• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How many of us have made it in to A+ Rank in Splatzones?

Oniric

Inkster Jr.
I recently started playing ranked battles and C- is easy, got to C real fast and now I'm in B-, challenging, I won't deny that, specially if I'm the one who has to push.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
I made it to A+ not too long ago but I had a pretty rough time getting there. Once I dropped straight from B+ all the way back to B- but that was also my worst day. Point is don't give up. Put in the time you'll eventually get results.

Njok

Bouncer
In the first weeks after launch i mostly played aerospray and only played ranked to level up faster. It got me to B- but i really wasn't that interested in rank.

But then when i started using rollers, my play style changed alot and i was basically playing splat zones in turf wars (just trying to keep a zone and killing). So i went back to splatzones and got to B+88 or something.

Enter Tower control and a long session of sucking really hard and i was back at b- 18.

I did get paired with alot of A players and even some A+ when i was at B, and i did fine in those matches. I remember one session in particular where i was in an all A room and i ranked up really quick for getting +12 every win. Only 1 guy in that room was doing better in that session, a guy named Green or something, a roller too (hello if you are on here too). So i am confident that i am gonna get there so see you guys then!

Tldr:

-gonna try for a+
-think i can do it, so hopefully see you there
-doing it in splatzones though, because for now i suck at tower control.

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
I keep climbing up to B+ with the Inkbrush, in a support role, then getting into these huge tumbles back down to C+. I honestly don't understand how it happens this way over and over again. I understand falling, of course, but not falling so far so fast. I'm am trying really hard not to blame teammates, and to look at how I'm playing, but... ...I don't understand how the game can consistently match me with players who don't know how to stop and think, and use caution. I always see a couple of good players I'd want on my squad and I say, okay, so a decent number of matches I'll be on their team, and I'll rise easily, but then I'm never matched with those players. It's infuriating. I know the matchmaking is random, but it doesn't often feel like it.

Hrafn

Inkling
NNID
Thursfield
Best so far is A-. It seems like a lot of my fortune depends on the time of day I'm playing (better/worse players online).

Or you know... That's just one of the things I tell myself...

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Best so far is A-. It seems like a lot of my fortune depends on the time of day I'm playing (better/worse players online).

Or you know... That's just one of the things I tell myself...
If you are top of your team than it's obviously the team's fault. ;)
I recommend to play with weapons that are capable of carrying worst team mates - for example weapons with a sub beacon. That should allow at the very least for your team mates to super jump into the fray and take away some of the attention away from you.

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
I've been flickering between an A and an A+ using a Carbon Roller. During the times I dropped back down into the B ranks, the games got immensely easier and rebounding back up rarely took any time.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
Warchamp7
I got to A+ almost exclusively using the Tentatek Splattershot

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I just made to A- after being in B rank for ever. I kinda feel that I going be knock eventually

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
I really wish the golden/yellow A+ stayed if you stay in A+ or something.
Yeah same. It kinda demotivated me to play anymore, but then I played anyway because it's better than turf for getting good.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599

Almost there...!
Though I wonder if I should regular splattershot my way to A+ now x:

but there is a question I wish to ask...
how many of us ranked players use stick controls? o.o

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
I went from A 92 to A- 70, due to 4 disconnects and then major rage tilt. I was going to initially rage after getting straight back to A that I could have been A+, but I realised shortly after that I'm VERY inconsistent in A rank, and that it's largely down to 1) struggling to make minor aiming adjustments in pressure situations and 2) not being more discreet when attempting to ambush. Tbh I'll probably be A rank for a long time but I actually don't mind, because I know there's two things (at least) that I need to work on before I can permanently make the A+ jump.

Howl7

Pro Squid
I am A+! (I know that i'm a bit late, but who cares? I made it. XD)

To reach the A+ rank i used mainly the Splattershot Pro in Splat Zones and the Blaster in Tower Control. By tomorrow my objective will be reach the top! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom