Movement Mechanics

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I'm wonder what hitboxes are like when you are in squid form, because its possible that this might make your inkiling harder to hit than just straight up squid form
hitboxes are probably the same since it is squid form, but since youre going back and forth between human i guess you could technically consider yourself easier to hit

also since you're moving up and down so fast you'll technically be harder to hit, but your movement is predictable doing it, so more skilled players might be able to kill you easily... not sure

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid
With a whole team using this as approach, it can really be intimidating. Especially in early competition. Team spaced well+ splatterjumping to a target = high chance of victory!

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
yup, using splatterhopping is probably going to rank you up pretty quickly

can't wait to see what other ATs are discovered once the game's launched!

kaptinkillem

Inkling
With a whole team using this as approach, it can really be intimidating. Especially in early competition. Team spaced well+ splatterjumping to a target = high chance of victory!
speaking of teams, is anyone looking to put a team together? I don't know anyone who is gonna get the game when it launches and I'd like to find a solid group to play with, and practice

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid
speaking of teams, is anyone looking to put a team together? I don't know anyone who is gonna get the game when it launches and I'd like to find a solid group to play with, and practice
I'm down to team up if possible! I'm graduating HS by release date, so I'll be able to play a bit regularly.

Anyways, about full team splatterhopping, Would it be better to stagger them in teams, or try and sync up?

WECKmaster329

Inkster Jr.
NNID
WECKmaster329
I have a feeling that once the full arsenal has been revealed, there are going to be some ATs for each specific weapon. When the game launches, the first thing I'm gonna do is try to get as many weapons as I can to experiment with them.

kaptinkillem

Inkling
Great to hear guys :) . I'm excited to try out the sniper, but im worried it wont have the same kind of cool movement options, but I guess we'll have to wait to find out

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Idk about that. You need someone with the Roller to at least make a path behind everyone. B/c when you die that means you'd have to do the AT (has someone given it a name? SquidSquipping?) again. And I think it'll end up being slower than regular swimming thru a path but only experience with the game will tell that

kaptinkillem

Inkling
Idk about that. You need someone with the Roller to at least make a path behind everyone. B/c when you die that means you'd have to do the AT (has someone given it a name? SquidSquipping?) again. And I think it'll end up being slower than regular swimming thru a path but only experience with the game will tell that
I have a feeling the roller will not be very useful, i think against good players they'll just be shot before they can get close, but I could be wrong

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid
Gotcha, gotcha. Best as an initial approach, I suppose.
I have a feeling the roller will not be very useful, i think against good players they'll just be shot before they can get close, but I could be wrong
Yeah, I tend to see roller players get shot up bad on those gameplay vids..

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
That is why you have a teammate defend you ;)
2 is better than 1 (yes, but you both have to be good at your job)

Platypudding

Full Squid
It seems to me like splaterhopping's benefits will mostly be in battle. Being able to switch up your hitboxes and mobility suddenly is going to be useful during fights. It doesn't look like it has any positives for map movement though, especially because it involves shooting less ink than normal.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
It seems to me like splaterhopping's benefits will mostly be in battle. Being able to switch up your hitboxes and mobility suddenly is going to be useful during fights. It doesn't look like it has any positives for map movement though, especially because it involves shooting less ink than normal.
We believe it'll be good for the beginning of the match when there is no paint on the ground already, or trying to infiltrate enemy paint when no one is their and take territory from the inside out.

Idk about mid battle, perhaps if you are surrounded in the other teams ink that may be your best way to runaway, but the ink seems rly large... I'm sorry soldier but in that situation...you may not get out of there alive o_o

kaptinkillem

Inkling
We believe it'll be good for the beginning of the match when there is no paint on the ground already, or trying to infiltrate enemy paint when no one is their and take territory from the inside out.

Idk about mid battle, perhaps if you are surrounded in the other teams ink that may be your best way to runaway, but the ink seems rly large... I'm sorry soldier but in that situation...you may not get out of there alive o_o
Yah I guess I didnt really think about the ink spreading thing, the best thing about splatterjumping is I dont need to focus on paint spread early, if I have teammates willing to do it, cuz I can get to a good vantage point to try to get some early pick offs

Regiruler

Inkster Jr.
yup, using splatterhopping is probably going to rank you up pretty quickly

can't wait to see what other ATs are discovered once the game's launched!
I think it's somewhat of an overrated technique.
1. It's only feasible via splattershot (this isn't really a knock against it, as many movement based techniques will likely be exclusive to it given the heavy amount of fine tuning it must have as the game's primary weapon)
2. In terms of quick point A to point B, I think the rifle weapons will be far less likely of screwing up. Yes, it's a tad more visible, but the failure rate isn't as low. It also may or may not be faster, but depends on how much speed you lose when changing back and forth.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I think it's somewhat of an overrated technique.
1. It's only feasible via splattershot (this isn't really a knock against it, as many movement based techniques will likely be exclusive to it given the heavy amount of fine tuning it must have as the game's primary weapon)
2. In terms of quick point A to point B, I think the rifle weapons will be far less likely of screwing up. Yes, it's a tad more visible, but the failure rate isn't as low. It also may or may not be faster, but depends on how much speed you lose when changing back and forth.
honestly i the fact it's only possible via splattershot weapons (splattershot, pro variant, jr variant, .52 gal, etc) is a benefit to those weapons rather than a drawback to the technique. it furthers their image as an all around weapon, and it can compete with more mobile weapons like the paintbrush because of it

Regiruler

Inkster Jr.
honestly i the fact it's only possible via splattershot weapons (splattershot, pro variant, jr variant, .52 gal, etc) is a benefit to those weapons rather than a drawback to the technique. it furthers their image as an all around weapon, and it can compete with more mobile weapons like the paintbrush because of it
Isn't jr the one with the highly erratic shot pattern though? God help you if you miss.

Are the others even fast enough?

EDIT: I should further clarify. I wasn't saying the technique was bad. I'm simply saying it's overrated: given the limited pool of weapons that can use it, I doubt that it will be completely game-defining.

kinetik07

Senior Squid

Seems like you can extend it a bit depending on the angle you shoot so you're not limited to jumping through single puddles

EDIT: although, turning while splatterhopping doesn't look like it's worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom