• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Cephalobro

The Octocopter translates what Hope said.

"She isn't afraid of these Octarians, she's actually afraid of Sanitized Octarians." the Octocopter clears the confusion.

"Oh! In that case, these Octarians in the neighborhood are not sanitized at all. They are just really passionate about having somewhere to live on the surface that they are willing to sacrifice a lot of sleep to get something done quick, after that, they will go to sleep for a much-deserved rest." Coral reassures Hope.

"Hmm, what I said is just a rumor I heard Inklings say, not that it actually was true." General Anemone points out.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope rubs the back of her neck in embarrassment. "申し望むりませんが説明しないでください..." [Sorry Hope no explain...] she says.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"So, she felt embarrassed about not explaining this clearly before." the Octocopter points out.

"It's okay, sometimes our explanations are not clear the first time around." Kelp says to Hope.

"Hey General Anemone, can we get Hope a home in the neighborhood? I promise that she will contribute to its success!" Coral asks General Anemone.

"Okay, if she's up for it, then getting the funds will be the task I give her." General Anemone agrees.

"Oh and take this." the Octocopter gives Hope a box that has a hidden mic and a speaker, "This will instantly translate everything you say into Inkling, there is a switch that will allow you to choose to translate to Octarian, more specifically, the universal language in which both Octolings and Octarians understand. You can keep it in your pocket and the sound will be just as clear. You don't even need to take it out of your pocket to speak to it, it's a fascinating piece of tech."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope inspects the device, finding it very familiar. It looks like a voice box for a plush. Did they rewire everything? But... if the voice box was in the plush, - or, in this case, a pocket - wouldn't the sound be muffled? "待って。お返しにお望むします," [Wait. Hope give in return,] says the Octoling. She searches her pockets, looking for something, finds whatever she's looking for, then hands it over to the Octocopter. It seems to be another voice box, but it doesn't work, as she turns the switch on and presses a button on it, but no sound comes from the speaker. Maybe they can fix it. Who knows?

(The voice box that Hope gave looks like this:
Hoopa's Voice Box.png
)

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"ありがとう。望む戦いを試して," [Thanks. Hope try battle,] Hope tells the Octarians. She doesn't know where Deca Tower is, as she only recently arrived at Inkopolis. Shell, she doesn't even know what weapon she'll have.

(I made her Level 1, as she only recently escaped from Octo Canyon, so no preferred gear yet (Also, I don't know if Splatfest-exclusive gear is obtainable in this RP))

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Remember to use the voice box we gave you so Coral and Kelp can understand you." General Anemone tells Hope.

"Understanding you will be especially important in ink battles in the times where you might want to ask us for help." Coral explains to Hope.

"The Octocopter will not be allowed in the Deca Tower because those who can't respawn are not allowed to participate." Kelp points out. "Speaking of battle, how about we head over to Ammo Knights so we can get you a weapon to enter battle with?" Kelp offers.

"While you get her ready to do some ink battles, I'll get the housing sorted out." General Anemone made sure to have a lot of extra houses for all Octarians who have escaped later, including Octolings.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope nods. "はい、アネモネ様," [Yes, Anemone-sama,] she says. It seems she forgot. She gets the voice box out of her pocket and switches it on, switching it to Inkling in the process. Hopefully, this one truly works like they say it does.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"ピンク!" [Pink!] Hope says without hesitation. Who knows if this voice box works or not? They're about to find out.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

The voice box says "Pink!" in Inkling

"Pink is my favorite ink color too!" Kelp tells Hope excitedly.

"That's perfect, we now have a way to communicate with Hope!" Coral says, also excited.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope is glad this voice box works. But... what if it malfunctions during a match? What if it falls in water and sinks to the bottom? They'll have no way of recovering it or fixing it then. She tries communicating this with Coral and Kelp, so she flicks the switch to have it translate in Octarian. "心配している喉頭がフリッツになったり、水に落ちたりすることを願っています。秋なら、どのように修正しますか?" [Hope worried voice box go fritz or fall in water. If fall, how fix?] she asks.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"That would be very unfortunate." Coral replies.

"Don't worry, though, this one has been newly made and isn't a prototype." Kelp responds.

"Besides that, we have made it especially difficult for it to just fall off because we know how battles can have a lot of movement." the Octocopter points out, "You would have to use a lot of force to get it off like that, and even then, it will only let go if you choose to."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
It seems that Hope's worries about this new voice box were put at ease. "ありがとう。今行きますか?" [Thanks, again. We go now?] asks the Octoling. She seems eager to find a weapon and participate in a Turf War or two.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Yes, we can go to Ammo Knights now." Coral answers the question.

Coral and Kelp start leading Hope to Ammo Knights as the Octocopter and General Anemone return inside the walls of the neighborhood, the doors close behind them.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope follows the duo to Ammo Knights. On the way, she looks towards the Deepsea Metro and shivers in fear. "怖い... 望む消えぞ..." [Scary... Hope disappear...] says the Octoling. It seems that her fear of Sanitized Octarians isn't going away anytime soon, nor will it go away at all.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Disappear?" Kelp asks curiously.

"Hope cleared up that she is scared of Sanitized Octarians." Coral reminds Kelp, "We don't need to worry about Sanitized Octarians here at the surface, where just about any cephalopod carries a weapon. And if the Sanitized Octarians amass an army, we will eventually have ways of dealing with them easily since the safety of that neighborhood is a high priority."

"In our experiences, the Sanitized are more dangerous when they follow someone vengeful, which we have tech to find out." Kelp explains.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"は-はい、消えます... 聞いたことから、タコは無料ではありません... ゾンビのように..." [Y-yes, disappear... From what heard, Tako no free... like zombies...] says Hope. She takes a few deep breaths before entering Ammo Knights. She's actually glad that she explained her fear to the duo. Otherwise, they might think she's afraid over nothing.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Just then a horseshoe crab vendor appears to the three.

"Welcome to Ammo Knights! I'm Sheldon, so if you need anything just call my name and I can get you a weapon." the horseshoe crab introduces himself.

"Which weapon do you recommend for a beginner?" Coral asks the shopkeeper.

"The Splat brand weapons are perfect for beginners." Sheldon answers.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
After hearing this, Hope looks around for any 'Splat' brand weapons. She doesn't quite know where they are, though, so she asks Sheldon, remembering to flick the switch on the voice box to translate what she says to Inkling. "ブキチャはスプラットがどこにあるか知っていますか?" [Bukicha know where Splat is?] asks the Octoling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom