• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Kirby Social Thread

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I also have been playing Kirby's Dreamland 3 lately and I can totally see why a lot of people enjoy the game! The style is super cute and the gameplay is really fun but a bit challenging. Def. one of my top favorite Kirby games now! Gooey is really cute too <3. I wish they'd bring back the animal friends.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I like Nago the cat the best :D SQUISH DA KIRBY

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I like Nago the cat the best :D SQUISH DA KIRBY
Well on the Japanese Kirby wiki it does call Kirby "Soft and Squishy"!
Nago's probably my second favorite so far while Pitch and Chuchu are tied for first!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Be sure to do all the little side-quests! What happens when you do is very memorable :)

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
I miss Air Ride a lot. If I'm gonna reach back to when I was a child, the track design was really fun, music was good, and the vehicle options were really really diverse. I wish this mixture of different Nintendo racers was still a thing, instead of Mario Kart taking the spotlight. Not that Mario Kart is awful or anything, it's actually great on the Wii U; I just want that Gamecube variety again (Air Ride, F-Zero GX [holy **** what a thrill but wrong thread], Wave Race [rest in peace], etc.)

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Be sure to do all the little side-quests! What happens when you do is very memorable :)
Oh yes I am! The side quests are the ones where you get the heart stars right? I'm making sure to get all of them done, but I want to leave one until the end so I can see if it has two endings based on completing everything and not completing everything. Sadly, I have to emulate it now though. I was playing co-op with my friend (I was kirby, they were Gooey) and we are saving our farthest file to work on together. I'm going back for the entire month of October if I can get the money via work, and it's gonna be great.

I miss Air Ride a lot. If I'm gonna reach back to when I was a child, the track design was really fun, music was good, and the vehicle options were really really diverse. I wish this mixture of different Nintendo racers was still a thing, instead of Mario Kart taking the spotlight. Not that Mario Kart is awful or anything, it's actually great on the Wii U; I just want that Gamecube variety again (Air Ride, F-Zero GX [holy **** what a thrill but wrong thread], Wave Race [rest in peace], etc.)
I have Air Ride! I was playing it with my friend too, it was super fun. Also I agree with you on the Mario Kart thing.
I at least wish it wasn't just mario characters. I mean they added the miis and animal crossing? It'd be great if they put a bit of kirby in at least as a tribute to Air Ride if they're not remastering it or making a sequel.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I've never purchased a game for VC, so I don't know this - does local multiplayer work as normal for such games? Because that'd be pretty important for an Air Ride release.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I've never purchased a game for VC, so I don't know this - does local multiplayer work as normal for such games? Because that'd be pretty important for an Air Ride release.
I believe it would work. I know for a fact you can have multiple controlers to play multiplayer in a ton of the games, and honestly that's all I care about since I usually do multiplayer city trial with my friend (we did that when I was at their house a few days ago!)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's a safe assumption that the local multiplayer on any virtual console game works as intended, yeah.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I hope the few Kirby titles that aren't on VC already get put on soon. I'd like to see canvas curse on there mostly since it already has a similar playstyle to the WiiU game Rainbow Curse. On the topic of those games, however, I really hate the underwater levels and levels where you have to stay in the air or from running into danger and use the stylus to create lines to keep you up because I always run out of ink / clay. It's so bothersome and one of the only things I don't like about those style games.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As it is, one can experience almost every major Kirby on the Wii U, which is just lovely.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
As it is, one can experience almost every major Kirby on the Wii U, which is just lovely.
THAT REMINDS ME...
Dreamland 2 isn't on VC yet right?
I thought it would be, I know Dreamland 3 is but....

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Oh, it's on the 3DS, 4 bucks :3 PLAY ALL THE KIRBIES

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Oh! Okay then, I didn't know it was a 3ds purchase. I'll have to look into getting it since it's not too pricy, and I really think it looks nice.
Kirby's Dreamland 3 has by far my favorite kirby style though, the sketchy look is really cute.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I'm super curious though, how DID HAL get away with putting blood in their games (zero/zero two, dark dedede & dark meta knight, idk how many more) because I'm genuinely curious due to them being "E for everyone". I mean I don't think a giant eyeball exploding into blood as the rest of it flies back is really kid friendly, but it sure was startling and kinda unnerving on my part.

Though they seemed to seriously tone it down from that... the game is on virtual console and I doubt they took that out.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's called "getting crap past the radar", happens all the time :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom