• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA Splatfest: Hot Dog vs. Marshmallow

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Well, if we are talking about camping... Marshmallows would be ideal correct? Anyway, I've never been camping before, but I just love s'mores and I hate it when I accidently overcook hot dogs :(

Aside from that, I really like both (literally, both. I do this thing where I cook a hotdog on a grill, then I put it on one of those really large toothpicks, then put roasted marshmallows on both sides so this was a tough choice)

But I am in no need for snails (unlike last Splatfest) so I'm just going on what my heart tells me to go with.

IxaVerse

Senior Squid
NNID
Uselessguy12
Do Inkings even eat hot dogs? There is no possible or logical way for them to produce meat products without farms or meat factories considering the fact that no land animal besides cats have been seen in the game.

Putrid Squid

Inkling
I guess I will go with Team Marshmallow.

I wonder how much salt there is going to be from the losing team this time around.

Game&Watcher

Inkling
NNID
GameAndWatcher
Do Inkings even eat hot dogs? There is no possible or logical way for them to produce meat products without farms or meat factories considering the fact that no land animal besides cats have been seen in the game.
I could of sworn that I saw birds on some of the multi-player maps.

Yuubi

Full Squid
The same can probably said about Marshmallows? I mean if we're putting logical sense in this topic then why were there was a splatfest on cat vs dogs, when I'm pretty sure that the inklings never heard about dogs since they do not even exist in the game. Same can be said for waterslides and coasters... Water can hurt the inklings and as far as I know there aren't any rollercoasters in splatoon. Along with the rice vs bread, Red Kitsune/Green Tanuki, lemon tea/milk tea...?

Only EU has gotten splatfests that seemed to be realistic for inklings, though can we not put logic into these splatfests? These were made for the "Players" who plays as the "Inklings" after all. :P

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Marie did say she's "a hot dogfish person", so they exist, just in a more aquatic form (are dogfish even a thing tho).

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Team Marshmallow all the way! I do enjoy Hot Dogs on occasion, but I'm not a huge fan of them. I really love Marshmallows, especially on S'mores, and this does seem to specifically mention camping. (S'mores are pretty common when camping)

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
The same can probably said about Marshmallows? I mean if we're putting logical sense in this topic then why were there was a splatfest on cat vs dogs, when I'm pretty sure that the inklings never heard about dogs since they do not even exist in the game. Same can be said for waterslides and coasters... Water can hurt the inklings and as far as I know there aren't any rollercoasters in splatoon. Along with the rice vs bread, Red Kitsune/Green Tanuki, lemon tea/milk tea...?

Only EU has gotten splatfests that seemed to be realistic for inklings, though can we not put logic into these splatfests? These were made for the "Players" who plays as the "Inklings" after all. :p
Nothing says water doesn't hurt Inklings; they just can't swim. At least, teenage Inklings (who have just gained their humanoid bodies, so swimming likely would be hard to do with said bodies) and Captain Cuttlefish among elderly Inklings.

Also, we know about dinosaurs, so why shouldn't Inklings know about humans? There are outright photos of human times (one of the Sunken Scrolls), and since archaeologist likely would find large remnants of human civilization (there was that scroll with the human playing a Wii U) I'd be surprised if they didn't know of human existence, especially since their whole civilization is based off of human civilization itself (vending machines, same exact sports, same fashion, concept of letters and numbers, tanuki and kitsune statues above the Inkopolis buildings, etc.). Also, when another Sunken Scroll says that the "creatures of the surface [were] driven to extinction", they may just be referring to just humans or some species to justify dogs and some other animals possibly still existing, although I feel you might have me on that.

Also, why are you skeptical over the existence of tea and roller coasters? Nothing states that they don't exist. :P

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I dunno, I like both marshmallows and hot dogs. Eh, whatever Marie votes for.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I just realized that the marshmallow team is colored red. Considering how that could make ink look like blood (especially when Inklings splat), you think the marshmallow team's ink will be white instead? I mean, that also looks like something inappropriate, but pure red ink, which people may likely claim looks more like blood than ketchup or tomato sauce, would probably look even more disturbing than white ink, which people probably would more likely compare to ice cream, milk or vanilla yogurt than... yeah.

winner133

Full Squid
NNID
winner133
I do love Hot Dogs but marshmallows might win this one still voting hot dogs

OFF TOPIC: I think I seen you before on turf war, my name was winner133.

ON TOPIC: I have never tried a hot dog before....

Plus why isn't it hot dog vs burgers? Would of made sense

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
I just realized that the marshmallow team is colored red. Considering how that could make ink look like blood (especially when Inklings splat), you think the marshmallow team's ink will be white instead? I mean, that also looks like something inappropriate, but pure red ink, which people may likely claim looks more like blood than ketchup or tomato sauce, would probably look even more disturbing than white ink, which people probably would more likely compare to ice cream, milk or vanilla yogurt than... yeah.
If the ink colour really is red, then I will choose marshmallows. If not, hot dogs it is.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Not from NA but if I had to choose I'll go with team Marshmallow.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
While I'm still trying to decide which side to take, I'll just leave this here:

Squid Sisters Splatfest - Marshmallows vs Hot Dogs (Reduced).png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom