How many of us have made it in to A+ Rank in Splatzones?

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I made it to B rank today but afterwards I dropped back to B- -.-

Power

Inkling Commander
I finally made A+, oddly enough it was much easier getting there than getting past B+ lol. The tentatek is insane in my opinion, I am going to switch to other weapons and see how far I drop. Ima shoot for A+ 99 l8er tho.

SheriffCrazy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SheriffCrazy
I made it into the A+ yesterday! Go Custom E-Liter! I even hit the gold A+ with the 99 points!

SheriffCrazy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SheriffCrazy
Nice, do you have any tips with that weapon??. I used it b4 in splatzones and only got kills but no wins.
Use motion controls. Shoot when you see crosshairs. You don't have to fully charge a shot to kill someone.

Box

Pro Squid
I made it to A+ today. I probably could have made it earlier actually. The last time I made it to A I had just stuck around in a B rank room and kept carrying my team to victory. Since the room wasn't getting any harder, I could have just pushed up to A+ but I wanted to do it the right way. This time though I started at low A- and worked my way up through A rooms. I'm still not sure that I'm really playing at an A+ level. I was playing on maps that I feel comfortable with using one of the stronger weapons: the .52 Gal. Even then, I wasn't carrying every game and in most games I just did my part.

A week ago I was struggling in B+/A-. I'm not sure if I've really improved that much since then. It's possible that a lot of people like me have moved up to the A/A+ ranks which means I'm not really getting any better, just that people of lesser skill are now finding their way into A/A+ ranks.

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
After 3 failed attempts at getting to A- (I failed with 90, 94 and 96 points then dropped down all the way to C+ all times) I finally made this weekend. Once in A- I felt it was easier to win and I got to A in no time. Then I started trying new gear and weapons and screwed up, back to B+.

As some had said, I find it´s much harder to get from B+ to A- than it is to go from A- to A.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
I see y'all showing off your A+'s and A+ 99's. But are any of you as rich as I am? (Kappa)

currently got 130,000 something. I usually spend my cash immediately for upgrading/rerolling my gear, but now I force myself to keep at least 100,000 in reserve in case I can buy some really good gear from Spyke (of course I regularly order the gear from the people I battle in Splat Zones). but after getting some mad cash in A+, 100,000 is not even all that much!

Power

Inkling Commander
Yes the lag has become more noticeable. But I don't believe it has been game breaking consistently, it's only a minor annoyance for me

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Interesting. It must be because of the high traffic on Nintys already mediocre servers.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Even with the 1 million sales mark? That seems quite a bit larger than launch days, what? 40000 copies sold?
I can guarantee that traffic is at least half of what it was compared to launch week.
Edit: Just hit A-, woohoo!

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
Its a lot worse now that people discovered the Krak-On Roller. Several occasions you would die to them when your clearly out of the way from their melee attack. From July 1st hopefully the connections will sort themselves out.
I don't claim to understand exactly what goes into this game's netcode or precisely how much your distance from others affects latency (from a mathematical standpoint), but I have to wonder how Nintendo would be able to address this issue at all, short of lobbying entire countries to improve their Internet infrastructure. I do agree that latency does help rollers (and to some extent blasters) more than it should, however. Way too many "you are already dead" scenarios to be acceptable for, say, a tournament environment down the road. At least the Kraken itself is getting nerfed.

Don't have much to contribute to the main topic, only just reached B- last night (I don't play Ranked that much).

Milo

Inkling
NNID
ValkyrieRT
Is that really what its like? A+ players just blame their troubles on lag?
A lot of people do. It can get out of hand really, the complaining. the most I do is just say "Come on" or "BS" to myself, then move on after a few seconds. It's just not worth it and you can only blame Nintendo for it. The main reason I don't like playing Rollers is because of how badly the online is in their favor. But until Ninty patches the net-code and not make it dip almost everyone's connection, it'll be a reoccurring problem

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
So from what I've read... It's a monster getting past B+... It seems I've confirmed that B+ is that void that no one returns from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom