Kirby Social Thread

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Nintendo's got a history of surprise horror in their games or even just on their hardware. There's the ever-popular Giygas, and of course the exploding head at the end of Bionic Commando. The Kirby series's also fond of their last-minute nightmare fuel.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I distinctly remember the SURPRISE PIANO in Big Boo's Mansion (I realise this is going off-topic). It's a very early memory for me, as I first met it in the N64 version, and it slightly scarred me... I'd also cite all of the Pikmin games as being really creepy, not even subtly so. Love them.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I apologize again for being the only person that's posting here constantly (or one of the few? I dunno...) but Kirby is a very very special game series to me, so it's really nice to know that others care about it at least enough to contribute to my social thread for it. Anyways, I found out that listening to Kirby music while playing really helps me do better while playing splatoon. Specifically: most of the tracks associated with Dark Matter.
Huh...

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Like I said in the other thread, you're fine, don't worry :) Seems like you enjoy the SERIOUS BUSINESS music, haha.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Haha- boss fights usually are my soft spot especially if they're bosses I enjoy a lot, and kirby music in general is very inspiring and motivating to me.
Reminds me how after watching videos on dreamland 2 I realized that Dark Matter Clone's song was a mashup of two of Dark Matter's themes... which caused me to get emotional because i'm a baby when it comes to controlling my love for good music.

I know they're probably not thinking about it... but
I really want a HD remaster of the Dark Matter Trilogy now.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
My friend just recently gave me a Gamecube compatible Wii and the first game I played on it was Kirby Air Ride! Truly one of the best underrated racing games out there! It might even be my favorite Kirby game period with Super Star Ultra right behind it. Super Star Ultra is so much stupid fun if you have a friend to play with! Kirby Mass Attack is another underrated Kirby game that I don't hear a lot of people talk about. It's actually one of the hardest Kirby games to 100% in my opinion. I had gotten so close to 100% that game, but my friend took it with her when she moved away... Made me super upset!

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I know how you feel about superstar, though we only had the original (which I prefer more because of little things) when I was at my friends house. I twas really fun. Another fun game like that that i'm thinking of is Dreamland 3 since 2nd player can play as gooey and it's really fun to go through levels together. It's funny though, I hear people talk about mass attack a lot, to be fair. I don't think it's underrated. I need to get the cartridge myself since I only have an emulated copy and that doesn't feel very good to have since I want to support he company that makes my favorite game franchise. I just have to find a good copy....

(I'm realizing anything that even vaguely includes dark matter usually isn't underrated and the swordsman / dark matter was a boss in it albeit hidden iIthink?)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Dreamland 3's on the virtual console if you want to own it legit without paying through the nose :P

I found this neat piece of art last night when I was telling a friend about Nintendo's habit of surprise horror in their games.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Yea! I own the virtual console version of the entire dark matter trilogy now- Dreamland 2, 3, and 64. Mass attack was recently added, but on the Wii U VC instead of the 3ds? why?
also that art is really good

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Emulation takes a lot of processing power.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Anywhom, I might just get the cartridge for Mass Attack from the local used game shop primarily since I really want to play it on my ds if i'm gonna play it. It seems too weird to play on the Virtual Console as well as not that portable. Something else I really want to get my hands on is the Prima strategy guide for Kirby 64 primarily since it says that 02 is a "friendly entity on shiver star" (which it's... not) and I need to see that with my own eyes because i'm a sucker for guides even hiding the true final boss. It's kinda clever to let the player get startled by it. I don't know.

Nonetheless- I also want to get the 20th anniversary limited edition version of kirby that was released on the wii. It has the kirby history thing which I watched a video but knowing me i'm going to sit on each game for a few minutes in literal tears because I love the game series more than my own existence and nothing can really change this. The fact that I've finally played almost all the games really is amazing to me. I think the only ones I haven't played too much of are Star Stacker and the pinball ones, but I plan on even picking those up as soon as I can because of my passion for the series.

The Dark Matter trilogy definitely took my first? (second and third too?) place for favorite Kirby game trio, followed closely by Air Ride and Robobot. I also really love Superstar-- oh god, Actually I don't think I can choose my favorites anymore... I love them all too much!

But maybe I love the dark matter games just a teensy bit more than the others tbh...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So basically, you want to collect it all :D Good luck!

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I wonder what the next Kirby game will be like if they aren't done with the series. I feel they're not, but I honestly am excited to hear what the next title might be.

I hope they remaster the Dark Matter trilogy in those new, glorious 3D graphics they used for RTDL, TD, and Robobot <3
Either that or an airride remaster because sequels aren't really HAL's thing with kirby, especially considering the directors wishes to not do constant sequels before he left the company (though he still works on smash).

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I want a new and better Subspace Emissary. Let's face it, that was a Kirby game with a large and varied cast instead of different powers :P

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I want a new and better Subspace Emissary. Let's face it, that was a Kirby game with a large and varied cast instead of different powers :p
I liked the original subspace emissary a lot so this seems interesting to me. A massive kirby storyline that flows between multiple kirby characters (prior bosses that may be revived/redeemed, enemy "helpers", and of course the main characters like dedede, metaknight, and bandana dee) and not just kirby himself WOULD be interesting after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom