• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
I wouldn't call it generous when that awful brella is part of the weapon rotation.
How is the Brella awful? I’ve never used a Brella weapon at all so I have no experience with it, but whenever I got it in this Salmon Run rotation I was doing fairly well with it.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
At times this rotation was one of the best, but usually it was one of the worst. I had 3 different shifts where we failed to get enough gold eggs on the first wave! The rotation started with me hovering around 390 points the entire time, but when I decided I was going to keep playing after the superbonuses I ended up winning much more and stopped around 450 points. The aerospray and dualies were consistently good, but the tenta brella and rapid blaster pro really decided most rounds.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The only brella I do not like to see when I punch in for my shift is the undercover brella. I think the Tenta is a nice tool to have personally. It has good stopping power.

Digging the new gear this month.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The Goldie conga line is the worst thing about Salmon Run. So obnoxious.

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
The Goldie conga line is the worst thing about Salmon Run. So obnoxious.
Agreed, for me it's a toss-up between this and the Goldie Seeking event. Feels like none of the players I got matched with today knew how to handle these events.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Goldie Seeking is the one where I tend to lose the most of my shifts. This is because of the simple fact that the Goldie Seeking event is the one most decided by RNG. Which gusher is the Goldie going to show up in this time? Is it going to be relatively close to the basket or will it be a few days hike? Will my co-workers open them patiently and with careful consideration or will they go nuts and plaster all of them, making it so there are too many Chums and Smallfries to get anything done?

I understand that there has to be some variety in the Salmon Run activities, but Goldie Seeking is just the worst. It never really gets any better either. I try to stay at or above the Pro 400 line and it is a chore every time because of said RNG elements present in this event. It isn't fun. As a matter of fact, let me be more succinct. It sucks! It's the one event that I hate the most, right next to most special events on the Lost Outpost. Speaking of which...

*Checks the next shift*

Ooo! I like the weapons! Where does this shift take place?

*Takes place at the Lost Outpost*

.........this is fine...

Cephalobro

Honestly, Goldie Seeking isn't the worst for me, it's just teammates who don't prioritize certain Gushers before opening other Gushers that makes this a loss for me. To me, the worst wave is the Grillers and this is mainly because I already hate Flooders in the first place.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I am just the opposite. I can handle Grillers no problem. I tend to hate that wave though because most of my co-workers tend to panic when it comes up. They just need to keep a cool head and maintain a working strategy! Gee, I wonder if there is someone who could make a comprehensive guide to all things Salmon Run? That would be swell.

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
Goldie Seeking is the one where I tend to lose the most of my shifts. This is because of the simple fact that the Goldie Seeking event is the one most decided by RNG. Which gusher is the Goldie going to show up in this time? Is it going to be relatively close to the basket or will it be a few days hike? Will my co-workers open them patiently and with careful consideration or will they go nuts and plaster all of them, making it so there are too many Chums and Smallfries to get anything done?
It's even worse if they don't shout 'This Way!' once they've found the Goldie.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Agreed, for me it's a toss-up between this and the Goldie Seeking event. Feels like none of the players I got matched with today knew how to handle these events.
I will be the first to admit not knowing how to handle it. It gets even worse when I have to avoid the conga line and save dead teammates at the same time.

Originally, I thought Griller events were bad, but Grillers are not that fast, and if you keep turning around corners, they slow down a bit. The conga line, though? It just runs over you like there is no tomorrow.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812

I understand that there has to be some variety in the Salmon Run activities, but Goldie Seeking is just the worst. It never really gets any better either. I try to stay at or above the Pro 400 line and it is a chore every time because of said RNG elements present in this event. It isn't fun. As a matter of fact, let me be more succinct. It sucks! It's the one event that I hate the most, right next to most special events on the Lost Outpost. Speaking of which...

*Checks the next shift*

Ooo! I like the weapons! Where does this shift take place?

*Takes place at the Lost Outpost*

.........this is fine...
...UNLESS (either way) you have the dynamo roller. Then you party.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I don't like the N-Zap on Salmon Run and I'm not a fan of Salmonid Smokeyard, but my teammakes were top notch this session. We moved in pairs and coordinated the platforms really well. Now I got my Grizzco knockoff "Cap of Legend". It doesn't feel the same ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom