Inkopolis: The Time Mix-Up (IC Thred)

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler, who was in the bathroom brushing his teeth, frowned at Laura's comment. Jeez, what's her problem? She started to act like an giant inkhole out of nowhere.
He thought while finishing. Exiting the bathroom, he took off his Squid Nordic, reveal his hair, and sat down on the floor. "Zerul. You mentioned something about introducing our full identity. In that case, do any of you two wanna go first?" He asks to the other two Inkling teens.
@Ikaheishi @Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul looked over at Laura. wondering if she was going first. "I should probaby go last...as my story you all might not believe right away."

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@VeryButter
"Location: New Inkopolis Plaza. Destination: New Inkopolis Local Laboratory."
Without waiting for a response, the robot quickly drug Magabelle straight there.
Upon arrival, the two were greeted by an inkling who was working overtime.
"Uh huh. Another one, huh?" He started. "Well. That's no problem."
He snagged a chair for each of them and sat both of them down.
"So, let's start with the basics. What's your name? Where are you from... WHEN are you from even... Uh... How old are you, and what's the last thing you remember?" The scientist asked.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
@silly979
Another one? What?

"Uh..." Magabelle shuffled in her seat, a little wary of the inkling, "I'm...Magabelle, I'm from Inkopolis, and I'm somewhere in my fourties...about mid, if I remember correctly."

Magabelle shot a stray glance at the door. "...I was in the Squid Sister's old studio last I remember."

"The...robot said something about being in 'New Inkopolis'. What did it mean by that?" She seemed hopeful about something, even though she didn't understand the situation that clearly right now.

Last edited:

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Laura got up when she heard Tyler enter the room.

Apparently, Zerul thought his story would be hard to believe and, as a result, that he should go last. “Aww… You don't have to be so shy.” she said, ending with a comforting smile.

“Well… if you want to go last… then I guess I should go first!” Laura let out a little giggle.

“So, I'm Laura. I… uh…” This was harder than she had expected. She took a deep breath to calm herself. “I like drawing, and my friend Zoe likes it when I sing.”

A sad look could be seen on Laura's face for a moment, before she continued on. “I live in Inkopolis… in what I know as 2017, but… I don't know if that means much to you.” She paused for a moment, trying to think of events that others might know of.

She then thought of something, but it wasn't really anything major. “Uh… A few years ago the Great Zapfish took a break or something, and…” Laura was grasping for another event to mention to the two boys, when she realized she knew an event that would place her time. “Oh! The Great Turf War happened a century ago.”

She struggled to remember the details her history teacher gave what was, from her perspective, just last week. “My time is… 99 years after the war ended. They're preparing an extra special celebration for the 100th anniversary next year.”

Laura realized she still hadn't introduced herself much at all. “I—Uh… Also like listening to music, especially the Squid Sisters!” She said quickly, failing to consider that the boys might not know what she is even talking about.

“And some of my artwork was featured in a show at the Museum d'Alfonsino. If you went there, you might have seen some of it!”
Laura's eyes were closed and she had the biggest smile on her face—until she remembered what happened just a few days before that art show. Laura let out a short sigh, and shivered for a moment.

She finally looked at Tyler, with a cold stare of suspicion. “And by the way, don't you be getting any ideas.” Clearly, Laura did not think Tyler was entirely trustworthy. The expression on her face would let anyone know that.

@MacSmitty @Zerul

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler gave Laura a look of indignation. "Your the one who isn't suppose to be getting ideas!" He replies angrily, shaking. "I don't even know what I did to you and you've been acting like an massive inkhole to me ever since we got here!" Facepalming in order to get himself from saying really stupid he took in a deep breath and exhaled.
"
You know what? Splat it. I just introduce myself too. As I said before, I'm Tyler Aquatic, a boy with anxiety and muscle spasms." He starts off, twitching.
"
I come from a time where The Great Zapfish was taken, likely 2 years ago from Laura's time. I was Agent 7, one of the Agents tasked by 1, 2 and Captain Cuttlefish to get the Great Zapfish back. Some of the missions lead to me getting my high anxiety, like one where I literally had to play 'The Floor is Water'."
Sighing he finishes by saying "
Today was suppose to be my day off, where I was going to some ranked battles, and practice singing, but I got sucked into that wormhole and here I am, in the future. Now Laura, I'm really sorry for whatever I did to ink you off, now can you please stop giving the cold shoulder?!" He says stretching his hand towards her, waiting for a truce handshake.
@Ikaheishi @Zerul

Last edited:

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Laura was surprised by Tyler's outburst.

As he introduced himself, she could see his shaking and twitching. Laura felt really bad now.

She looked down in embarrassment, “I guess we kind of got off on the wrong tentacle…” She thought back to where this conflict started. “I realize now that… Your sharing beds question was an honest mistake.” She took hold of Tyler's outstretched hand and gave it a firm shake while she spoke. “I'm sorry.” She let go, and then suddenly wrapped her arms around him in a big hug. “Really… I'm so sorry.” Tears started to drip down her face. She was so ashamed of herself, making the assumption about Tyler that she had.

When she released her tight grip on Tyler, she then remembered something Tyler said…

“Um… Who is Captain Cuttlefish?” she asked. “That name sounds a little… familiar…”

@MacSmitty @Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul waited as they made amends then he stands up. He walks over to the TV and looks at it. "I come from the Age before Inkling...Two thousand years or so. I was created by the race you all know as Primitive. But yet you are further from the truth. They were just as advanced as you were at the time the worm hole opened up. I was build in a laboratory for the purpose of rebuilding Humanity after the Calamity that would talk all of there lives. I sat in space attached to a satellite watching. due to a malfunction i was unable to complete my job. thus falling back to a backup program of self preservation." He puts his hand on the TV and it turns on showing earth before the Calamity. It shows the events that transpired. The ocean took over all the land leaving nothing but blue. he speeds up the video and it shows the new earth emerging from the receding oceans. "Due to an unforeseen lack of RCS management i ran out of fuel and had to eject to the planet. Upon landing i noticed that there was intelligent life. Thus i did what i could to better improve my survivablity. I created this fleshy form so that i can live among the inkling without issue. At the time i awoke the Zapfish had just made its return. but a few days later. Octarians showed up looking for a place to live. After some time they were allowed and a bill was passed. It sounds like a similar one was passed in this time but it was named diffrently. so i wont question it too much." It starts to show various clips of when he was an inkling "I had friends who loved being with. I enjoyed Turf wars to no end and was known for my ability to suppress a large portion of the battlefield. Thats my story." He moves away from the TV revealing the wires that connected him to it. The TV shuts off and the wires go back into his arm.

@Ikaheishi
@MacSmitty

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Laura stared at Zerul in surprise and amazement of what she thought was an insane prank.

When the footage started playing on the television, she began to realize that he was neither mad nor pulling some kind of crazy prank. When he finished and moved away from the television, she could not help but see the wires extending from Zerul to the television, and how they retracted into him.

All of this was too much to bear—Laura fainted from the sheer shock of what just happened in front of her, hitting the floor with a thud.

@MacSmitty @Zerul @silly979

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler let out a surprised sound at Laura hugging him, and with hesitation patted her head, saying, "Apology accepted."
Listening to Zeruls story, he gave him a doubtfull look, until he saw wires come out of his body. "
Whoa..." he commented, amazed, but was snapped out of it when he heard Laura fell.
@Ikaheishi @Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul flinched when Laura fainted..."I guess...she wasn't ready to see that." he walks over to her and picks her up before moving her to her bed. "I guess we should call it a night."

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Ok..." said Tyler, looking at Laura on the bed, resting, or still knocked out. Heading to a bed, he saying, "Well, good night Zerul."
And with that, he fell asleep. @Ikaheishi @Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul nods and gets in the other free bed and sleeps till dawn

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@VeryButter
The scientist gave his notes a good look through before finally looking back to Magabelle.
"There's been some confusion on that among the others who have been forced here... Have you met any of them? Probably not. Anyhow, I'll arrange a place for you to stay at temporarily. If you would follow me, please," Continued the scientist forgetting about Magabelle's question. He led her out to the parking lot where a shiny red car waited. As they approached it, the doors suddenly slid open, awaiting for them to take their seats. Soon after they were both strapped in, the car was airborne. "There's a nice apartment near here.... OH! There it is!" Said the scientist as he began to land the car at the nearest skyport on the 456th floor. The building itself looked fairly pleasant and the inside of the apartment building looked even better. Pretty soon, Magabelle was a registered guest of the Seahorse Plaza in room 8957. The room was fairly standard, something that high-ranking business official in present time would be living in. "If you need anything, call this number." Said the scientist, who handed Magabelle a number for the Lab's office. With that, he left the room, leaving Magabelle to attend to herself in what was probably paradise for her.

@MacSmitty @Ikaheishi @ Zerul

Upon hearing a thump in their room, Sue immediately left her work downstairs to investigate. All she found were the two boys sleeping soundly and Laura having a nice snooze on the floor. "Silly girl, the floor's not for sleeping on." Sue exclaimed as a knee-high robot made its way into the room, scooped her up and gently placed her on the last unoccupied bed. Sue tucked her in without disturbing her and proceeded to turn off the lights. She looked at the three children sleeping soundly and smiled as she and the robot left the room.

Finally satisfied with her work for the day, Sue takes her time to log the happenings, like any other great scientist would. When she finished, she uploaded it to the uplink server and hopped into her own bed to catch a much needed rest.

@Rustic @VeryButter @MacSmitty @Ikaheishi @Zerul
[Incoming Upload...!]
<Data Log #2>

We never anticipated that the rift was actually a time hole. We didn't receive destruction and pain like most citizens thought we would, but instead, we received quite a few new citizens. Who knows how many more might have come while we weren't looking... Who knows how many are on the way. All We really know is that if they want to go back, we as a whole will have to combine our collective efforts to make sure it happens. I'm not entirely certain how long it will take... All I know is that if there's a will, then there's a way, and trust me, we'll find that way!

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
@silly979
Magabelle spent quite a few moments staring at the door which she had entered, and the scientist had left through. Everything that had just happened...it baffled her. Where was she? What was the thing that brought her here? Why are there so many floors in this building??

After a few more seconds, she closed her eyes, sighed, and sat down...on the floor.

She opened her eyes after a minute, looking around the room she was in. It was much better than her previous residence...clean, intact furniture, working lights, and probably a bed somewhere too. It was luxurious compared to an old, abandoned city.

Magabelle lied down, staring up at the ceiling and laughing softly. Hah...I never thought I'd find myself staying anywhere other than the city again. The floor was comfortable. Soon enough, she dozed off in the middle of the room, a smile on her face.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Laura began to awake. With her eyes still closed, she stretched out in place and let out a big yawn. “What a weird dream.” Laura shifted over to the side of the bed and sat up, letting out another yawn in the process.

She finally stood up. Laura tried to open her eyes, but they just weren't ready. She made her way towards her bedroom door, eyes half-closed.

“Hmm… I wonder what Penelope is making for—”
Wham!

This wasn't Laura's bedroom—she had just crashed right into the divider. Out cold, Laura hit the floor once again with yet another loud thud.

@MacSmitty @Zerul @silly979

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul bolts up as the divider was hit. He hears something else hit the floor and he quickly moves over to see Laura out cold. "o..k.." He checks her and she seemed to be fine. He picks her up and puts her back into bed. He rubs the back of his head and figures she would be fine and goes to do his morning routine.

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
As the sun started shining in, the room lit up. Sue slowly rose up, getting her bearings together. Moving through her morning routine, she inevitably gets herself dressed in her classic lab coat which was in more need of a wash then she could have imagined. Of, course, this didn't stop her from simply not caring. Once she was all ready to go, she started for the children's room before hearing a thud. A tad worried, she burst into their room.

@Ikaheishi @Zerul @MacSmitty

"Wh-What's going on?"
She said, a bit shocked, but when she saw Zerul lifting Laura off of the floor, she placed two and two together. "Well, anyways, you all had better hurry up. There's a big day ahead of us... Lots of work to be done." Sue said as she left the three to get ready for the day ahead.

@Rustic

Bright and early in the morning, a loud knocking was heard on the door to Shen's apartment. Without waiting for a reply, Dr. Octavski unlocked the door herself using the spare key that was issued to her without Shen's knowledge. Finally finding him, she shook him like mad attempting to wake him.
"Wake up! Wake up! Today is going to be busy!"

@VeryButter

The same scientist from before knocked on her door and politely let himself in. Scouring the room for her, he found Magabelle snoring away with her head facing the ceiling.
"Excuse me, miss. But it's time for us to depart. I'll explain some more on our way there." He said, nearly shaking Magabelle to death.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@silly979

Shen woke up instantly, instinctively slapping Dr. Octavski in the face. "Get off me, you foolish Inkling!" He yelled at her angrily. Before he looked around the room, realizing she wasn't an Inkling and that he was in an apartment thousands of feet above land.

"Oh... Uh... Sorry about that." He said sheepishly, rubbing his head. "Well, what's this about anyway? What's this "busy day" going to be consisting of?" Shen asked, still somewhat worried about her reaction.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
@silly979
Magabelle shot up in almost an instant, pushing the scientist away at the same time. She blinked her eyes open and stared at him.

"...that was some unnecessarily violent shaking," she sighed, pulling herself up from the floor, "You should be a bit more careful on how you wake people up. I almost thought the police came to Inkopolis."

Magabelle crossed her arms. "So where are we going?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom