Last person to comment wins!

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
hi everyone im new to squidboards :D don't worry about the 200+ posts attributed to me they were made by my evil shadow clone who i finally managed to kill and replace
These bots are getting smarter oh no

Neko :D

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
my lawyers advise i don't answer this one
:raises eyebrow: Okay... I will respect your preferences. Or rather your lawyers'.
:magnificent realization: what if... the "new" sevenleaf wasn't actually a new person... what if he's just playing an elaborate prank on us?? :Ominous music plays:

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
:raises eyebrow: Okay... I will respect your preferences. Or rather your lawyers'.
:magnificent realization: what if... the "new" sevenleaf wasn't actually a new person... what if he's just playing an elaborate prank on us?? :Ominous music plays:
to be fair the line between the original (me) and the shadow clone (old 'sevenleaf') is not as clear-cut as one may think. we were the same, but different, parallel to one another. a bit of a soul link situation - that's how i tracked down the clone, after all

no i haven't been filled with a deep melancholy after offing my evil clone and realizing a part of my own soul is gone, why would you think that

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
to be fair the line between the original (me) and the shadow clone (old 'sevenleaf') is not as clear-cut as one may think. we were the same, but different, parallel to one another. a bit of a soul link situation - that's how i tracked down the clone, after all

no i haven't been filled with a deep melancholy after offing my evil clone and realizing a part of my own soul is gone, why would you think that
Congrats on getting rid of the evil within you!

-Jealous because I could never do that

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
It‘s been too long since I last shared this kernel of unsolicited information:
Crab Tank was designed based off of Sting Ray.

Both are long range and have to take backline positions to be used optimally.
Both get stronger the longer they’re fired, discouraging fast movement.
Both have limited turning speed.
Both can hit enemies hiding behind cover.
Both leave the user vulnerable to attack while being fired.

Proof of concept; the idea of Sting Ray was fantastic, but its execution was a dumpster fire.
Crab Tank took Sting Ray and fixed literally all of its problems.
And yet, I can’t quite love Crab Tank the same was I loved Sting Ray. Mostly because they didn’t put it on any backlines or brellas.

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
It‘s been too long since I last shared this kernel of unsolicited information:
Crab Tank was designed based off of Sting Ray.

Both are long range and have to take backline positions to be used optimally.
Both get stronger the longer they’re fired, discouraging fast movement.
Both have limited turning speed.
Both can hit enemies hiding behind cover.
Both leave the user vulnerable to attack while being fired.

Proof of concept; the idea of Sting Ray was fantastic, but its execution was a dumpster fire.
Crab Tank took Sting Ray and fixed literally all of its problems.
And yet, I can’t quite love Crab Tank the same was I loved Sting Ray. Mostly because they didn’t put it on any backlines or brellas.
:O really?? I didn't know that was true (I never played Splatoon 1 😭)

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
Sting Ray was from Splatoon 2, though since even that game feels old now, it's a fair mistake.
Ooooohhhhh I must have forgotten because I haven't played Splatoon 2 for years now and even when I did play it I didn't play it that much. Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for correcting me :D

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I’m going to make a post ranting about Crab Tank being on so few viable weapons. It’s seriously ridiculous.
It’s on zero backlines, zero AoE weapons, and half of the kits it is on are flatly outclassed. It’s really a sad fate for the special.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m going to make a post ranting about Crab Tank being on so few viable weapons. It’s seriously ridiculous.
It’s on zero backlines, zero AoE weapons, and half of the kits it is on are flatly outclassed. It’s really a sad fate for the special.
It's personally really disappointing for me because I think I would have probably loved Crab Tank if I got the chance to use it on a weapon that I actually play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom