• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

INKLING RP

Serena Inkwell

Inkling Cadet
( Also, Im fine with you joining Virtuoso, just dont have our chatacters do anything. Only have your characters actions. )

Nintenm1

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NintenAlt
Nett wipes the ink from around his eyes and open them back up
"Sneaky, eh?" He looks down for a second, then looks back at Serink. "Alright, sneaky." He sprays her with a bit of ink from his new Splattershot Jr.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
(Do you mind if I join?)

"Hey, you know it's against the rules to-whoa." Ginger, a appropriately ginger gari colored Inkling with pink eyes and fairly tanned skin had her N-Zap '89 waving in the air before she deposited it into hammerspace. Slightly intimidated with the sky blue Octoling, she let her eyes take in the sight before realizing how rude she must look. "Sorry. I'm Ginger Gari, Ginger for short. But it's against the rules to use your weapon within the Inkopolis Plaza borders. See?" She pointed to the nearby no weapons sign. "Someone could get hurt. But you guys can take on some recon and play there, or have a private battle, or-" Before she knew it, she was rambling. "Sorry. I've just never seen an Octoling before. I mean, besides pictures from Turf War History. And you're really tall."

Nintenm1

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NintenAlt
Nett looked at the Inkling who approached them. He felt a little embarrassed because every Inkling should know that you can't use weapons out here, yet he did not know because he never really paid any attention to turf war activities.
"O-oh. Hi, I'm uh Nett."
"I guess I forgot about that sign.. heh." He lied, he never even knew that sign existed, nor did he know how he never noticed it with it sitting out in the open

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
"Hi, Nett. And it's fine. It's sometimes hard to miss the sign. And nobody actually tells the new squids about it. So who's the Octoling?" Ginger looked up at the Octoling before looking back to Nett. "Her Inkbrush looks nice." Ginger wasn't much of a conversation maker, so without help her conversations fell off fast.

Nintenm1

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NintenAlt
"Oh, this is Serink.. I met her here today, actually. I thought I was the only one who's never seen one in person before.."
He scratches the back of his head. "They aren't as mean as they make them out to be, and they smell really, different.. Nice smell, though, I'm not sure if they all smell this way..." Nett felt kinda weird talking about how someone smelled right in front of them, so he stopped talking.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Ginger couldn't help but smile at his words. But it was true. Her senses were average, but she supposed that Serink smelled different. But this was getting awkward. "Serink is a nice name," she smiled at the Octoling. "And I like your tentacles." Ginger unconsciously played with her own, pulled back in a low ponytail to prevent interference. "Um, Nett…I feel like I've seen or heard your name before. Do you battle? I'm B+ myself."

(If your character's name isn't based off Ness I'm going to be disappointed XD)

Nintenm1

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NintenAlt
(Yes, Nett is a play on with Ness and Onett xD)

"Um, no I've actually...never, uh" Nett clears his throat. "Yeah.." His body felt kind of numb from saying that to someone who was almost A rank. He didn't even have a rank. He didn't even know how to aim and shoot properly.
"I've never really been in any matches before. Couldn't afford my own weapon, and my mother lost all of hers in an accident.."

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
(Yes, Nett is a play on with Ness and Onett xD)

"Um, no I've actually...never, uh" Nett clears his throat. "Yeah.." His body felt kind of numb from saying that to someone who was almost A rank. He didn't even have a rank. He didn't even know how to aim and shoot properly.
"I've never really been in any matches before. Couldn't afford my own weapon, and my mother lost all of hers in an accident.."
(Oh cool :) I bet you can't guess what mine's based off of XD)

"Oh, um, okay. Sorry." She could tell that she was making Nett uncomfortable, and that made her feel the same way. "You should try sometime. You too, Serink. They're really fun. And to be honest, I'm kind of just trying to not rank down. B ranks are hard. And I have lots of coins I'm hoarding. I can get you something other than your Jr. Once you get fresh enough, that is." Ginger looked backward at the mingling Inklings. For what seemed like no reason at all, she could feel her face getting really hot. "I could teach you squids-and octopus-the ropes. Except I suck at explaining things." She smiled awkwardly before staring down at her Blue Moto Boots.

Nintenm1

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NintenAlt
(I have no idea what Ginger Gari is :( is it something video game related that I should know?)

Nett tried to act cool, but failed terribly, as his eyes grew bigger and a big smile was stretched across his face. "I-I mean, only if you want to. You don't have to. I'm sure you have other people you could hang out with that are much better than I am at turf wars and ranked battles."

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
(It's the full name of that pink stuff you eat with sushi. I found it out a couple months ago and decided to name one of my inklings that. And when I joined Squidboards, I decided to use it as my username :))

Ginger looked up and grinned at Nett. "I won't mind. I do need a break from the stress of ranked. And I'm by myself today. Everyone else is out of town for the holidays. And besides, I like being with newbies. I tend to carry the team when the rest of team is full of them, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon. You'll never know until you try, right?" She glanced at Serink before looking at the lobby. "C'mon! You too, Serink. It'll be fun, I promise. I mean, you guys do know the basics of turf war, right?"

Nintenm1

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NintenAlt
(Oooo okay. Sounds delicious :P)

"Well, I dunno about Serink, but I've barely done anything in terms of this type of thing. The only thing I've ever done was try out the Dynamo Roller my older brother used, but it was waaaaay too heavy for me.. I know I'm a wimp" Nett stopped for a second, and then continued on. "But I've also tried the Carbon Roller when Sheldon released it in his shop a few months ago. Other than that, no.."

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
(It tastes kinda weird, like um something pickled. I like it. I haven't had sushi in a while, tho so I can't remember the taste too well)

"Well, we all start somewhere. Well, I had practice when I was a little squid, so I guess it sort of doesn't apply to me." She smiled. "I'm not a roller person, but you might. And you're not a wimp, Nett. The Dynamo series are heavy for just about everyone. The bigger squids might have an easier time with them. Anyway, we can go to the lobby before it closes. Ever since the Great Zapfish disappeared, the city's being extra careful about energy now." She tipped her hat and stuck out her hand. "Serink, if you don't want to practice you can wait by Judd's crate. He may be the judge, but he's great company."

(Does this take place sans or pre the Great Zapfish getting squid napped?)

Last edited:

Nintenm1

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NintenAlt
(I'm not sure if it takes place before or after :L)

"Alrighty.. Let's go, then." Nett looked back at Serink, "I'll see you later, and thank you again for this" He raised the splattershot jr in the air. He didn't really care what other people might say or think seeing him use it, he was just happy he finally had something to use.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
(Let's pretend its after and if it's not I'll edit it)

"Bye, Serink!" Ginger waved. Then she grabbed Nett's hand. "Let's go." She started walking to Inkopolis Tower, pulling Nett behind her. "And nice Jr. Newbies and experts alike use it for it's high fire rate and decent attack, plus it's kit. You know what it comes with, right?"

Serena Inkwell

Inkling Cadet
Serink looked at her, then went into octo form and back into humanoid form beside ginger. "At least let me join. I havnt had fun here in a couple years." She kept her sight forward, her expression serious.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
(She's alive! XD :P)

Ginger was caught off guard, her grip on Nett loosening. "Um, sure. Okay." Being around Serink made her slightly nervous because of what she thought she knew about Octolings. But she would not let a simple Octoling shake her. "I can open a private room if you want, unless you want to battle with other Inklings. Either one's fine with me, but I'll have to change my gear." She pulled the hairband from her tentacles and shook them loose. "Ready?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom