• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mario Kart 8 Social Thread

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I always either race as my Mii with Yoshi costume, Light Blue Yoshi, or Isabelle. :)

LunarDistortion

Inkster Jr.
I play as Waluigi with the Tanooki Kart, Slick wheels, and the Parafoil. I just play for fun, not really to win.

I love the DLC as is, but the lack of Wario Colosseum never fails to disturb me.

Lyn

Premium
Played 200cc with a friend. Was fun. Makes me need to fall back to my F-Zero skills.
Oh boy. I've never been given the chance to play an F-Zero game. Fingers crossed for a release on the Wii U.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
So far I love 200cc so much!

I race as Yoshi on the Yoshi bike. Yoshi inception!

Baby Park
200cc
Frantic Mode
12 human players online

^ I did this earlier today. It was complete chaos!

Lyn

Premium
Because I'm developing a futuristic racer for the Wii U and really don't want that kinda competition. xD
Well I guess that's a reason. Good luck on your game, heh. ;)

Lyn

Premium
Guys, ExciteBike on 200cc with mushrooms only is the tightest stuff ever.
Now all we need is for you to be able to fall of like in ExciteBike and slowly walk back to your kart/bike.

Sneak Frog

Inkling
200cc is incredible, I absolutely love the thrill of it. I feel like I can get away with using any weights that might not be very viable in higher VR races.

I generally use Sports Bike, Cyber Slick, and either Cloud Glider or Waddle Wing with any character I feel like playing.

Reactions: Lyn

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
200cc is INSANITY. Also, I'm in love with Ribbon Road. :D

Pack 2 > Pack 1 IMO but they are both great.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
200cc doesn't even come close to filling the hole in my heart where F-Zero should be.

Make it happen, Nintendo.
I remember playing an F Zero game for the GBA (forget which one)

Game's SO INTENSE

They need to make a sequel ASAP :(

nfan10039

Semi-Pro Squid
I feel that while both packs of Mario Kart DLC are fantastic, that they must release more packs to tide us over until the next game. We are missing key characters such as: Dry Bones, Birdo, and Samus. I'm hoping for pack 3 & 4 announced at e3 this year. All tracks in DLC pack 2 are great, except the song for Ribbon Road is not hummable at all. I'm not sure if that's because I never played the original, but all courses are designed fantastically. Favourite course would have to be either Big Blue or Animal Crossing(of pack 2 that is).

Jonke

Inkling
NNID
Jonke5
The addition of 200cc definitely put the game higher up than both DLC 1 + DLC 2 did for me. It just feels so good. I love playing it. :)

Now i just hope they continue the trend and announce pack 3 & 4 during/after E3. (Kirby, Warp Star pwetty plz)

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
So does anyone else feel like Cheese Land's traction is even more horrendous than the other desert tracks? This is the first time my Cyber Slicks feel literally slick.
Yes, I hate it! I'm not actually the biggest fan of that track anyway. It's probably my least favourite visually, but also in terms of gameplay because of the traction. Also the Animal Crossing track during winter. I love what the Slick/Cyber Slicks look like, but those two really make me feel like I'm not in control. Mount Wario had the same problem too, but that was ice and snow so it was expected.

I still love the Animal Crossing track though. That and Wild Woods are my favourite two for this DLC pack. 200cc mode is a blast too, but it's somewhat jarring getting used to brake drifting after being so used to the game for almost a year. I'm glad a lot of people are using lightweights for 200cc though. It's a shame that heavyweights are 'better' in 50cc all the way up to Mirror because they have the best speed stats, so it's nice to see the roles essentially reversed. ;)

Would love some more characters in the future. I miss Dry Bones. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom