• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

LFG: NA & EU May Splatfests - TMNT

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Cause Splat Dualies, Dualies Squelcher, Octobrush Nouveau, and N-ZAP '89 exist.
Yes because every person with the mind of a mental 12 year old feels the need to be annoying and have them for every Splatfest.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Yes because every person with the mind of a mental 12 year old feels need to be annoying and have them for every Splatfest.
Hey, I actually like the Splat Dualies thank you very much. They're the weapon I'm most consistent in Turf Wars with. People choose a weapon they like and stick with it. Also, Tenta Missiles are a pretty straight forwards special to use and you don't have to worry about them too much. So I can see people favoring it over other specials.

OT:
That aside. Just got to Donnie King. My qualifying matches were a bit rough, got two really bad teams then the room exploded then lost my next game... But that is in the past. After I got out of those qualifying matches, I just started dominating everybody and rose my power back to 2000 (2079.5) from getting thrown into the high 1700s from qualifiers. Kind of sad I didn't break past 2100 before reaching King.

Out of all my games that were Raph vs Donnie, my win:lose ratio is 17:4. If we're just talking overall, then 19:9. I actually lost more matches to my own team than I did to the opposing team, lol!

Lot of my teams were really solid, lot of land slide matches where we suppressed the opposing team. Might just be my luck, but despite Donnie being majority, Donnie is rocking some solid players.

Also, I do believe this is a completely new Shifty Station. So we actually skipped the one JP got for their last Splatfest. Strange, maybe they realized that layout was broken.

Last edited:

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Why is that in every Splatfest that everyone that has a weapon with the damn Tenta Missles?
Had a match against two dualie squelchers, Splat dualies, and a N-Zap 89...smh Been seeing a lot of dualie squelchers this time.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I picked Raph over Donnie this time even though I like both. Win:Loss ratio was 15:16 before I got to Raph Queen, so yeah team Raph has been frustrating this time around. Seems like it took longer to get to Queen compared to last week when I was team Donnie. Between afk players, terrible weapon/level matchmaking, and deliberate throwers, I was just ready to get to max level and call it a night. Sea snails was the only thing motivating me to finish it out. Had a person on my team named WillNotInk....and they didn’t. They got 1pt...lol

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I'm in shock. I've never had a Splatfest so good. Team Donnie got OBLITERATED on my perspective for matches, I played 21 matches, all against Team Donnie, and lost 1. 20:1 is a ratio I never thought I'd ever see in a Splatfest on my way to King, and I've never made my way to Splatfest Royalty in such a quick time either (basically 63 mins of gameplay with 37 mins to matchmaking and a few connection errors during matchmaking). I started with 2346.2 Raph Power having won all of my placement matches and things only improved for Team Raph. My Power peaked at 2411.6 before my one loss sent it down to 2368.3, a 43.3 point loss. From there it was an unbroken win streak up to King at the end of the rotation and a final score of 2528.3 Raph Power, which pretty much blows away my previous record of 2408.2 Salty Power. Not sure who'll win, but a surprisingly amazing Splatfest for me (had quite a few crushing victories too). Now for the clips and some shots of this Splatfest and the previous one:

Mikey vs Donnie:

Really neat clip from that Splatfest, basically speaks for itself.

This demonstrates why the Octobrush needs a small nerf, because that distance plus fall off really shouldn't be enough to guarantee a kill, granted I could have been really weak and the shot was still enough, but I still think this brush can get away with some rather ridiculous antics.

Raph vs Donnie:

Another clip that speaks for itself, I'm now curious to try this on other maps with water :p

What a lovely angle of the map no-one will ever see

Nothing to say here really

https://twitter.com/TheLonePolar/status/997938246305771520
Cool moment I shouldn't have won but did.

https://twitter.com/TheLonePolar/status/997938822401871872
Again a recap of stuff I already said, but may as well back up my claims with evidence (not so much for bragging but so I can validate myself as trustworthy)

And finally if you want to see my actual set of matches I'll post the SplatNet page for my past 50 battles (will be in this spoiler, spliced 2 separate images to create 1 big seamless list and take up less space than 2 shots):

upload_2018-5-19_21-56-28.png

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
For once I'm not a fan of the Shifty Station layout.

There's pretty much three main battlefields that will have the gross of the action going at one given moment. Either in the middle or on one of the two 'squares'. If a battle takes place on a square, it's really hard for the team whose side the square is on to turn the tide. But, if they do some time towards the end of the battle, they pretty much have a guarantee win, since the half-way line is so close.

IDK, most of the battles on it have been kind of a drag.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Having stuck with Donnie for the Finals, I found myself having had quite the struggle. The first and last few matches went fine for me, but the middle during Defender rank was pretty brutal--there were so many ways Team Raph were rude dudes/ Nevertheless, it was a good Splatfest and I'm looking forward to the results!

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Went with Donnie. Had an alright Splatfest despite feeling terrible and not wanting to play. Won 19 and lost 9, so I actually contributed a fair amount of wins this time around. I also had some fun with weapons I don't often use. My power wasn't super high or anything, but it wasn't half bad for a run where I didn't want to play. Ended up at 2119.

Finally I made 3 pieces of gear this Splatfest, so that's delicious icing on the cake.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Finished with 2576 power, maybe not be enough for #1, but surely for Top 5! Wasn't a huge fan of the new shifty, so small that it's all about spawn camping. Wish we got the asymmetrical one. I had a number of mirror matches so it seems Donnie is more popular which surprises me. So far in this tournament the popular team has lost. Let's hope that pattern will be broken!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
16 wins, 18 loses for team Raph...so yeah, didn't go very well. I wasn't really in the zone for the first half, but the second half was even worse actually since I ran into tons of incompetent players. Had a 7 lose streak where I was really on fire, but it wasn't enough.

We'll see in a few hours if I just got unlucky or what.

Rose✦

Inkling
The splatfest is now over for me too.
I mostly won the battles (i finished with 1906 power) but being my second one it went better than the last one.
I got to Queen in around 2 hours.
In the end this splatfest has been a very positive experience!

I guess we'll see in a while who won, good job to both teams ^^

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
RESULTS ARE IN!

Raph won popular, Donnie won both battles. Win for DONNIE!

Pop - 53.02% / 46.98%
Solo - 48.11% / 51.89%
Team - 49.02% / 50.98%

And NANI!
Raph was actually the popular vote? Even though people on Donnie reported more mirror matches.

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
RESULTS
POPULARITY:
Raph: 53.02%
Donnie: 46.98%

SOLO WINS:
Raph: 48.11%

Donnie: 51.89%

TEAM WINS:
Raph: 49.02%

Donnie: 50.98%

CONGRATS TEAM DONNIE!!!!

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Ohhh dear I lost.

I atleast broke my record in terms of my best splatfest power ever. Which is 2336.7 now. I also won almost all my matches against Donnie. But I already felt it. Fought some more times against better donnie teams and ended up. Im afraid I couldn't do anything to help my team win. But Im just one person out of many in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom