• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Cephalobro

"I have no idea what she said." Coral doesn't understand the small Octoling.

"I think she just spoke one of the ancient languages, I'm surprised that she possibly comes from a part that seems to have adopted that language." Kelp guesses.

"Anyways, since it's rude not to introduce ourselves, I'll get it started.", Coral tells Kelp "My name is Coral." he introduces himself to the Octoling.

"And my name is Kelp." Kelp introduces herself as well.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"望む!はじめまして、ケルパ。コーラ," [Hope! Nice meet you, Kelpa. Cora,] The Octoling - now known as Hope - responds. She shakes the hands of the two Octolings, happy to meet them.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"I think I heard her saying 'Hope'. Could be just me imagining things." Coral tries to deduce what the small Octoling said.

"Let's call her that, I don't know whether that's her name or not, but 'Hope' would be okay to call her." Kelp replies to Coral.

"Well, then Hope! Welcome to Inkopolis! If you need a place to ease yourself into the surface world, there's always the Octarian neighborhood." Coral welcomes the new arrival.

"And don't worry, the Octarians in that neighborhood are not the same ones you have been around within the underground." Kelp explains. "They are friendly."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"ありがとう," [Thanks,] says Hope. She then picks up the three rings. Once she has all three, she decides to chat with them some more. "それで、なんでおまえだいすき?" [So, what you like?] she asks them, curious.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"I think I heard her say 'like' when she asked us." Kelp tried to know what the Octoling said.

"That could be a number of different topics! We should really see if some Octarian engineers found a way to translate ancient languages into something we can understand." Coral explained the complexity of just one word they understood. "So, I will go with the safest assumption and tell her what I like."

Coral then turns to the Octoling, "I like video-games, playing ink battles and sometimes working at Grizzco. Oh yeah, almost forgot to also say being able to hang out with my brother who is actually an Octotrooper. I also like Kelp too."

Kelp gets a warm feeling inside after she heard Coral say he likes her, bringing some confidence that they will stay as a couple for the rest of their lives.

"Anyways, I like shopping, putting on make-up, and being with my sister, who is an Octobomber." Kelp says, then quickly says. "And of course, Coral."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"ビデオゲームのように望む," [Hope like video games,] says Hope. She doesn't know what else she might want to talk about, nor what they're referring to when they say 'ancient language'.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"I have an idea!" Coral comes up with a good idea.

"What is it, Coral?" Kelp asks curiously.

"We should introduce her to the Octarian neighborhood, I remember that one of the Octocopters was an expert on languages invented during human times." Coral explains.

"While he might translate what she's trying to say to us, it would be a lot more convenient for something that can translate it on the spot." Kelp tells Coral.

"Well, he might have something like that. Okay, it's decided, we will find a translator and show Hope our neighborhood!" Coral makes a final decision, then tells Hope, "We are eager to show you around the neighborhood!"

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope is glad that she'll get to see an Octoling civilization. What's this about a translator, though? She wants to know, so she follows Coral and Kelp.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(Looks like you left this unfinished.)
(For some reason, the reply thing wasn't letting me type or showing me that I tried to edit that post. I'm on mobile. I've got no idea why it's doing this. What is there to load?)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp leads Hope to the Octarian neighborhood, many tentacled Octarians are seen filling in the cracks of the walls surrounding the neighborhood with cement, finished parts are also being painted on by many other tentacle Octarians. The doors leading inside the neighborhood have just been set up.

"I apologize for the current unfinished state, we have managed to escape Octo Valley just yesterday night, so these guys have been hard at work since last night." Coral explains.

"Yeah, so this neighborhood is kind of dependent on funding by activities done by Octolings." Kelp explains another part.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"どのように望むが役立ちますか?" [How Hope help?] asks Hope. The small Octoling didn't forget the rings, but if she needs to store them somewhere, she will.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Uhh..." Coral didn't understand a word Hope said.

"I didn't understand that either." Kelp replies.

But before long, an Octocopter with glasses descended upon the group.

"Greetings, I couldn't help but hear this Octoling speak Japanese, one of the many ancient languages used during the human times." the Octocopter tells Coral and Kelp.

"Well, do you know what she has said?" Coral asks the Octocopter.

"I wouldn't be known for studying ancient languages if I wasn't able to translate." the Octocopter replies. "Now I believe she said 'How Hope help?'"

"Oh! She wants to know how to help us!" Kelp figures it out.

"Hope do you know the concept of ink battles played as sports? Inklings and Octolings alike participate in ink battles and earn money by playing them, it's also risk-free safety-wise since you will come back when you have been splatted. There are currently 5 types of ink battles: Turf War, Clam Blitz, Rainmaker, Tower Control, and Splatzones." Coral explains. "You can help us by funding the neighborhood, which will help its development."

"There's also a Grizzco shift that you can take, but that's riskier considering you need a co-worker to bring you back after you have been splatted." Kelp talks about Grizzco. "But on the bright side, you can earn a lot from just one shift."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope shifts into her octopus forme, then demonstrates her inability to Super Jump, so she can't do a Salmon Run shift even if she wanted to.

Cephalobro

"That's fine, a few matches of Turf War earns you more than enough money." Kelp sees that Salmon Run isn't an option for Hope.

The neighborhood doors open, revealing an Octohurler with an eyepatch on his left eye.

"Oh, General Anemone! We were showing this new arrival around." Coral explains to the Octohurler.

"As long as you are making the effort for this neighborhood to be funded like what other Octolings are doing, then showing an Octoling around doesn't hurt." the Octohurler says, then introduces himself to Hope, "I'm General Anemone, I was commanding these Octarians as an army to fight a rival army while we were underground, but now I'm the overseer of this neighborhood's development."

"How is the project coming along, uncle?" Kelp asks General Anemone.

"We are almost finished building the final house, I was told that my excavation team, who are entirely composed of Octocopters and Twintacle Octotroopers, has just finished salvaging everything from Octo Valley, or what was used to be Octo Valley anyways, and they are heading over to the house to finish building it." General Anemone explains how the neighborhood project is going. "This fast development is thanks to the advanced tech we brought here to the surface."

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope shifts back to her humanoid forme and greets General Anemone. It seems that these Octarians aren't like..... Sanitized Octarians. She shivers at the thought, then says "望む消えぞ..." [Hope disappear...] It seems that she fears them.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral notices Hope shivering.

"What's with her?" Coral asks.

"This may come from her fear of Octarians, Octolings who didn't personally know a tentacle Octarian tend to be scared when they see one, unless the tentacle Octarian is sanitized." General Anemone explains.

"So, basically, they are afraid of Octarians who have their free will? Even I can see that's a ridiculous kind of fear!" Kelp judges the fear.

"Yeah, an Octarian doesn't have to be sanitized to be good, and they shouldn't be sanitized in the first place! My brother is a testament to that, he just wishes for me to be safe! If that's not a good Octotrooper, then I don't know what to say." Coral agrees with Kelp.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope shakes her head, as she disagrees with what they said by 'fear of Octarians with free will'. That isn't at all what she fears. She fears SANITIZED OCTARIANS. From what she heard back in Octo Canyon, Sanitized Octarians are like zombies. They don't have free will, and their personalities are completely gone. "ごめん。ゾビタコンを恐れることを望むいます," [Sorry. Hope fear zombie Tako,] she says, nervously pointing towards the Deepsea Metro.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom