NA Splatfest: Hot Dog vs. Marshmallow

Wi-fi Calcium

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gabby14
I choose Marshmellow, I hope Camp Triggerfish is in this Splatfest rotation as it would fit very well.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I'm choosing Hot dogs because I like blue/green better than red/orange in terms of ink colour.

That is the basis of my choice in its entirety.

Yuubi

Full Squid
Nothing says water doesn't hurt Inklings; they just can't swim. At least, teenage Inklings (who have just gained their humanoid bodies, so swimming likely would be hard to do with said bodies) and Captain Cuttlefish among elderly Inklings.

Also, we know about dinosaurs, so why shouldn't Inklings know about humans? There are outright photos of human times (one of the Sunken Scrolls), and since archaeologist likely would find large remnants of human civilization (there was that scroll with the human playing a Wii U) I'd be surprised if they didn't know of human existence, especially since their whole civilization is based off of human civilization itself (vending machines, same exact sports, same fashion, concept of letters and numbers, tanuki and kitsune statues above the Inkopolis buildings, etc.). Also, when another Sunken Scroll says that the "creatures of the surface [were] driven to extinction", they may just be referring to just humans or some species to justify dogs and some other animals possibly still existing, although I feel you might have me on that.

Also, why are you skeptical over the existence of tea and roller coasters? Nothing states that they don't exist. :p

You may got a point about water cannot hurt the inkling, but when inkling falls into the water they are grunting and squirming and there eyes are closed and tighten as if they're in pain, I mean they aren't giggling and splashing around in it before they poof and dissolve with that sad inkling teardrop. my inkling falls into the water occasionally when I am not paying attention to what I am doing. Also, the water is also called a hazard in game. So why would inklings would want to support something that's an hazard towards them? Makes no sense right?

But that isn't the inkling's choice it's the player's choice which is why I do not get that why are some people are putting realistic ideals into splatoon when just one update or a sequel can actually change how we look/view the game like inklings having one signature hairstyles.

Inkopolis is based off Shibuya crossing, which is an intersection in japan and I am pretty sure there's not a rollercoaster slapped in the middle of that crossing. Sure maybe in future updates Inkopolis will expand and maybe have a theme park in it, but as of right now I'm not seeing any rollercoasters in my game but that's just me being realistic this is basically the point I was trying to get across... And besides only Agent 3 (you the player) captain cuttle fish, sheldon and his grandfather, the squid sisters and obviously Octavio knows about the sunken scrolls, players who did not even bother to touch single player campaign mode, may know about the sunken scrolls but their inklings does not know these scrolls exist since other random players represents citizens in inkopolis. That's how far I would go if I was being realistic about the game here, but I'm going to put this debate to rest before it goes completely off topic... ^^

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
I'm not missing this chance to use red ink, so marshmallows all the way! Too bad it wasn't white ink ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Had to decide my team with a best-of-five coin toss series, but ultimately I went with Hot Dogs.

Still, best of luck to both teams!

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
I'm actually very torn on this.. Normally I would pick hot dogs over Marshmallows any day, but if it's a camping theme.... Well, I have roasted 10x more Marshmallows camping than I have Hot Dogs. I honestly don't know :/

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I'm actually very torn on this.. Normally I would pick hot dogs over Marshmallows any day, but if it's a camping theme.... Well, I have roasted 10x more Marshmallows camping than I have Hot Dogs. I honestly don't know :/
You could always do what I did and flip a coin. Best of five, if possible.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
You may got a point about water cannot hurt the inkling, but when inkling falls into the water they are grunting and squirming and there eyes are closed and tighten as if they're in pain, I mean they aren't giggling and splashing around in it before they poof and dissolve with that sad inkling teardrop. my inkling falls into the water occasionally when I am not paying attention to what I am doing. Also, the water is also called a hazard in game. So why would inklings would want to support something that's an hazard towards them? Makes no sense right?

But that isn't the inkling's choice it's the player's choice which is why I do not get that why are some people are putting realistic ideals into splatoon when just one update or a sequel can actually change how we look/view the game like inklings having one signature hairstyles.

Inkopolis is based off Shibuya crossing, which is an intersection in japan and I am pretty sure there's not a rollercoaster slapped in the middle of that crossing. Sure maybe in future updates Inkopolis will expand and maybe have a theme park in it, but as of right now I'm not seeing any rollercoasters in my game but that's just me being realistic this is basically the point I was trying to get across... And besides only Agent 3 (you the player) captain cuttle fish, sheldon and his grandfather, the squid sisters and obviously Octavio knows about the sunken scrolls, players who did not even bother to touch single player campaign mode, may know about the sunken scrolls but their inklings does not know these scrolls exist since other random players represents citizens in inkopolis. That's how far I would go if I was being realistic about the game here, but I'm going to put this debate to rest before it goes completely off topic... ^^
Sigh... I feel like I have a good counter-argument, but you're right; it'll just go off-topic. Maybe, if you want, you can make a topic asking about the logic behind these things.

Also, I realized that so far, I've always been on a team Callie supports. :P Cats, coasters, and marshmallows.

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
So.... What are the Hot Dogs made out of? I think it's safe to say Pigs aren't around in Splatoon. Are we eating Vegetarian Hot Togs (Yes there are such thing). If so, I'll pick Marshmallow in a heart beat >:P

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
So.... What are the Hot Dogs made out of? I think it's safe to say Pigs aren't around in Splatoon. Are we eating Vegetarian Hot Togs (Yes there are such thing). If so, I'll pick Marshmallow in a heart beat >:p
They use dogfish, some type of shark.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
So.... What are the Hot Dogs made out of? I think it's safe to say Pigs aren't around in Splatoon. Are we eating Vegetarian Hot Togs (Yes there are such thing). If so, I'll pick Marshmallow in a heart beat >:p
They're grown in the Kelp Dome, obviously!

Dream21

Full Squid
I hate hate hate the taste of Hot Dogs.

I mean. Do you know how they're made?! Yuck!
Marshmallows for me. So what if I go 0/3 for Splatfests. Might as well fight for the team I like.

Hesoca

Full Squid
I mean, if we're going by the best one to roast over an open fire, then marshmellows are clearly superior. But standalone, hot dogs are significantly more delicious...

Welp, guess I'll just let a coin flip decide where I go this time around.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
I'm voting hot dogs, because they're better. They taste even better over campfires. Marshmallows aren't even good unless you make a smore. I believe hot dogs will win, because they're better and those futanari fans :p

Sad that marshmallow's color isn't white, like Milk Tea in Japan.

Yuubi

Full Squid
Sigh... I feel like I have a good counter-argument, but you're right; it'll just go off-topic. Maybe, if you want, you can make a topic asking about the logic behind these things.

Also, I realized that so far, I've always been on a team Callie supports. :p Cats, coasters, and marshmallows.
I'm just going to get a huge feeling it may start up a flame war if I make one.. xD sorry :c

Marshmallows can be made with fish gelatin. This is made for people who keep kosher.
o-o .... Ew. I Did not know that, I cannot eat seafood so eating a marshmallow made out of fish gelatin would make me hurl. So I guess inklings can eat marshmallows..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom