• Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"Thanks, but... I don't know if there will be a Roller on the other team, and if it hits me in the head, I'll slip into that alternate state from before. I'm especially worried about Dynamo Rollers. They're really heavy, and if one of those hit me and I slip, Sven won't be able to help like she did last time. Also, are Ultra Stamps heavy? If so, that's one more thing for me to look out for," says Mirage, genuinely worried that he'll hinder his team again. It may just be one weapon type and possibly one special, but he's still concerned.

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
Inkura and Frankus reach Urchin Underpass on their
1637449014863.png
s. Janitor Steve, Bicycle Mike, Bicycle Pete, Rocket Jeff, and Ink Dogg are all there.

"Hey, fellow Hogs, what's going on?", asked Frankus.

"So we're building the rest our labs and other buildings. I'm trying to program some drones to assemble some of the panels together. So far seems to be working. You see them working there?", explains Rocket Jeff pointing to three drones which are lifting and bolting panels together.

"You installed tool modules like drills and socket wrenches!", remarks Frankus.

"Yes, so far the programming has been an offshoot of the image recognition software that we use in battles. The drones can recognized individual wood and metal parts as well as what a panel is and can be fed the blue prints of a building to construct it. You see, one of the drones manages the project while the other two assemble them. So far we've been able to construct two buildings this morning!", explains Rocket Jeff.

"That's... awesome! Frankus and I just came over here to see if you Hogs want to build a new apartment building for The Ink Burglar and I to live in.", says Inkura.

"Of course, would be more than happy to. We can create insulated panels with an air gap between the outside lamination and insulating cloth on the inside. This would keep humidity out. It doesn't get very cold here, though... as we're tropical.", remark Rocket Jeff.

"We can get furniture from the alleys. There are some that are in good shape.", replies Bicycle Pete.

"I'm totally for it! Ok, I'm willing to bring some stuff from my apartment.", says Inkura.

"We could make the place cozy for you.", mentions Rocket Jeff.

"So will there be a bathroom with a shower? And running water?", asked Inkura.

"Yep, there have to be some PVC pipes around here.", mentions Frankus.

"Well... ok, so I think we can do this. Let's get to work!", commands Inkura.

With that the Hogs begin to scour the city on their
1637458145149.png
s for furniture, shower heads, etc. in order to build Inkura and The Ink Burglar's bicycle apartment.

Cephalobro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
"Well, there is a chance that the other team might not have either of those." Coral explains.

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
Back at Urchin Underpass Frankus and his Hogs are busy building a bicycle apartment building.

"Ok, Hogs, we need to install the shower unit and tiles, from there we'll run lines to get electricity from the nearest inhabited unit.", says Frankus.

"Are we going to have a parking garage four our
1637530337638.png
s?", asked Inkura.

"We can make the first floor for the bikes.", replies Frankus.

"Awesome!", remarks Inkura.

With that the Hogs continue to work on the apartment complex which will not contain a bicycle garage and two apartments. Drywall, insulation, plumbing, and wiring are all gathered from various alleys. Rocket Jeff has programmed some of the drones to carry on these tasks as well, thus, alleviating the Hogs from overwork.

Just then Kalamari Keith comes back with Peg Leg Pete.

"Arr! Arr! Shiver me timbers! What are you all doing working when we should be playing turf war? There are other Squids playing right now! We need to find an empty arena!", exclaims Peg Leg Pete.

"Squawk! We have Urchin Underpass. Why don't we play there? No one is in there.", adds Kalamari Keith.

"I'm for it! We all need to take a break from work. Let's head over to Urchin Underpass... we just don't have a good ref... Kalamari Keith? You up for the job?", asks Frankus.

"I though Kalamari Keith failed a math test once. Can he really calculate how much ink was placed in the arena?", asks Rocket Jeff.

"We're not doing that Turf War thing. At least I'm not suggesting it. We should try something new. Ranked battle, tower control, is cool too but not really for us either. We need something new and innovative for bicycles.", explains Frankus.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"Thanks. Let's do this!" says Mirage. He heads towards Deca Tower, gripping his Splat Roller tightly. Both he and Hope enter the tower, ready for the Turf War.

(Hey, Cephalobro. I'm just wondering, what are your interests? I'm assuming one of them is The Legend of Zelda, but what about that fairy that you had Kelp become in the dream world? Is that part of a fandom, or is it just something you made up on the spot? ....I'm probably annoying you with these questions, aren't I?)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
(That too is based on The Legend of Zelda, more specifically based on the Great Fairies from Hyrule Warriors as those are the ones that attacked the enemies. Another interest I have is Pokemon, and I have an Inktoling character that basically has a similar origin to Kyurem, but he's for a Chaos vs Order story I'm thinking of.)

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
Frankus and his Hogs are now pondering a new type of Turf War for bicycles. It will be in addition to regular Turf War, Tower Control, and Clam Blitz. But what will the new Turf War be called? Frankus is now pacing back and forth with his bicycle.

"Hmm... we have some good building skills... I means we can build stuff.", remarks Frankus.

"You got that right, bro!", says Rocket Jeff.

"What... exactly... are you getting at?", asks Janitor Steve.

"Well, we can build buildings and stuff but what about platforms? We can probably build those too.", remarks Frankus.

"Can we? Hmm... I thought we might be able to. By the way nice job on our apartment building.", answers Inkura.

"Ah, that was for you and The Ink Burglar. We're a team after all... we're The Trail Hogs!", remarks Frankus.

Frankus begins drawing a picture of a new battle arena.

1637637295047.png

"Eh? What is this?", asks Janitor Steve.

"Glad you asked. So this is the new battle arena we can build. It consists of portable platforms placed in water or somewhere equivalent. That could be different color ink, something. Anyways, the goal is to knock your fellow Hog off of a platform into the ink or water below. At this point your fellow Hog can swim back to the lowest Platform and start over. Battle is won when all opponents are knocked into ink or water.", explains Frankus.

"Um, so even if you get knocked into ink on the platform you lost?", asks Janitor Steve with concern.

"No, no, nothing like that. You have to get knocked off of the platform but you can restart as many times as you want. In order to win all of the opposing team must be in the ink or water. We'll do the same 4 on 4 battle and this is where things will get interesting. I do believe this type of battle will be challenging. Our referee will be Kalamari Keith simply because he can fly.", replies Frankus.

"Squawk! I'm bad a math!", replies Kalamari Keith.

"Weren't you in the same school as Cucumber Joe, Callie, and Marie?", asks Frankus.

"Squawk! I always cheated on my math test because I stood on Cucumber Joe's shoulder and looked at other Squid's tests. I wore a visor the whole time so the teacher couldn't see my eyes.", replied Kalamari Keith.

"Arr! Arr! That's my Kalamari Keith! A real punk of a bird!", laughs Peg Leg Pete.

"So anyways, all you have to do, Kalamari Keith, is fly up and see who is on and off the platform.", explains Frankus.

"I would probably fly at an angle away from the platforms so they don't blend in with the ink below especially if they're all covered with ink. Better visual judgement.", suggest Rocket Jeff.

"So what do you all say? We do it?", asks Frankus.

"Sure! I'm for it.", replies Rocket Jeff.

"Why not?", adds Janitor Steve.

"Wait? Can these bikes jump far?", asks Inkura.

"Uh, yes... but now you gave me another idea.", replies Frankus.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(I'd like to see that story whenever you're done with it. Is that okay? Also, since you basically have Kyurem with that Inktoling, what about Reshiram and Zekrom?)

"This is very important, so remember: In order to snap me out of my alternate state when Sven can't help, you have to say 'I release you from your Georgie-Poo state!' Got it?" asks Mirage. ...it's a long story, and one he's not really ready to answer.

Cephalobro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
(The Kyurem of that story is the leader of a neutral party and he's against both extremes, while the Reshiram of the story is part of the Order side while the Zekrom of the story is part of the Chaos side. Also, his Inkling part is the Zekrom while his Octoling part is the Reshiram. The point is to basically play on the stereotype that Inklings are chaotic and Octolings are orderly due to Octolings being Octarians biologically, exceptions do exist for both, which would have some Inklings being on the Order side while some Octolings on the Chaos side. But the rest of the Octarians will definitely be either Order or neutral while the Salmonids will be either Chaos or neutral.)

"Well, that's a weird thing to say, but if it's going to work, then it's what we will say." Coral says.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"It's a long story," says Mirage. Have they heard about alternate dimensions? Regardless if they have or not, the Inkling will be sure to explain everything when they're done.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Coral and Kelp head inside the Deca Tower, both with their weapons ready for another match of Turf War.

"After this Turf War match, do you guys want to go on a Salmon Run?" Coral asks.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"Sure. I'd like to try a shift," says Mirage. Hope wants to do a shift now that she can finally Super Jump. Wish is within, wanting to do a shift, as well.

(Would you like to choose the stage since I just did, Cephalobro? Remember: don't describe everything)

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
"Ink lines!", explains Frankus.

"What? Ink lines?", asks Inkura.

"Yep. Some of our
1637686328153.png
s can ride on this. I mean we were using
1637686510548.png
in Octo Canyon. They can ride ink lines pretty well. So why not install them on our
1637686572715.png
s?", suggests Frankus.

"Yeah, I do remember these. But where did we use them. I remember turning our bikes into
1637686696322.png
. But don't we need to mod the drive train and add a lever?", asks Bootlegger Johnson.

"That is correct. Luckily, we have the pulley lab up and ready. But why do we need this, Frankus?", asks Rocket Jeff.

"So I was thinking to have another area with no platforms and just ink lines. These will be suspended about an ink pool. Anyone could shoot at the ground to color the ink pool to their team's color. From there the objective to knock an opponent or the opposing team into the ink pool which would be of your team's ink color.", explains Frankus.

"Oh, so a similar type of match but with ink lines only.", remarks Rocket Jeff.

"Yes, something like this.", replies Frankus.

1637687275103.png

"Well, that looks really interesting but if you or your teammates fall into the ink how do you get back up?", asks Bootlegger Johnson.

"Simple, the winch on the front of your bicycle. Yes, you must stop, reach over to the front, pull out the winch, and throw the hook up to the line. Once you do that, reel yourself in!", replies Frankus.

"Hmm... so the rules are the same as with platform mode, if all team members are in the ink that team loses?", asks Inkura.

"Yep, yep! That's where Kalamari Keith comes in. He's the judge!", replies Frankus.

"Squawk! I like being the ref but do I get a shot at turf war?", asks Kalamari Keith.

"Yes, Kalamari Keith, we have a mode for you called Keith mode!", replies Frankus.

Last edited:

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
(Would it be ok if you chose some older stages like Urchin Underpass?)

Cephalobro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
(Yeah, I'll choose a Salmon Run stage.)

"Awesome." Coral replied.

"I'll see if I have the courage to face Salmonids again, the Steel-Eel scares me a lot." Kelp says.

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
(I certainly hope you don't recruit Frankus and his Hogs for Salmon Run because he and his
1637689714940.png
s will clobber the Steel Eel. Frankus even managed to take control of the machine in one story I wrote and used it against the Salmonids themselves! By the way, I'm not suggesting to recruit the Hogs, this is just another bicycle joke. The Hogs are fighting in a newly built arena. They're going to try to sell the technology for future turf wars.)

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
(Have you all seen Urchin Underpass? I think it is one of the best stages in the game along with Flounder Heights and Mahi Mahi Resort!)

frankus

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4987-9395-9283
(Cool. But thought I'd mention some Splatoon 1 courses. Played it back in February and I loved them. In Flounder heights you do roof hopping which is cool!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom