• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How many of us have made it in to A+ Rank in Splatzones?

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
If they don't make separate servers for Tower Control and Splat Zones, and we keep our rank between them, I'll get to A+ in Tower Control fast. Splat Zones can be long and drawn out especially with terrible teammates. Tower Control is incredibly fast paced, and at least 3/4 of the matches I've played ended within 2 minutes. It's just a faster way to rank up, and funner.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
If they don't make separate servers for Tower Control and Splat Zones, and we keep our rank between them, I'll get to A+ in Tower Control fast. Splat Zones can be long and drawn out especially with terrible teammates. Tower Control is incredibly fast paced, and at least 3/4 of the matches I've played ended within 2 minutes. It's just a faster way to rank up, and funner.
Last day of splatzone I crawled all the way back up to B+ because I somehow landed in an A+ room (with actual good players) and now recently with the Tower Control, I boosted to A-

If this keeps up, I might actually get it this time.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
Last day of splatzone I crawled all the way back up to B+ because I somehow landed in an A+ room (with actual good players) and now recently with the Tower Control, I boosted to A-

If this keeps up, I might actually get it this time.
It seems like it will be achievable without having to rely too heavily on team mates, and it's so easy to turn around near defeat. I climbed up 1 and half ranks just in 2 hours last night, that's insane... just like Tower Control.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
I don't have too too much time to play. So I've been slowly making my way up into A plus I'm currently sitting in the middle of A.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Those of you who like TC a lot: what weapons are you using?
I tried inkbrush for the first part, didn't go down so well after 2 matches because I needed kill power so I swapped to krak-on. Hasn't failed me since (sometimes used Hero Roller though).

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Krak-On as usual - just charge up special and use it on top of tower

Nintendo have gone full Ubisoft with this mode, next thing you know they start putting collectibles all over the map :D

Krak-On Kraken

Inkling
NNID
Konofox
I somehow managed to get my way carried up to A+ with some great teams (I know I basically got carried as I never broke even with my K/D ratio in almost every match as an A+). I've fallen back to A rank for the time being, though. Pretty hilarious either way, considering how many people I see complaining about forever being stuck in C/B limbo...

Zonderion

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zonderion
Made it to A+. I must say, this level is much tougher than either B or C...

Oatsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaOtmel
Made it in like 2 weeks ago.
Getting to A+ 99 was annoying though (I got to A+ 98 at one point on my run >_>)

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Tower Control is incredibly fast paced, and at least 3/4 of the matches I've played ended within 2 minutes. It's just a faster way to rank up, and funner.
It's exactly the opposite for me so far. While I manage to get 100-0s in Splat Zones from time to time it feels unreal to get the counter even close to 20-30 in Tower Control. The tower seems always to be stuck in the middle for the whole match and eventually the team which had the better start wins by score.

And yea, the jump at B+ is huge. I can carry B rooms easily, but once I reach A- the game pairs me up with 75% A and A+ players and I get utterly destroyed after a few matches. Playing in these rooms is fun, though, but I think I have to practice a little more before I can match that level.

Last edited:

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599

Finally I left the B Realm x.x splat zones are starting to become fun for me x:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom