• Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
"Squawk! Keith mode?", asks Kalamari Keith.

"Yep, that's a mode where we climb up platforms, ink lines, and try to catch you. You defend yourself by hawking ink at us like you always do in Turf War.", explains Frankus.

"How exactly do we catch Kalamari Keith?", asks Bootlegger Johnson.

"We spray him with ink, then grab him.", explains Frankus.

"Squawk! Sounds like fun! I love it but you'll never catch me with my high speed splashdown technique!", says
1637693503297.png

"Really? Is that something you copied from me when I was turned into a bird by Marie?", asked Frankus.

"Squawk! Sure. I was watch you on TV with Peg Leg Pete.", replies
1637693570408.png

"Well, ok, so let's create some of the stages and we'll start playing these new modes.", suggest Frankus.

"That's fine with me. I think
1637693870995.png
likes the idea too.", suggests Rocket Jeff.

Cephalobro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The stage that the team of four plus their opponents go to now is Blackbelly Skatepark. Coral readies his Octo Shot as he steps into the Spawn Point while Kelp readies her Carbon Roller as she also steps into the Spawn Point.

"Let's do this!" Coral exclaims as he's happy to finally play a normal Turf War match after all the stuff he had to do to help.

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
Back near Urchin Underpass the Hogs have gathered around and have gathered materials to take to the platform lab where work will begin on the platforms.

"Let's see who we have here... well... good. I'll do a roll call and you tell me what you collected.", commands Frankus.

"Inkura", calls Frankus.

"I have collected some steel cables.", replies Inkura.

"Bicycle Mike and Bicycle Pete.", calls Frankus.

"We, Bicycle Brothers, have collected tons of 1x2s which will be useful for creating the platform supports.", replies Bicycle Mike.

"Bootlegger Johnson", calls Frankus.

"So I didn't find much but I did some empty coke bottles.", replies Bootlegger Johnson.

"Hmm... we can probably use those to create rockets and signal the start of the match. Please take those to the rocket lab.", commands Frankus.

"Ok, let's continue. Janitor Steve.", calls Frankus.

"I was cleaning a some bathrooms and found plungers. A lot of them.", replies Janitor Steve.

"Well, good, we can supply the plunger bows with arrows. Good work, Janitor Steve.", remarks Frankus.

"Next, Cucumber Joe. What did you find?", asks Frankus.

"So I was going through my garden and picked up a whole bunch of used water pipes for my irrigation system.", replies Cucumber Joe.

"Good work, Cucumber Joe, we can use these to pump out water from streams and ink for turf battles.", replies Frankus.

"Ink Burglar or shall I say The Ink Burglar. What do you got?", asks Frankus.

"I created a new lab for to create invisible Ink. It's right there.", says The Ink Burglar pointing to the newly constructed building.

"I must say, Ink Burglar, you definitely have an edge in construction! I think we could use your invisible ink in battle. Let's do it! Great work!", replies Frankus.

"Ink Dogg, anything?", asks Frankus.

"I got some mint flavored ink and just rolled an ink blunt.", replies Ink Dogg.

"Ok... we probably could use your ink doughnuts.", replies Frankus.

"Cornhead Comstalk, still growing corn?", asks Frankus.

"I was picking up corn near Blackbelly Skate Park where Coral, Kelp, Mirage, and Hope are battling. I said hi to them and then found a large stack of planks nearby.", replies Cornhead Comstalk showing Frankus a stack of skateboard shaped planks.

"Oh, I think those are skateboards but we could still use them to build some thin platforms.", replies Frankus.

"Hillbilly Jim, still fly fishing?", asks Frankus.

"I found a whole bunch of hooks near Piranha Pit. I assume they're used to lift stuff.", replies Hillbilly Jim.

"Those look like they're large than what we have on the winches of our
1637699364219.png
s. We could upgrade our bikes and install winches on
1637699396128.png
s that don't have them.", remarks Frankus.

"Hong Kong John, what are you kicking over there?", asks Frankus.

"Kalamari Keith keeps messing with me and he's about to be a round house. So, I was practicing in my Bicycle Dojo when I noticed someone was throwing away a whole bunch of metal parts like bolts, pipes, and bearing so I grabbed those.", replied Hong Kong John.

"Good. We could use those. We're running short with all those construction we're had.", remarks Frankus.

"Ok, ok, we're good. So let's build the platform stage first and then the ink line stage. Hogs, we're doing some architecture!", commands Frankus.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Mirage readies his Splat Roller, while Hope readies her Splattershot Jr. They both step into the Spawn Point, ready for the match to start.

Cephalobro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The match starts and both Coral and Kelp start inking the ground before splitting up to cover more turf.

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
Back at Urchin Underpass Frankus and his bicycle gang are building their first bicycle turf war stage.

"Yeah! It looks like we are just about finishing up our platform stage. And it is big!", remarks Frankus.

"A bit too big... it extends way out into the street. Well, at least you made an underpass for cars and truck to pass through. I certainly wouldn't want to fall off of that platform.", says Inkura pointing over to a large platform placed over the street beside Urchin Underpass.

Frankus and his Hogs then begin applying the protective wax over the platforms and wooden structure to prevent damage from weather conditions.

"Shall we make some of the platform uninkable?", asks Rocket Jeff.

"Sure. How do we do that?", asks Frankus.

"Based on what I studied over at the library of Inkblot Academy it can be done by placing a tarp directly over a platform.", replies Rocket Jeff.

"You can go to the library at Inkblot Academy without being a student?", asks Janitor Steve.

"Yes, the library is open for all. They don't care who comes in there.", replies Rocket Jeff.

"I need to get in there to study up on plumbing because I want to be a double certified janitor/plumber.", remarks Janitor Steve.

"Yeah, I want to go back to school because I want to be bicycle engineer.", adds Frankus.

After a little small talk the Hogs get back to work and complete the platform stage. It is checked once more for any defects or untouched areas.

"Looks good.", remarks Rocket Jeff.

"We need some ink to spray under the platforms. Everyone, change your ink color to black, get on the bikes and fill up the area around the platforms. We're going into our first match shortly after!", commands Frankus.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Mirage and Hope split up to ink more turf. The Inkling throws a Curling Bomb, while the Octoling throws a Splat Bomb. "おでまし!" [Appear!] she says as she throws it, chuckling when it explodes.

Last edited:

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
Meanwhile, near Urchin Underpass and at the Trail Hogs new platform course the match is about to begin.

"All right, Hogs, we're doing a 4 on 4 battle. Everyone take their sides and Kalamari Keith, take the center south platform.", commands Frankus.

One team beige is Frankus, Bicycle Mike, Inkura, and Rocket Jeff. Their bikes have been painted a beige color similar to wood. On the other team, team green, the bikes have been painted forest green and the crew consists of Bicycle Pete, The Ink Burglar, Cornhead Comstalk, and Bootlegger Johnson. All are located on platforms on the opposite side of the arena. Cucumber Joe is standing behind the arena and fires his cucumber gun. BOOM! The fight begins!

"Hogs, this is different terrain. We need a new leader. I cannot lead you guys in this one as I have not had much experience leading Trail Hogs on platforms. I appoint the new leader to be Rocket Jeff.

"Me?", asks Rocket Jeff.

"Yes, you're now the new leader of the Trail Hogs until you appoint someone else. This is your chance to prove your strength. You have shown remarkable skill and intelligence in to work through a maze of platforms. IQ is your top skill. Please demonstrate this!", commands Frankus.

"Ok, I'll try my best. Now as the new leader we will follow a new pattern in battle.", explains Frankus.

"What move are you going to have us perform?", explains Rocket Jeff.

"We're going to perform a platform hopping technique called the Bicycle Sky Hopper. In this technique we will bounce around from platform to platform using our back wheels as springs and popping wheelies. Make sure to build up a lot of speed so you don't fall off the platforms during battle.", explains Rocket Jeff.

Rocket Jeff stops to think a minute about how he would handle this type of battle on platforms. He has made many suggestions to Frankus back when he was the leader of the Trail Hogs but it had been only 5 minutes since leadership changed and already it seems like an eternity.

"Come on, think Rocket Jeff.", Rocket Jeff says to himself.

Rocket Jeff thinks some more and remembers the time Frankus and him were shooting bottle rockets in Flounder Heights. Some landed near picnic tables and people had to constantly move in order not to get inked. Yikes, are Rocket Jeff and Frankus really that rowdy?

"Wait! That's it. Everyone over here. I have a number of rocket launchers that you all can use during battle. Consider it the new special. Use it when you want to make sure opposing team members won't get on a platform. Keep them at bay and use your regular weapon.", instructs Rocket Jeff.

Rocket Jeff sees the opposing team approaching and launches a rocket at a platform where Bicycle Pete is about to jump to. BOOM!!! Bicycle Pete and his bike are thrown off the platform to the ink below, however, this ink is a neutral color and has no effect on him. Bicycle Pete and his bike swim over to the platform where his team started.

Just then Cornhead Comstalk throws an exploding corn cob at Rocket Jeff. Rocket Jeff now pop a wheelie with his back wheel and jumps up and down and to the left and right. He missed the corn. Bootlegger Johnson now fires three rockets at Rocket Jeff and his team.

"Ok, Hogs, keep your eyes on the rockets and bounce your bike just as I do. From side to side and in a zigzag pattern. It will make it difficult for the opposing team to target you. Fire at will!", commands Rocket Jeff.

Team beige does this and as a result team green has a very hard time actually hitting the other team. Their zigzagging from platform to platform and firing of rockets and use of their other weapons is just too much.

Rockets hit Bootlegger Johnson and The Ink Burglar as they attempt to jump to platforms closer to team beige. Frankus fires a hedge apple at Cornhead Comstalk.

"What in the name of sour corn?", cries Cornhead Comstalk as a hedge apple gets stuck on his corn hat.

Cornhead Comstalk is then hit in the face by an ink coated plunger that Frankus has fired from his plunger bow and arrow. Cornhead Comstalk and his bike tumble backwards to the ground.

"Fellow Hogs, please remember to ink the ground so that when we get all our opponents on it we can win, ok! For some reason team green is not doing that.", explains Rocket Jeff.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Mirage refills his ink, then throws another Curling Bomb to try and ink more turf. Hope refills her ink, throwing a Splat Bomb. "おでまし!" [Appear!] she says as she throws it, chuckling when it explodes. They both refill their ink, with Hope shooting her Splattershot Jr., while Mirage flings his Splat Roller.

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
Back at the Platform Arena team beige is desperately trying to avoid the Fury of Corn. Corn cobs are raining down everywhere and the kernels are exploding like mini bombs! The bikes are getting thrown back and forth by the blasts.

"Hang on Hogs, we can win this!", yells Rocket Jeff.

"Rocket Jeff, shoot one of your honing rockets at Bootlegger Johnson. He looks like he's about to attack!", suggest Frankus.

"Yes, your bicycleness!", exclaims Rocket Jeff.

"Your bicycleness? You're the new leader now!", exclaims Frankus.

Rocket Jeff shoots a honing rocket at Bootlegger Johnson which causes him and his bike to fall off of the platform the ink below.

"Frankus, please fire a plunger at the Ink Burglar. She looks like she's trying to get us stuck in her invisible ink!", commands Rocket Jeff.

"Man, that stuff should be illegal. How can you see that carp!", mumbles Frankus as he fires a plunger coated with ink at The Ink Burglar's face.

"Omf ah!", cries The Ink Burglar as the plunger gets stuck to her face.

The Ink Burglar and her bike fall into the ink below. Bootlegger Johnson gets the plunger off her face.

"Hmm... it looks like Bicycle Pete doesn't attack.", remarks Inkura.

"Yeah, he doesn't believe in fighting. He just likes to ride his bike. That's just the way my brother is.", replies Bicycle Mike.

"Take him out! Frankus, pie him in the face!", commands Rocket Jeff.

Frankus takes out his pie launcher and can of spray ink from the back of his bike. He takes out an empty pie pan and sprays some ink into it. He loads it into his pie launcher...

Cephalobro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Coral swims up behind a Charger user and splats her before she could fight back against him. This allows Kelp to get to the other team's area and ink as much as possible.

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
"Pies away!", yells Frankus as he launches a pie at Bicycle Pete's face.

"OH CARP!!!", yells Bicycle Pete as he jumps down from the platform onto the ink.

"GAME!!!", cries Kalamari Keith.

The match is now over and the teams shake hands with each other.

"How long can one of these matches last?", asks Bootlegger Johnson.

"They can last indefinitely until we call it off or all team members are in the ink below.", replies Frankus.

"Well, shall we build the ink line course?", asks Rocket Jeff.

"Let's go!", replies Frankus.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Mirage spots a Flingza Roller opponent, and, after shifting to his squid forme to avoid getting hit and falling into his alternate state, then slowly swimming behind them, shifting to his humanoid forme, and bringing down his Splat Roller on them, he's able to splat the Flingza Roller opponent without much worry, if any at all.

Last edited:

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
"Frankus, you have some awesome ideas so I appoint you as the new leader of the Trail Hogs!", commands Rocket Jeff.

"Uh... ok... I do have an idea. Let's build out the ink line arena or we'll call it the Ropes Arena. After that let's go to the pie lab and grab some pie launchers. From there we'll mount the bikes on the ropes and ride over the lines. We'll then attack each other with pies while suspended from the ropes from out bikes in mid air!", explains Frankus.

"Um... some of us don't have the pulley arm mod for our bikes. I think only Bicycle Pete has that attachment. We could go into the pulley lab and get everyone's bike updated for this.", remarks Rocket Jeff.

"Yeah, sure. Bicycle Pete, the pulley arm easy to use on an ink line?", asks Frankus.

"Sure, you just ride up to the line, extend the arm out, and ride! Once we have the new arena up I'll show you!", replies Bicycle Pete.

With that Frankus and his Hogs now head into the Pie Lab which is a long narrow building shaped like a plus signs with four exits on each of the faces.

Cephalobro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Kelp encounters an opposing Clash Blaster, but she manages to splat him before having a chance to be cornered.

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
(I love the Clash Blaster. Too bad I don't have it yet. I'm only level 24!)

Meanwhile, in the Pie Lab Frankus and his Hogs are creating pie launchers.

"We need to follow this design.", explains Frankus as he draws a diagram of the Pie Launcher.

1637855016316.png

"We also need to create some cans of spray ink so we can refill pie pans and launch them. Here is another blueprint just in case you need to make more.", adds Frankus as he shows his fellow Hogs another blueprint.

1637855548936.png

"Well, you are quite the genus!", exclaims Rocket Jeff.

"Yeah, with this we'll be able to launch pies in no time.", laughs Bootlegger Johnson.

"Looks like fun! Let's do it!", exclaims Inkura.

"While you Hogs are working I entertain you with my Corn Dance.", suggest Cornhead Comstalk.

"We would love to see and hear it! Hogs, we're becoming pastry chefs!", laughs Frankus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom