Inkopolis: The Time Mix-Up (IC Thred)

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler, who was waking up slowly jumped at the thud he heard. Shaking and twitching he looked around frantically, "What!? Are we being attacked or something?! ...Oh..." he says noticing Laura on the floor, again.
While getting out of bed, he watches Zerul place her on the bed, thinking Man, she must be made of glass... "Morning Zerul." he greets, tending to his morning duties only to stop and wonder, Wait. How does a thing like Zerul even get headaches, or even needs sleep?!
@Ikaheishi @Zerul @silly979

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul returns from the bathroom and sees Tyler sitting outside the bathroom deep in thought. "Your turn i guess...and what you thinking about?" he moves out of the way of the bathroom so Tyler could go in.

@MacSmitty

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Rustic
Dr. Octavski rubbed the side of her cheek, but she managed to overcome the pain. She sighs as she says, "Follow me, and I'll tell you on the way." After walking to the Sky-Tram station in the building, it didn't take long for the early 6:00 AM Tram to reach the station. "I thought we'd have to wait for the 7:00 AM one, but you woke up quicker than I expected." Pretty soon, they were on their way to a rather large dome with many large plasma screens attached to it. A sports arena perhaps? Upon closer inspection, there's a rather large sign in front of the entire building that read "Convention Center."
"There's going to be an assembly today. Every scientific mind in the area's coming together to try and make a plan on what to do. Most likely case scenario, you'll have to live here for a few months or something and assimilate into our culture. I don't think you'll have any problems with that." She said as the Sky-Tram landed within a rather large station with even more ports for Sky-Trams to land in. "Stay close. Don't get lost." She said leading him through the crowd of scientists.

@VeryButter
The scientist apologized to Magabelle. He didn't mean to upset her. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but you're needed at an assembly right away!" He said, leading her out the door and to the car, they didn't drive very far before a large dome became visible over the horizon.There was a large sign in front the read "Convention Center." Landing the car in the parking lot, he swerves through the sea of scientists, towing Magabelle behind him. "Man... I hate conventions."

@Ikaheishi @Zerul @MacSmitty
Sue opened their door by just a crack and called out, "Are you children ready yet? We've got to hurry or we're going to be late!"

@Chaos_Knight
Another Worm-Hole opened up just beside New Inkopolis Tower. Chaos fell out just as fast as it opened. At that very same moment, a pair of travelling cannon salesmen were passing by with their luxurious cannon capable of launching an inkling halfway across the world. Chaos just so happened to fall into it, and was launched. By sheer luck, though he landed right on top of the scientist who was leading Magabelle. "Ugh.... Not another one...." He said getting his bearings together. "Alright, well, you'll have to come with us." He said as a few robots flew in to help guide them and kept them from straying from the path, preventing anyone who tried. It seemed the only way forward was into the Convention Center.... Or at least.... that's what the big sign called it.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"Nggh...ugh..ah...huh?" Chaos stumbled awake and the first thing he sees are robots. "W-What the??!" He jumped, surprised by the mechanical beings. The Inkling grabs his backpack, tempted to take out his Octoshot Replica in case they were hostile. He looked around the area to find himself in an unfamilar place, yet gave him a vibe as if he never left Inkopolis. He then notices the scientist. "Where am I and who are you???"

@silly979

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"Huh...?" Chaos tilted his head in confusion as he slings his backpack around him. "Too late for what???" He asks as he follows the scientists.

@silly979

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@silly979

Doing as she said, because he didn't feel like getting lost in an unfamiliar city. "What's this all about? Me and that group of kids falling from the sky into your city?" Shen asked, looking around the group of scientists surrounding him.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler jumped at Sue's urgent voice, and hurried washed himself, brush his teeth, and tool a quick shower.
Putting on his Squid Nordic, Green Zip Hoodie, and slipping on his Green Slugs, he tells Zerul a quick "Nothing..." though it wasn't convincing at all.
Hurrying over to Laura he starts shaking her repeating, "
Laura wake up! Sue wants us to get ready soon!"
@Ikaheishi @Zerul @silly979

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul shakes his head figuring he wasn't trusted yet. He quickly gets ready to go. even though he didn't have anything else to change into. once he starts shaking Laura he shouts at Tyler. "You trying to give her a heart attack!"

@MacSmitty

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Rustic
She laughed. "What else would an emergency assembly be called over? The Super-Supermarket being out of stock of High-Resolution Monitors?"

@Chaos_Knight
While they were walking, the scientist spoke to Chaos. "It's an assembly about... you, and the others that were brought here through the time rift." The scientist explained.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Tyler immediately stopped shaking Laura, as she was still out cold. Turning to Zerul, he replies "I wasn't shaking her that hard! I was just trying to wake her so that one of us wouldn't have to carry her!"
Frowing, he looked down at his shoes. "
Though from the looks of it, one of us is gonna have to carry her..."
@Zerul @silly979 @Ikaheishi

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"Time...rift....? I thought those things were impossible and you would only see in the movies." Chaos's eyes widen upon hearing he's not the only one. "Wait, others???"

@silly979

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Chaos_Knight
"That's right." He says, motioning to Magabelle. "Just like her, there were a few others that were sent here through a rift that mysteriously opened a week ago.... I think. Anyways, they all came from the past, so we concluded that it was a time rift."

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( @silly979 ))

"Well, honestly, I would like there to be some context before I get dragged off to who-knows-where-this-is." Shen replied plainly, not really bothering to laugh with her 'joke'.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sighs. "I think its unavoidable. i will do it as you seem a bit too twitch to handle her gently." He walks over and picks up Laura gently carrying her like a prince would carry a princess. (no clue what that carrying position is called. she is basicly infront of him her head supported by his right shoulder her back by his right arm and her legs by his left arm.

@MacSmitty
@Ikaheishi

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"From the past...?" Chaos glanced over at Magabelle, seeing her dressed in similar fashion to his time. "Ugh...this is so hard to get my head wrapped around. The last thing I remember was jumping into Octo Valley..." He holds in his head with his hands, trying to get things together.

"I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm Chaos."

@silly979
@VeryButter

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Watching Zerul carry Laura in a princess/bride carry style, Tyler briefly considered warning Zerul that based on Laura's personality, she might do something irrationally if she woke up being carried like that but decided not to.
Heading out the door and holding it in order for Zerul to pass through with Laura he calls out Sue. "Hey Sue! We're ready to go... where ever we're going."
@Zerul @silly979 @Ikaheishi

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Zerul @MacSmitty @Ikaheishi
Sue, who was standing right next to the door covers her ears. "I'm right here! No need to shout! Anyways, come this way, please." She says, leading them towards the garage. "Oh, and here, before I forget..." Sue takes out tiny tablets, each with even tinier labels that would have required a microscope to read. "Chew on these, it's breakfast." Sue said giving each of them a tablet, then popping one in her mouth her self. Each tablet contained the taste and nutrition of a complete breakfast. Yum! When they finally reached the garage, Sue made sure each of them was strapped into the car, they once again took flight. After about 15 minutes, the dome labeled Convention Center came into view. They flew towards an opening in the dome labeled V.I.P. Parking. Sue had to show a guard her badge and the gates opened. The inside of the garage was painted in bright colors and a table with free beverages was placed neatly next to the door. They only walked for a total of 5 seconds beyond that door before reaching a set of doors to the Convention Hall.

@Rustic @VeryButter @Chaos_Knight
At that very same moment, Dr. Octavski arrived with Shen, giving him a breakfast tablet and explaining what it was as they approached the large doors. The unnamed scientist did the same as he arrived with Magabelle and Chaos.

"Thank you, both of you. I'll take them from here." Sue said motioning for the new arrivals to follow her. Dr. Octavski pushed the large doors open and the view inside was incredible. For miles, all that was visible was a sea of white from everyone's lab coats and a large stage in the center, with a conference table on it. Sue led everyone through the sea of scientists and up the stage, where an inkling wearing sunglasses and a lab coat that was far cleaner than Sue's was reclining with his feet up on the table. "Yo." Was the greeting he gave to them. Sue simply rolled her eyes and helped everyone from the past take their seats along with some other rather important scientists. It took some time for the last few people to arrive, but once there was a full house, the lights dimmed and a spotlight was placed upon center stage. The inkling who looked too cool for school took his feet off of the table and walked towards a microphone placed just in front of the stage's edge. "Yo." Was the first thing he said to the crowd, which was followed by several "ugh's" and "Woo's" from the female audience. "Alright... You all know me, Joe Inferno, head of sciences in New Inkopolis. But do you know them?" Joe said in his slow, but smooth voice. The crowd had mixed responses. "That's fair enough. These fine folks are our visitors from the past, they all came from that swirly vortex thingy."

"Rift!" Called out a scientist from the conference table.

"Sure. Let's go with that." Joe said. "Anyways, there are a couple of reasons for this assembly. First order of business is to explain in detail where they are and who we are, the second is to figure out what they'll do before we get each of them a ticket home, and finally we'll start brainstorming a way TO get them a way home." Joe said as he looked towards Sue expecting her to do something. Sue looked at him like he was crazy, since she couldn't tell what it was that he wanted her to do. The two sat in silence, staring at each other before Joe finally chimed in. "Ahem... Step number one... Please?"
Sue blinked, processing his request. "OOooooooh! Why didn't you just SAY so?" Sue said as she got up and walked towards the microphone. That's when she realized how many eyes were focused on her. She gave an audible gulp followed by a nervous look. She cleared her voice then turned to the visitors from the past.
"W-Well.... Wh-where do I start...?"
"With the date, maybe?"
"O-Oh. Sure... Uh... Today is the 13th of Inktober. The year is 42,876. I don't know the dates that each o-of you c-came from.... But.... Uhm.... I'm s-sure that is
q-quite a shock.... A-Anyways... Things here must be really advanced for you a-all.... Uhm... Not to worry, I'll m-make each of you a g-guide book later. Regardless, t-this is New Inkopolis... I-It was built over the old one after the Turf-War a-accident...."
She paused for a second, then continued. "Everyone here i-is really n-nice. I-I'm sure each of you will enjoy your t-time here." Finished, Sue stood there visibly sweating as she didn't know what else to say. That was when Joe took the microphone from her. "I couldn't have said it any better myself." He said as Sue slunk away, back into her seat. "We should move onto Step Two.... Hmmm.... Oh!" Joe started excitedly. "Why don't each of you tell US what you want to do for the time being. You're welcome to stay in the current lodgings each of you already have or we can move you. Then there's the issue of what each of you are going to do in your spare time... Maybe some of you want to help us get you all home, or some of you want to find a job... Who knows, but why don't each of you tell us so we can know." Joe said to the visitors of the past.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
"E-Excuse me, did you just say the year is 42, 876???" Chaos's eyes widen in even more shock that he was even WAY into the future than he initially thought. He began to think of how all this is real and the fact that every person he knew from his time were dead now. "I-Isn't there a way to get us home? Like can we just find these rifts and jump back where we came from?"

@silly979

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom