• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"I can't believe I just ________..." - The stupid moment thread

Rustic

Inkling Commander
When I was playing online, I was at Bluefin on top of falling into the water over and over again, there were many firefights were I should've won, but because I was getting kinda shaky with the right stick I ended up getting splatted. I could've turned the match if I just kept a steady aim at my foe!
Aye, I had many moments like that, it sucks mainly because I usually use accurate weapons. Like Jet Squelchers and Heavy Splatlings. I'm training to use chargers, and you know what happens if you miss a shot and they close in. :ability_comeback: Yer dead!

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
It sucked and I felt so stupid. It's stressful carrying the rainmaker. I feel like the whole team is counting on you.
I don't know what's worse, holding the rainmaker, or trying to attack with it under stress. I constantly send out those sad little dust devils, and watch as the other team laughs, then quickly splat me.

Ochre

Inkling
>Camp Triggerfish
>Rainmaker

Enemy team has the Rainmaker and is making a fast beeline to the goal through the long way (net bridges). Being a charger at the time I hop onto the grating next to it as quick as I could thinking 'Haha! Not today!' I keep my laser right in his way between the rail openings and I slowly inch around/closer to see if I can get this splat while also stalling them. I notice one of their teammates throw a suction bomb at me. So what does reflex do for me? Did you answer 'squid away'? Ding ding! Correct! At least the water was nice. :p

One of my favorite fails though, comes from a turf war ages ago, someone set up a beacon under where I stupidly choose to super jump to and timed it perfectly to crush me with their super jump. +10 style points.

EDIT :: Some wording bugged me. Sorry!

Last edited:

FlyingInk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MyTurbo6
I was playing tower control this morning on Bluefin depot. I was on the tower and a member of the opposing team jump on, after a second of jockeying around the post we both fell off at the same time. Right into the water below. Wish I had a video of it. It was classic

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My lamest moments have to be getting pushed off the tower and the side of the map in Tower Control on Moray.

Njok

Bouncer
Happened just on the last match of the splatfest. I can't believe that I set a beacon on saltspray just for someone to fall off the end of the map because he didn't realize it was on the crane.
Lmao. Nice Sol, very nice. At least link me to it if you're gonna gossip about me :D

Yep, that was me jumping in while holding the L button.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
That moment when you super jump DIRECTLY into the middle of a ink strike in it's prime power...
My friend did the same and jumped right into a killerwail.

Seen a derp moment during Splatfest, Moray Towers. An enemy roller came up to our spawn, I confronted him, he jumped, swang the Roller and somehow fell of the tower. '_'

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Lmao. Nice Sol, very nice. At least link me to it if you're gonna gossip about me :D

Yep, that was me jumping in while holding the L button.
I'd knew you'd find it anyway, sorry D:

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
When starting a Turf War in Hammerhead Bridge I took the sideroute on the right and started inking. Halfway through I turned left to ink that ramp back to the central area, and then I moved back pretending to continue through the sideroute. Turns out I remembered a little too late that the road's elbow is a few ways further down the road from where I was. At least my little squiddy had some time to think about that on the way down.

NNID
namine753
I slip off the sides of the walls of Moray towers whilst holding the rainmaker because someone didn't ink that one little spot and if they did, I would be able to swim up but noooooo, slip, fall "WE HAVE LOST THE RAINMAKER, WE HAVE LOST THE LEAD, KNOCKOUT, RANK DOWN, JOIN YOUR NEW SKILL BRACKET"
like, stop.

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
I was playing Tower Control on Moray Towers. The enemy team gets the tower, so I start furiously inking my way up toward their spawn to intercept them, but that whole half of the map seems curiously empty...

Yeah...I think you can figure out how that match ended. xD

FinInfinite

Inkling
NNID
FinInfinite
I had the Rainmaker. I got about halfway to my base before I realized I was going the wrong direction... But that's just a little mistake. There's big things like one day I had 6 wins in a row with over 10 splats each, and then the next day I get pretty much the exact opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom