• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Cephalobro

"I hope the movie starts soon." Kelp says as she is eager to see it.

"I hope so too, and that we will be able to enjoy it without someone ruining the experience for us." Coral agrees with Kelp.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp watch the trivia thing in front of them, hoping that it's short so they can finally watch the movie.

Cephalobro

The movie starts with a typical Turf War scene: two teams of four battling it out, with the credits on-screen and the name of the movie being shown after the cyan team defeats the purple team. It then cuts to a version of Inkopolis Square where the camera seems to focus on 8 Inklings in particular they are looking over and discussing their plans of attack for Camp Triggerfish, 4 from a blue team and 4 from an orange team. The two teams are seemingly unaware of the other, that is until a member from both noticed each other, that being a blue male and an orange female. But before they could do anything, the orange team headed for the Deca Tower for a Turf War match, with the blue team staying behind for now. The blue male is seen talking to his teammates about the orange female, describing her as having tentacles that shine with the sun. His teammates tell him to focus on the match they will play instead of thinking about a random girl not from the team.

"Wow, that's a little jerkish." is the thought that comes up in Coral's mind, thus no one hears it.

The scene then cuts to the orange team battling a green team. The female Inkling who saw the blue male Inkling before couldn't stop thinking about him, but her teammates yell for her to focus instead of daydreaming.

Cephalobro

The orange team barely defeats the green team. The girl is then questioned by her teammates on what happened, she explained that she fell for a guy when they were planning routes for Turf Wars and couldn't stop thinking about him. Her teammates told her that was just a random guy she shouldn't worry about.

"That's a little mean..." a thought comes up in Kelp's mind.

The scene then cuts to another Turf War match, this time the blue team battling a pink team. The blue Inkling isn't able to stop thinking about the girl he saw earlier, but he tried his best to focus on the match, his teammates see that his performance was a little off. He is usually the best in performance, but this time, he wasn't playing his best. He just couldn't stop thinking about her. The blue team barely won that match, but his teammates were a little annoyed at him, telling him that he was a little sloppy when swimming up walls.

Cephalobro

The scene then cuts to the end of the day, the two Inklings who fell in love with one another sneak away from their teams and start to talk about various topics, eventually getting into some personal ones. Neither can't fully able to open up to each other, but that didn't stop them from having a good time. They were about to admit their feelings, but their respective teams called them to return.

"Aw man, they were just about to do it, I'm glad nobody was able to get between Kelp and I." Coral thinks to himself.

"I hope they are able to admit their feelings next time." Kelp thinks to herself.

The scene cuts to the next day, showing more Turf Wars featuring the blue and orange teams against various other teams in different scenes. Then it finally happened, a Turf War match between the blue team and orange team. The match starts and all members of each team get to inking and doing a little combat, but once the two lovers were the only ones not splatted, both of them hesitated to splat one another, and instead moved closer and closer eventually closing into a spot with no ink, with eyes locked onto one another. The two finally close in for a kiss, thus being kicked out of the Turf War for "inappropriate behavior". But they didn't care and were willing to sit this one out, they were finally able to admit their feelings for one another. The next scene shows a sunset, the blue male and the orange female are seen holding hands and heading into the horizon before the credits roll.

Cephalobro

Meanwhile, Coral and Kelp were in tears of happiness for that ending.

"That was great!" Coral says to Kelp.

"They remind me of us in a way, except that my uncle actually encouraged us to get together." Kelp says to Coral.

Both get up from their seats, wiping away their tears of happiness. Their hearts were clearly touched by the movie.

"Hey Coral, can you promise me that we will never separate? I know it may be hard." Kelp asks Coral.

"I promise and will do my best to keep us together forever." Coral answers.

"You mean we will do our best, as I will also do my part." Kelp points out.

The two finally leave the movie theater and return to Inkopolis Square with their smiles still marked on their faces.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Mirage is still out cold, with Hope and Sven quietly panicking since they don't know what caused the electronic Mewtwo-turned-Inkling figure to faint, nor do they know how to help him. Sven attempts to alert Coral and Kelp of this when they return, but the duck can't actually speak. She can only speak quack, so the Octolings won't be able to understand her.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp arrive at the scene and hears Sven's quack.

"What's her deal?" Coral asks.

"And why is Mirage knocked out on the ground?!" Kelp sees the Inkling out cold.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"コーラ!ケルパ!タコが到着。ミラゴはドライブバックしますが、処理中はかすかになります," [Cora! Kelpa! Tako arrive. Mirago drive back, but faint in process,] she says in worry. Wish interjects a bit, as the tentacle colors change. "どのように助け?" [How help?] he asks.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"I don't know, this is something that only Sven could know, but I can't understand her." Coral replies.

"Just in case, we will take him to the medical bay of our neighborhood to find out what's wrong with him." Kelp responds.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Sven quacks at Kalamari Keith, attempting to explain to him that some of DJ Octavio's Octarian army came to the surface and attempted to force Hope back underground with them, only for Mirage to use Aura Sphere and drive them back. The first few did a lot of damage, but afterwards, the Aura Spheres started to dim, the sounds started to lower in pitch, and Mirage was getting weaker. Mirage fired the last one he could muster, since he was getting weaker and weaker with the dimming light and low-pitch sounds. After he fired the last Aura Sphere, the light completely vanished, and the sounds could be heard no more, and Mirage fainted.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope knows the Octarians will berate her to no end for leaving the army, but she still shifts to her octopus forme and enters Octo Canyon, bringing her rings with her. She's what they want, not Coral, Kelp, or anyone else. While there, the Octarians do indeed berate her. "The only friends you have are us and DJ Octavio, and you ditched us. For what, going to 'the surface'? Please. You wouldn't know a pan from a Roller if you tried," an Octoling soldier claims. "You think you're just going to desert us like that? We'll show you not to defile DJ Octavio!" she says. She brings out an Octo Shot, firing it and attempting to get some hits on Hope. Hope dodges a few shots, but gets hit by the rest.

Cephalobro

Using the old phone given to him, Coral calls Frankus for help.

"Hey, we need your help asap!" Coral immediately says. "The Octarians from Octo Canyon got Hope in their grasps!"

Coral and Kelp immediately run to Octo Canyon to help Hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom