• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
My luck with waves is ridiculous. Why did you have to give us high tide ALL THREE WAVES, Nintendo? WHY...?!
(We lost on the last wave.)

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
The shifts I played as a freelancer to get back my 400 after my terrible luck in the rotation before the current one were ... interesting to say the least. The amount of profresh people who still don't know how to lure bosses, prioritize saving teammates before heading somewhere only god-knows and resulting in a crew wipe, not collecting eggs were over 9000 tonight. The biggest whoop-whoop moment was when I cleared wave 3, but didn't get a raise because I was matched with a team where someone was below profresh. Grizz, if I'm able to win this as a Freelancer, I demand TWICE the raise. At any rate, I got back to 400, and I can freely say that I could go without the Blob at any time. And thanks for giving me the scoped Liter in one wave, that really helped there. (No sarcasm lol)

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
The shifts I played as a freelancer to get back my 400 after my terrible luck in the rotation before the current one were ... interesting to say the least. The amount of profresh people who still don't know how to lure bosses, prioritize saving teammates before heading somewhere only god-knows and resulting in a crew wipe, not collecting eggs were over 9000 tonight. The biggest whoop-whoop moment was when I cleared wave 3, but didn't get a raise because I was matched with a team where someone was below profresh. Grizz, if I'm able to win this as a Freelancer, I demand TWICE the raise. At any rate, I got back to 400, and I can freely say that I could go without the Blob at any time. And thanks for giving me the scoped Liter in one wave, that really helped there. (No sarcasm lol)
Gotta love the players who kill Maws as far from the basket as they can.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
Anyone in Profreshional can be matched with anyone else in Profreshional so that wont make a difference in terms of the teammates you get.

Are you implying you've actually died to Small Fry the most? o_O
small fry and sniper weapons make me want to pull my hair out at times lol

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
my favorite map and great guns i had a round with 55 eggs (new record for me) capped out at around 750 and had a few max hazard levels which keeps me interested.

some things just make me gag like not dragging maws and scrappers when everything is calm to the basket, reminds me of how in ranked x i can't friggin believe how many teammates i get that have no idea how to use a beacon at the highest level of the game. .

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I have to disagree strongly only because Dapples have terrible range for Salmon Run. Honestly, Glooga Dualies are better than Dapples in this case.
IMO I think that weapons with great DPS+Painting meet my standards of an excellent Grizz co. weapon.
The Glooga(s) is none of these to me, I usually have to dodge roll into turret mode to reliably bring down Boss Salmoniformes.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I am not going to walk off the job site if Mr. Grizz hands me a set of Dualies. Like the other had said the range can be a hindrance unless you get the squelchers of course.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
basically for what ever the weapon lacks hopefully there is another weapon to offset it. i love the squiffer in salmon run depending on other weapons on the team. for me it's about having enough weapons on the team that can spray your feet fast because at pro 600 and up it's a must.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
While I don't mind the Squiffer in Salmon Run, my objection to having it in the rotation is that other people probably can't use it too well. Any time a "difficult" weapon is in the rotation, like the Dynamo, Hydra, Ballpoint (surprisingly), or E-Litre, my win rate drops like a brick. I saw a disturbing number of people ONLY using the long range mode with the Ballpoint during the last rotation and it triggered unparalleled frustration.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
While I don't mind the Squiffer in Salmon Run, my objection to having it in the rotation is that other people probably can't use it too well. Any time a "difficult" weapon is in the rotation, like the Dynamo, Hydra, Ballpoint (surprisingly), or E-Litre, my win rate drops like a brick. I saw a disturbing number of people ONLY using the long range mode with the Ballpoint during the last rotation and it triggered unparalleled frustration.
Very true, but if you happen to have a knack for those particular weapons, it isn't as bad.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
this map and all i'm getting is high tides like 2 out of 3 rounds is a bit frustrating today decent gun set but can't get past 500

Cephalobro

While the Dynamo Roller can be a great weapon for Salmon Run if used correctly, I don't think the Hydra can be saved. The Dynamo Roller is great for crushing Cohocks, the Hydra isn't as effective due to its slow charging time, making a full charge impossible since there will always be something to dodge, this is why I don't like it when it's in rotation. I prefer the Heavy Splatling or the aforementioned Dynamo Roller as the weapons for mowing down Salmonids.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
While the Dynamo Roller can be a great weapon for Salmon Run if used correctly, I don't think the Hydra can be saved. The Dynamo Roller is great for crushing Cohocks, the Hydra isn't as effective due to its slow charging time, making a full charge impossible since there will always be something to dodge, this is why I don't like it when it's in rotation. I prefer the Heavy Splatling or the aforementioned Dynamo Roller as the weapons for mowing down Salmonids.
I agree. In fact, I think Hydra Splatling is the worst weapon for Salmon Run. Like this post if you agree, and if you don't, post and say why.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I agree. In fact, I think Hydra Splatling is the worst weapon for Salmon Run. Like this post if you agree, and if you don't, post and say why.
I strongly disagree. A full two rings gets an increase in damage per bullet and can shred through any enemy at an extremely respectable range. The only thing that makes it difficult is when you're constantly pegged by flyfish because your team is full of people that'd rather run to the edge of the stage and die than take them down. To play the Hydra properly in SR, I feel like you'd need to play it in multiplayer a bit; you need to be able to stay constantly on the offensive and abuse the hell out of your massive damage output while also preventing things from creeping up on you. In Multiplayer you need to constantly pressure the objective while watching out for pesky players who routinely try to flank you like you're a charger. The playstyle in both modes shares a fair bit in common.

I'd argue that the Octobrush is worse because of its massive ink consumption for relatively poor coverage, speed, and DPS. The Goo Tuber is worse because its mobile charge mechanic doesn't offer it any real benefit in Salmon Run. And the H-3 Nozzlenose is worse because despite its decent paint potential, the 3 bullet splat is irrelevant in SR and doesn't warrant the god awful rate of fire and damage output. The Range Blaster also falls below the Hydra for me in SR, just because its range doesn't offer it any benefit over the vanilla Blaster or Luna in this mode, and the rate of fire puts you in bad situations constantly; you just can't run it like a safe-spotting long range blaster like you should be able to. If the Goo Tuber got its 180 damage full charge like in multiplayer, it'd be able to match the E-litre's OHKO potential on Scrappers and Steel Eels and would give it a lot more use.

People could argue any weapon is bad if they don't play it right; for instance I'd say that the Splat Roller is garbage during Glowfly waves if all you do is flick at the stampede. If you use it right and slow-roll in front of your teammates, it's unparalleled in its usefulness. If all you do is flick with the Dynamo, you're going to have a bad time in SR; most of your damage should be done by rolling and spinning in a circle when pressured from multiple angles. If all you do with the Ballpoint is use its long range mode, then it's going to perform like crap too ( /triggered).

- or maybe I'm just biased because I've grown fond of the Hydra in multiplayer as of late, and I've been kicking *** with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom