• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

LFG: NA & EU May Splatfests - TMNT

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ah man...so close with the Team %.

Now to spend those 83 snails and 2.1M cash.

Dark Veri

Inkling

Might as well get this thread started, as pretty much most of you know this is our Splatfest for the month. Or Splatfests, since this is being done as a tournament. This will be the thread to cover all 3 of the Splatfests, how well they go, what matches are like, how people are getting on etc. I'm not too enthused about this Splatfest having never watched or cared for TMNT but I'll still be taking part. What I find curious personally is that we're getting 3 months worth of snails in 3 weeks, so if they never do another tournament style Splatfest again that's a bonus 42-48 Snails we'll earn over Japan, which can technically be counted as compensation for the exclusive gear they were given (not quite the same though).

Anyway the way this is being handled is 2 qualifier Splatfests with a finale for the 2 winning teams. Schedule is this:

4th May-5th May/5th May-6th May: Raph vs Leo

11th May-12th May/12th May-13th May: Mikey vs Donnie

18th May-19th May/19th May-20th May: Raph vs Donnie

As always, have fun, don't get salty (or excessively salty) and be gracious to one another.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
After 3 weekends of splatfest i am kinda done and exhausted on this event, so i hope tournament SF won't become a recurring thing.
I want to see them return, but not until like in a few months. And with a better theme where there's at least one side I care about.

They could pull a Callie/Marie/Pearl/Marina contest at the end of Splatoon 2. Or Mario/Link/Kirby/Pikachu to promote Smash 5.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I honestly can't say I'm surprised with the results based on what I experienced.

The first round was an actual nightmare for me; I haven't experienced that kind of frustration since the sandcastles vs snowmen Splatfest in S1; I was on Team Leo.
For round two I chose Donnie and went with the Heavy Deco. I thought I was having a better time because I was getting splatted less, and that's probably true, but in the end it was probably just because it was the winning side.
And lastly I went with Raph because of how hard they stomped me in round 1. This was a big mistake - I lost my first 8 matches and once again spiraled into Turf Wars fuelled tilting. In the end I went 21 wins to 24 losses, which actually isn't as bad as it should have been. The Dapple Dualies Nouveau are a treasure. I think my Splatfest power stayed between 1590 and 1750 the entire time. I am Turf Wars trash forevermore.

Also can we just note that the Custom Dualie Squelchers didn't pop up? How lame is that?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Also can we just note that the Custom Dualie Squelchers didn't pop up? How lame is that?
With the once-a-month schedule they're on now with weapon releases, we already knew they wouldn't be released. I guess they'll be in the upcoming batch.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
With the once-a-month schedule they're on now with weapon releases, we already knew they wouldn't be released. I guess they'll be in the upcoming batch.
Maybe so, but it was cruel to use them in one of the gameplay teaser images for this Splatfest.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Literally just played until I got king, and then I stopped. Went 17W 4L, ended with 2462.0 Donnie power and #59 Donnie player :D. I've never done this well, and I doubt I ever will again.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Oh wow Raph was more popular, but thankfully that didn't help him in the end. The more popular team ended up losing in all 3 rounds, suspicious! ...or maybe not lel.

Finally, no more splatfest! No more! Freedom!!

After 3 weekends of splatfest i am kinda done and exhausted on this event, so i hope tournament SF won't become a recurring thing.
Admittedly we don't have to participate in every Splatfest, but if I'm able to it's very hard to resist. Hopefully the next one comes at the end of June.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's true that you don't HAVE to play every fest, but with how long it takes to get a single snail if you don't participate, I do feel like I have to. Not that I really mind. It doesn't take long to get to Queen and it's just TW, which is my favorite mode anyway. But I did have to plan around it a couple of times. Like, yesterday I had a deadline for an essay. The two breaks I allowed myself this weekend were both filled with Splatoon because I pretty much had no choice.
Maybe so, but it was cruel to use them in one of the gameplay teaser images for this Splatfest.
It's just a stupid oversight. Things happen. And even then, we know how the weapons will be released, so it's not like it's misleading or anything. I didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out tbh.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
Why do all of you seem to hate the splatfest tournament?! There is nothing bad about it unless you just hate yourself! I am very glad that we had this because I couldn't have participated if it was just one splatfest. There have beeen too many weekends where I am busy and a couple extra splatfests would let me play.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Why do all of you seem to hate the splatfest tournament?! There is nothing bad about it unless you just hate yourself! I am very glad that we had this because I couldn't have participated if it was just one splatfest. There have beeen too many weekends where I am busy and a couple extra splatfests would let me play.
-3 consecutive splatfests in a row. Some people can only play in the weekends and the splatfest locks up the other modes for essentially half the weekend.
-topic that not a lot of people cared about.

I didn't mind it because i both needed snails, and like the topic, but i get where people are coming from.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Ugh, only had a chance during the last three hours so I had to speedrun it work thirty minutes to spare. Could've done it in two hours but had some bad synergy/playstyle matches against lower powered teams that left me just under 2200 this time sadly.

I luv muh toitles like I luv muh woomies, but damn I want to play something else on the weekends!

Cyan

Inkling Commander
So my team may have lost but it was such a good experience for me I'm not entirely fussed. I ended getting 14th on Team Raph for Top 100, which is my best ever performance (previously 69th on Team Flight and whatever number it was really low down on Team Space Adventure from the first game, they never numbered anything below 5th). What I find highly intriguing (and I guess for the cynics on Splatfest victories) is that almost every single Splatfest the losing team has the best Top 5 scores for Splatfest Power), I'll leave this small sample from Team Raph with my name at 14th, but for the record 1st on Team Donnie for my tables (I'm not sure if they combine or split EU and NA Top 100 with these, I suspect they do) had 2568 Power, 1 point more than 5th on Team Raph.

upload_2018-5-21_15-41-42.png

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
RESULTS ARE IN!

Raph won popular, Donnie won both battles. Win for DONNIE!

Raph was actually the popular vote? Even though people on Donnie reported more mirror matches.
That's so weird. I was Team Raph and didn't come across a single mirror match the whole time.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Why do all of you seem to hate the splagot tfest tournament?! There is nothing bad about it unless you just hate yourself! I am very glad that we had this because I couldn't have participated if it was just one splatfest. There have beeen too many weekends where I am busy and a couple extra splatfests would let me play.
Well first of all, i do hate myself, so it might just be that!

But more importantly, it locks you out of Ranked. While you can play ranked for the remainder of the week, this IS the weekend where you can play on. It's a chunk of time where most of us are free from work/school and having Ranked available only for a sliver of your free time is annoying, especially if you're the kind of person who wants to go for a specific rotation.
Second, people are encouraged to participate because snails are hard to come by the normal way. Leveling up is slow, and what if you got brand new 3.0v gear but not enough snails at hand? Tough luck for you! Sure you can skip this splatfest, but there's no telling on how many gear pieces you'd like to have leveled up in the future. Getting 24 should be more than enough, but it's simple mindgames to have you keep playing this game.

Normally that'd be alright because of the long breaks of time between splatfests, but having it 3 times in a row is a little bit too much.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
Well first of all, i do hate myself, so it might just be that!

But more importantly, it locks you out of Ranked. While you can play ranked for the remainder of the week, this IS the weekend where you can play on. It's a chunk of time where most of us are free from work/school and having Ranked available only for a sliver of your free time is annoying, especially if you're the kind of person who wants to go for a specific rotation.
Second, people are encouraged to participate because snails are hard to come by the normal way. Leveling up is slow, and what if you got brand new 3.0v gear but not enough snails at hand? Tough luck for you! Sure you can skip this splatfest, but there's no telling on how many gear pieces you'd like to have leveled up in the future. Getting 24 should be more than enough, but it's simple mindgames to have you keep playing this game.

Normally that'd be alright because of the long breaks of time between splatfests, but having it 3 times in a row is a little bit too much.
I can understand the argument about ranked modes, but ultimately come down to Nintendo hating us. There is a very simple solution to this, and that is Nintendo letting go of whatever holds them back and just letting ranked continue as normal. You can argue that this would be bad for the splatfest, but I don't really care. The splatfest will continue on its own and it will have enough people.

The argument that snails are rare is counterintuitive. More splatfests means more snails, and if ranked is available you can still play while not worrying about splatfest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom