ever be. Grafted at the hip, even.

Until the glowflies come out.

Suddenly, I am utterly alone. I have no teammates. I am Typhoid Squiddy. My life, my choices, what are they?

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
Hey guys, need some help finding some images so I can update my Salmon Run session spreadsheet. Any help appreciated, thanks!

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Enjoyed the recent load out. GooTuber is starting to grow on me..

I would like to see a 'casual Friday' once in a while where we can all use our own gear for a session.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I'm actually growing fond of most of the unpopular weapons. I mentioned my thoughts on Dynamo, but I've grown to appreciate Gootuber, Tenta Brella, and Flingza as well. While essentially a worse Splat Charger, Gootuber is still good enough as a Charger. It still one-shots Steelheads, and two-shots Steel Eels and Scrappers. Tenta Brella can actually be great at crowd control if you just deploy your brella. It tears through Cohocks, so it's almost a better Dynamo in that regard. Flingza isn't bad to many since it essentially acts as a Splat Roller when not doing the vertical flick, but the vertical flick can still be useful. It's great at inking a long line, and can act as a ghetto Slosher.

Now for a tip for Salmonid Smokeyard. On high tide, just shoot the propeller on the other side. If you do that, then a teammate won't end up killing you. It's slower than going for the one on your side, but it's much safer.

Did anyone notice the loadout for 1/11-1/12? The loadout is as follows:

Glooga Dualies
.96 Gal
Dynamo Roller
E-Liter

Yep....there's our all heavy loadout I suppose. I do not see this ending well at all. None of these items can really paint, and they're generally costly. It'll be a fun challenge run I suppose? Watch me actually derank from Profreshional when doing this.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I kinda got tired of this game and stopped playing for a while, but I did get back in time to play salmonoid smoke yard on its debut. After reading through this thread I was really surprised at how many people struggled on it, as I have done really well on that stage. I think that I am much better at SR than the other game modes, but I was able to win my first 6 or 7 matches on the first rotation and then did the same on another rotation.
What kinds of experiences have others had on this stage? I've had my some of my best rounds on it, consistently gathering 75-85 eggs per round with relatively few deaths on the team.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I actually kinda like the Smokeyard, there's a lot of side routes at low tide that come in handy on that one.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
How do you guys feel about today's load-out? It can be very (!) difficult in my opinion, but you meet up with such skilled players that often know how to utilise each and every weapon. Beautiful to see for a geek such as myself. :'D I have reached Profreshional 330 so far, I will try to go for at least 400 later. =)

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
The loadout really worried me before using it and I thought it would be a major challenge to win any battles, but it did go very well overall. I only lost two or three rounds on my way to ~1400 points, so it went very well. The only times I really had trouble was during griller waves — we did get a win on one of those! — and swarm waves when the dynamo didn't know what to do. It was one of those moments when a loadout shatters my expectations, like when I thought heavy splatling, blaster, squelcher, and spy brella would do well; it didn't do well.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
The loadout really worried me before using it and I thought it would be a major challenge to win any battles, but it did go very well overall. I only lost two or three rounds on my way to ~1400 points, so it went very well. The only times I really had trouble was during griller waves — we did get a win on one of those! — and swarm waves when the dynamo didn't know what to do. It was one of those moments when a loadout shatters my expectations, like when I thought heavy splatling, blaster, squelcher, and spy brella would do well; it didn't do well.
I personally had it harder than I expected. x*D But I still enjoyed it. I was looking forward to this loadout as I really like challenging ones for Salmon Run. The hardest weapon to use for me was the Dynamo. The easiest were the Gloogas, but then again, probably 'cause I've used them the most. :) It feels really satisfying when you get a few neat dodge rolls in and slay a Steelhead with just a few shots!
The Goldie Rush event can make your heart sink, when you see the Dynamo moving away from the high ledge and start flicking at the enemies... Then you know that you most likely won't survive long.
I did reach 400 in the end, but I think I'm done playing SR for today. ;)

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I personally had it harder than I expected. x*D But I still enjoyed it. I was looking forward to this loadout as I really like challenging ones for Salmon Run. The hardest weapon to use for me was the Dynamo. The easiest were the Gloogas, but then again, probably 'cause I've used them the most. :) It feels really satisfying when you get a few neat dodge rolls in and slay a Steelhead with just a few shots!
The Goldie Rush event can make your heart sink, when you see the Dynamo moving away from the high ledge and start flicking at the enemies... Then you know that you most likely won't survive long.
I did reach 400 in the end, but I think I'm done playing SR for today. ;)
I played some more today and it was a bit tougher than yesterday, but I was still surprised by some really good teammates. I would play more, but I've already had two disconnects when I usually have none, and the game decided to take away 20 points because I disconnected before I even reached the lobby!

On a side note, I really hope we can get more random loadouts, as I've only been able to play one of those and I completely missed the grizz blaster. Mr. Grizz needs to give his employees a little more to work with than what we've had.

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
(Oh, gee, I thought we didn't have a thread like this! The title is so clever, I love it!)

Chiming in on last month's Hydra Discussion-Salmon Run's been making me feel more confident with a lot of weapons-even ones I thought I'd never touch, like sloshers and chargers-but the Hydra just doesn't seem to be clicking with me. I know it's not a bad weapon-Hydra users in S1 kicked my butt enough to make that clear-but it doesn't seem suited for Salmon Run. Its slow charge up time and restricted movement when it gets charged means it needs some place to charge safely, but there's not many workspaces with places like that.

Also, I know this is super unlikely, but I think it'd be cool to see new boss Salmonids that use techniques similar to some other specials that they haven't used yet. (But not Ink Armor-that'd be a nightmare) Maybe there could be a whale-like Salmonid that blows bubbles out of its blowhole, or a Salmonid inside a massive egg like the Baller. I dunno, I just really like the aesthetic of the Salmonids and how creative the Splatoon dev team has been in recreating things.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
How do you guys feel about today's load-out? It can be very (!) difficult in my opinion, but you meet up with such skilled players that often know how to utilise each and every weapon. Beautiful to see for a geek such as myself. :'D I have reached Profreshional 330 so far, I will try to go for at least 400 later. =)
As much as I like the loadout, it was irritating to say the least. Every round went south very quickly. I even had one Cohock Charge that I almost had to freaking solo, since apparently using a cannon is hard. Thank god they gave me the E-Liter, and I didn't have to deal with any Flyfish.

By the time I got my two superbonuses, I was at 120 profresh, which is pretty low.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
(Oh, gee, I thought we didn't have a thread like this! The title is so clever, I love it!)

Chiming in on last month's Hydra Discussion-Salmon Run's been making me feel more confident with a lot of weapons-even ones I thought I'd never touch, like sloshers and chargers-but the Hydra just doesn't seem to be clicking with me. I know it's not a bad weapon-Hydra users in S1 kicked my butt enough to make that clear-but it doesn't seem suited for Salmon Run. Its slow charge up time and restricted movement when it gets charged means it needs some place to charge safely, but there's not many workspaces with places like that.

Also, I know this is super unlikely, but I think it'd be cool to see new boss Salmonids that use techniques similar to some other specials that they haven't used yet. (But not Ink Armor-that'd be a nightmare) Maybe there could be a whale-like Salmonid that blows bubbles out of its blowhole, or a Salmonid inside a massive egg like the Baller. I dunno, I just really like the aesthetic of the Salmonids and how creative the Splatoon dev team has been in recreating things.

It would be kind of fun if random salmonids came at ya with a baller.

I would also like to see some new specials tossed into the mix for the work force. Maybe Mr. Grizz could buy some of the old stuff from Sheldon like the inkzooka or kraken...

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987

I would also like to see some new specials tossed into the mix for the work force. Maybe Mr. Grizz could buy some of the old stuff from Sheldon like the inkzooka or kraken...
I wonder if each of the existing bosses is supposed to be their variant of one of the specials? There are three bosses for Ink Storm, Sting Ray, and Tenta Missiles. Steelhead is kind of like Baller (invincibility and an explosion), or possibly Maws (invincible and highly-mobile phase followed by an attack). The other might be their take on Splashdown or Inkjet. Scrapper might be their Ink Armor, too.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401

Imagine if the salmonid bosses were based around Splatoon 1 specials... You've doubled the quota, and then all of the sudden, your whole team is wiped by a Killer Wail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom