• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mafia 3 | Game OVER! Who won?!

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Okay I'm back from the hospital I'll do a brief reading and some. Plus there was something I wanted to say so I just gotta recall it.
And Reed get well break ups are hard.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Let me know if any links are broken or mislinked. Covers pages 2 and 3--page 1 is kind of dead. To simplify things, I'm not going to focus on Bool. As far as I'm concerned, he's in the clear.

At least I'm number one!
The interesting part here is that, when accused or put as voted, she didn't defend herself and this always struck me as odd though I mean, it was RVS, there wasn't much to say or to defend. Though I feel some level of concern should have been shown considering the fact that there was already a bit of a bus on xCoco.

DEADLINE IS WED OKAY MUST START DOING THE THINGS.
Okay I suppose I'll vote for Boolerex
##Vote: Boolerex.
Don't quite understand why the Bool train beginning xCoco. There were a lot of people out there to vote that had said less--at that point he had at least five posts though his play suggests that he was interested but not capable of adding anything to the discussion. What do you think your logic was in voting for him? You weren't going to get much out of him day one and I feel that the pressure that you throw around that day is to get inactives to be more active.

If you don't subscribe to that logic, I understand, but what was your reasoning?

Hey Drez.
In honest suggestion though - I dont think we should lynch PlatyPudding.
If he's checked his role PM is probably got a role that doesn't do much.

And if he's really dead - he'll be replaced
I don't see what she would stand to gain from saying this as town or scum. As town, it's getting an inactive out of the way to bus him (even if you did end up replacing him). I follow the "might not be an interesting role" side of things, but I dunno... since we can't know what Platys role actually is. But then, why not defend all the other inactives? Just negligence considering that Platy was the only one being voted?

As scum team with Platy (turned Drez), I'd understand defending him. Seeing him as inactive and protecting him until replaced would be a pretty good thing. But then, the only person who can make the most of this information is Drez, assuming he's town.

Okay, I'm going to bed now, so I'm no better myself, but I'm town this game and would appreciate if there was more activity and game solving from people this time around, so that it's actually winnable :p

To those new to the game: If you don't know what to do, then read the thread and find the 3 posts that interest you the most, and give us all your spontaneous thoughts on those posts. You might feel that your thoughts are worthless, incoherent or most likely wrong, but that doesn't matter. We just need an opportunity to be able to estimate whether you're analyzing things from a town POV, or whether you're scum trying to blend in. We can't do that without content posts.
Compare to his play the rest of the game--this was his first actual post for the game (past the "I'm here" post). It was logical, very directive and considerate of the new players; proactive. Supports the idea that he's actually town with some heavy things happening in his life wrecking his play. I don't feel he's make such emotional play otherwise.

Hi, this does sometime confuse new players. But in reality, it's just something every player should do - claim that they are a townie, i.e. aligned with town. If you're not with town, then you need to get lynched, so obviously it's in every player's best interest to claim town. To be clear, I haven't claimed to be vanilla townie - or to NOT be vanilla townie. Now such claims in themselves are very useless, often it's just filler talk, though you can always try to look at those posts and try to read the tone of them to see if they seem genuine or not.
Early game, still considerate of newbie players and explaining reasoning to everyone. Very good point from him responding to Aykorn.

I would elaborate on the Boolerex thing, but y'know, I'm a wildcard like that.
First of Thingy's off posts that we really got on him about. Really seems to say something about how he's distracted and doesn't have time to post but wants to come off as flippant or not to drag personal life into this town or mafia. I get his reasoning in retrospect--he's trying to push Bool back into the townie alignment that he was before in the previous game. To get him to speak because even though he was posting, he wasn't speaking for real.

That said, it seems more townie rereading.

Rom-stein looked kind of suspicious at the start, voting xCoCo right away for the sake of it. And that whole "calm before the storm" thing?
Also, i'm kind of surprised Thingyman admitted(?) they're a townie right away. Is that a good idea to do?

Bit of newbie here, so I guess I'm being cautious and trying to pick up the strats.
Aykorn seems to be testing the waters and points toward newb townie play, I think. Especially the Thingyman catch. Is that a good thing to do? He later responds to this quite well.

Not much activity from Aykorn from here out.

The early game has been empty and that's a very bad thing for town. It gives scum the chance to lurk and hide, and the game has been pretty stagnant, so I think scum are pretty comfortable right now. Those without much opinions or even trying to do anything is who I would look at. Boolerex sticks out to me on mentioning my slot but not even voting. Seems like scum trying to seed doubt in town without actually stepping on any toes.
Strong townie opening from Drez replacing Platy. Addresses everyone and notes their playstyle and reads from the very beginning. Supports the fact that I think he's a very strong player on whatever side, but more or less saves the game from it's stagnation by promoting discussion. Seems like smart play and considering his general populous, if he is scum, he thinks he can manipulate the whole game which is possible, but it would have been much easier to just pop in irregularly--he had no reason to pump life into the game as scum.

Townie brownie points.

I wanted to post this introductory theory for mafia, since this seems to be a game for newer players. I generated this as an IC in an old newbie game, but didn't change any of it up. I feel this is important for the newer players to at least think about before end game, as there are many things to keep in mind. Both spoilers are quite long, but these I put some time into formatting to make it easy to read, and with plenty of examples. Please do at least skim through it when you have the time, at least before end game!!
Might want to read through these before we finally vote. More townie points but might even be going above and beyond. Then again, this totally seems in Drez's character.

I would do exactly what I mentioned that shouldn't happen, yet trying to appear as pro-town as possible. I'd be less active, letting others talk, and making the town as quite as possible so it makes it harder for them to find mafia. I'd post in a way to not put attention to myself. Yet I'd also post this way as a pr so who knows. Wifom. Of course as a town pr there would be more actual legit observation, but still posting in a more concise manner to let other townies be more obv town then me.
Now that I really think about it, this really seems true. My gut has always told me that Drez is town, but looking back really helps it. My logic holds, but I wonder if I should reconsider. This makes me wonder who else really looks scummy...

I sometimes ask people that. I do think a better way for yourself to see, is simply by reading my past games as mafia. Seeing my actual play, trumps whatever I have to say about my own meta (and anyone else has to say about their own meta). Here is a link: Mafia 1151 - Drez Mafia
I finally got to reading this post, but I don't actually see you in the game? What's your username? Can't read a meta without that and I'm interested enough now to care.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
I'll post more later, but I'm really not feeling it. Slighter lean toward scum with xCoco. I'll bandwagon if it comes to it, but if I can find the energy, I'll grab more information from the rest of the thread.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Let me know if any links are broken or mislinked. Covers pages 2 and 3--page 1 is kind of dead. To simplify things, I'm not going to focus on Bool. As far as I'm concerned, he's in the clear.

The interesting part here is that, when accused or put as voted, she didn't defend herself and this always struck me as odd though I mean, it was RVS, there wasn't much to say or to defend. Though I feel some level of concern should have been shown considering the fact that there was already a bit of a bus on xCoco.

Don't quite understand why the Bool train beginning xCoco. There were a lot of people out there to vote that had said less--at that point he had at least five posts though his play suggests that he was interested but not capable of adding anything to the discussion. What do you think your logic was in voting for him? You weren't going to get much out of him day one and I feel that the pressure that you throw around that day is to get inactives to be more active.

If you don't subscribe to that logic, I understand, but what was your reasoning?

I don't see what she would stand to gain from saying this as town or scum. As town, it's getting an inactive out of the way to bus him (even if you did end up replacing him). I follow the "might not be an interesting role" side of things, but I dunno... since we can't know what Platys role actually is. But then, why not defend all the other inactives? Just negligence considering that Platy was the only one being voted?

As scum team with Platy (turned Drez), I'd understand defending him. Seeing him as inactive and protecting him until replaced would be a pretty good thing. But then, the only person who can make the most of this information is Drez, assuming he's town.

1. I didn't defend myself when Rom placed the vote he was the only the first one. Point of RVS is too put pressure. If I had started defending myself with only one vote it would have looked very strange. And it was LITERALLY the start of the game - I don't have anything to hide - so I shrugged it off. Plus his vote was literally because I was first.

2. The game was dead so I picked a random person to RVS and Boo was the first person to come to mind (plus if I recall he wasn't very active). I wanted to get people to started posting again because the deadline was drawing near and we NEEDED activity.

3. I'm just cautious from last game because I was super confident that Majoras was inactive mafia but he wound up being a VT, getting lynched and us losing the game. I was thinking that if he was a role like a VT it wouldnt matter much if he wasn't around at night because he wasn't a night role. I thought that maybe the ones who are active are ones that have something to do PRs/Mafia (they could lurk for strategy so). And I think VTs tend to go more inactive then mafia.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS

to care.[/SPOILER]

1. I didn't defend myself when Rom placed the vote he was the only the first one. Point of RVS is too put pressure. If I had started defending myself with only one vote it would have looked very strange. And it was LITERALLY the start of the game - I don't have anything to hide - so I shrugged it off. Plus his vote was literally because I was first.

2. The game was dead so I picked a random person to RVS and Boo was the first person to come to mind (plus if I recall he wasn't very active). I wanted to get people to started posting again because the deadline was drawing near and we NEEDED activity.

3. I'm just cautious from last game because I was super confident that Majoras was inactive mafia but he wound up being a VT, getting lynched and us losing the game. I was thinking that if he was a role like a VT it wouldnt matter much if he wasn't around at night because he wasn't a night role. I thought that maybe the ones who are active are ones that have something to do PRs/Mafia (they could lurk for strategy so). And I think VTs tend to go more inactive then mafia.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Talking about deadline. How many time left already? We might want to hurry a bit to get the vote in as again I don't want his day to end up in a no-lynch again...Altrough it technically could keep the game going.

My vote stay in Xcoco ; experally for the way she claimed me as scum and not changing that after AA comfirmed the setup.

Also pinging @Aykorn which I didn't heard him talk as for late ; I saw some people called for you too.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
^ Boo, I was MIA for most of the day, okay? I had other things to address, chill.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Also - where is Thingy again? I must say that guy drops in and out as he pleases. When I thought he was scum (from when I thought Boo was defending him because I wasn't very active so Boo used that reason as to why I might be scum; when in reality Thingy has been WAY less active then me) which is why I thought it was Boo/Thingy team.

But Boo is now more then likely town but....

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I dont know the fact Drez was blocked or protected + no night kills makes this really difficult

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Boo. Can you rephrase what your role PM says? Don't copy paste just tell me your role. Also you protected Drez both nights? What made you protect him? Why did ypu target him twice? Do you think you protected him from the kill? Or roleblocked him?

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Okay. I am heading off now. Town please pick up the activity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom