I'm sick of ________

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
For Rainmaker, it actually makes sense: The goal is not clearly conveyed to the player.

In Splat Zones, before every match, the game tells you, "Control the zones!" These zones are bright and clearly marked, and in Splatoon, "control" almost always means "cover with ink." In addition, a sufficiently-covered Splat Zone in your color will glow in your color with a "pwing!" sound effect indicating you did something good. This can be heard when your teammates do it too, no matter where you are. There are also mid-match messages like "We're in control!" or "We lost control!" Anyone with basic reading skills can figure out what's going on and what to do very quickly: Hold on to the Splat Zones for as long as possible and as often as possible.

In Tower Control, before every match, the game tells you, "Ride the tower!" If this is your first time and you know nothing about Tower Control, you can still identify the tower, and the game just told you to hop on board. The tower will slowly move by itself as the countdown in your team's color ticks downwards. Thus, the goal must be to bring the tower to a particular location. The mid-match phrases say "We took the tower!" or "We lost the tower!," strongly suggesting that your team should hold on to the tower for as long as possible and as often as possible.

But in Rainmaker, before every match, the game tells you, "Make it rain!" What's that supposed to mean? And during a match, the messages don't follow the pattern of the others. They read, "We have the Rainmaker!" or "We lost the Rainmaker!" if you applied the logic of Splat Zones or Tower Control to Rainmaker, it would sound like the goal is to hold on to the Rainmaker for as long as possible when, in fact, the goal is to bring the Rainmaker to the goal. People can easily get the wrong idea, which I'm sure accounts for most people who hoard the Rainmaker and hide (even if the team is behind). But even if you know to bring the Rainmaker to the goal, whose goal is it? People with experience in other shooters may think of Capture the Flag, where you bring the flag back to your own base, which I'm sure is why so many people try to put it onto their own goal.

In short, Splat Zones and Tower Control explain well about what you're supposed to do, but Rainmaker does a poor job at it.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The PAL version at least says "Transport the Rainmaker", so that's a whole deal better at explaining things.

And people should retreat with the Rainmaker back into base if the team has a decent lead and the match is about to end(In about 40 seconds). It's a lame strategy, yes, but it secures your win without risking losing the match in overtime.
If that's not the case then well, that's Rainmaker for you. You just can't carry that mode in Solo Queue because you have to rely so much on your team.

squidkidmaddie

Inkling
NNID
maddiefusion11
im sick of people seemingly not knowing how to play turf wars.

i mean that when people don't seem to look down at there gamepad for an incoming flank, then when that happens crap gets lose and where in danger. then i have to go back to our teams side and ink our territory. i look down at my gamepad and my team is ALL the way at the other teams side, crap. I wish we had voice chat so that i could yell at my team and say "hey, the middle is what counts guys!" ugh.

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
im sick of people seemingly not knowing how to play turf wars.

i mean that when people don't seem to look down at there gamepad for an incoming flank, then when that happens crap gets lose and where in danger. then i have to go back to our teams side and ink our territory. i look down at my gamepad and my team is ALL the way at the other teams side, crap. I wish we had voice chat so that i could yell at my team and say "hey, the middle is what counts guys!" ugh.
Why did't you look at the gamepad and block the flank yourself?

I get annoyed when the other team is so perfectly formed that I hold onto the zone perfectly, get 2 triples and go 13/3, play the objective of holding the zone, and still barely win after a long, drawn out game.

squidkidmaddie

Inkling
NNID
maddiefusion11
Why did't you look at the gamepad and block the flank yourself?

I get annoyed when the other team is so perfectly formed that I hold onto the zone perfectly, get 2 triples and go 13/3, play the objective of holding the zone, and still barely win after a long, drawn out game.
i did. i looked at the gamepad and took my teams quarter. my team just doesn't relies that because they don't look down at the gamepad.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
i did. i looked at the gamepad and took my teams quarter. my team just doesn't relies that because they don't look down at the gamepad.
I've noticed that booyah's when a friend gets splatted is very helpful. It makes me glance at the gamepad to see where a flank is potentially happening. I booyah every time I die just in case my team knows this tactic. Yesterday, I kept getting flanked by a sploosh because no one booyah'd their death.

Reactions: blu

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
The PAL version at least says "Transport the Rainmaker", so that's a whole deal better at explaining things.

And people should retreat with the Rainmaker back into base if the team has a decent lead and the match is about to end(In about 40 seconds). It's a lame strategy, yes, but it secures your win without risking losing the match in overtime.
If that's not the case then well, that's Rainmaker for you. You just can't carry that mode in Solo Queue because you have to rely so much on your team.
I actually disagree two things will happen one the enemy could take the rainmaker (rare but it happens) two if you are really close to your base the rainmaker timer speeds up A LOT I found this out yesterday

I'm sick of 96 gal decos

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Beyond a doubt, that is a hundred times better of an explanation than "Make it rain!"

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
Beyond a doubt, that is a hundred times better of an explanation than "Make it rain!"
I have the PAL version too, my console is set to italian language and it's even more accurate than the english/UK version: "transport the RM to the goal".

The first time I saw the " make it rain" line it was on a YT video, I suddenly realized why so many people got the wrong ideas about that mode

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Yeah, I wonder what the message is in Japanese, as the last time I saw a player in Rainmaker run and hide while the team was behind, the player had a hiragana name.

HerpFish

Inkling
NNID
HerpFish
Watching someone swim through ink you just put down because they are lagging and splat you, only to be stopped in your tracks by the smallest spot of ink from them.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Rising in B- rank, get's pummeled when close to the top.

Also, what's up with inkstrikes on the beacons I place? Like, let me have my brief moment of "behind enemy lines", yo.

adamjoseph

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Adamjosephc
Being stuck in B rank, and not being able to carry my team alone like all the S rankers. I want to be good at something like the rest of you, damn it ;(
I feel ya, man. I just love going home after a hard day of work and punishing myself by playing Splatoon, thinking I make it to B+. Nope.

We'll get there someday.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Mmmm here's some SALT for y'all peeps. ;^)

YA KNOW WHAT I'M TIRED OF???
I'm tired of TC. TOWER CONTROL HAVE SO MANY BLASTERS, I JUST ****ING CAN'T.
AS BEING A BRUSH, I DON'T REALLY HAVE ALL THAT MUCH RANGE but ya know I can deal with 'em here and there, BUT OH MY GOOOOOOD, THE AMOUNT OF THEM IN TOWER CONTROL JUST ****IN' MAKES ME WANNA JUMP OFF THE STAGE BEFORE IT STARTS.
OH AND IN SQUADS... THOSE DAMN SUPER JUMP TEAMS. STOP IT. I KNOW IT'S A GREAT STRATAGY BUT WOW... Y'ALL FLIES. I never seen that before until a month ago and I just couldn't believe this.
All I know is, this made it very very annoying to play TC. This and the Blasters made this mode the worst for me to play.

yOU KnOW wHAT ELSe IS HOrrIBLE. LOSING THE LEAD IN RAINMAKER WITHIN 30-10 SECONDS. BWAHAHAHA- OH MAN, WE KEEP THAT THING SAFE ALMOST THE ENTIRE MATCH BUT THEN SOME HOW IT SLIPS THROUGH MY HANDS AND WE LOSE THE LEAD BY THAAAAAAAAAAAAAT MUCH. I COULD'VE STOPPED THEM BUT I WAS TOO SLOW.

Also overtime... Overtime brings panic to everyone, and drugs into the losing team. Like- some HOW IN OVERTIME, THE OTHER TEAM JUST MAGICALLY GETS GOOD. LIKE AS IF THEY TOOK SOME STEROIDS OR SOMETHING.

I'm tired of Dynamo Rollers. :'^) THEY'RE SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN TO DEAL WITH. OH WHAT DID I GET KILLED BY- OH. THAT THING. OH GREAT IT'S THE ONE WITH THE ****IN' ECHO! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN.

I'M SICK OF HAVING A CHANCE OF A 3 WAY KILL WITH A KRAKEN BUT THEN- THEY ALL JUST DISAPPEAR. IT MUST BE MY BAD EYESIGHT CUS I DON'T SEE NOT ONE AFTER THAT.

Oh and the best thing I hate...
I'M SO SICK AND TIRED OF BEING DISCONNECTED FROM RANKED WHEN WE GOT THE LEAD OR WE WERE SO CLOSE TO WINNING. LIKE??? WHAT?!
Being in S+, I only lose 4 points so I can't be as salty like when I use to lose 10 points, but for real... that's annoying when you're so close to winning BUT THEN WIFI IS ALL LIKE "BWHUAH, I CAN'T HAVE YOU WIN THAT!!!". Thaaaaanks...

Oh wait, the last one... Failing my team. I'm sick of failing my team when it comes to ranked. I feel useless and felt like I'm the one who dragged them down. Sometimes I'm not and I can actually be at the top but... we still lose and it felt like I didn't do enough for them. BUT THEN THERE'S TIMES WHEN IT IS MY TEAMMATES FAULT AND NOT JUST MINE. :'^)

Salt is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom