New Splatfest! Pokemon Red v. Blue! Which Side Will You Choose?

Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

• Total voters

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon

Don't mind the vibe, that's just testament to all the hosts who RQ after being spawn camped. My inkling isn't happy as you can see.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Easily my most frustrating splatfest to date. Well, at least I supported a team I actually prefer.

Last edited:

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Well, atleast 2 blues have an amazing vibe. How are you able to stay up all night to get to royalty and not get tired enough to not play as well?

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Doing decent so far, lost only 7 times on the way to Champion 39/99. Suprised there are more blues, I keep seeing more red players in my plaza. Are the blues just inactive on Miiverse? Has the whole "choose the probally less popular team" stigma grown so much that they actually became a more popular team. At least it seems somewhat balanced.

Maps are fine, though I don't think putting Blackbelly on while the servers are scrambling to host three splatfests was the best idea.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969

So many team Red vs Red's. Whenever i fight blue it's usually players far below or far higher leveled than my own team.

Generally got paired up with a lot more weaker teams this time around, both on my and the enemy teams. Was at least fun to try and take down as many enemies as possible.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
So many team Red vs Red's. Whenever i fight blue it's usually players far below or far higher leveled than my own team.

Generally got paired up with a lot more weaker teams this time around, both on my and the enemy teams. Was at least fun to try and take down as many enemies as possible.
Huh, that's weird, since I was playing against my own blue team twice yesterday.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020

Welp, finished and in about 2 hours I think. Never played against a team blue, nor did it take too long to find matches. Now I can't exactly pinpoint the skill gap between the two teams because I was with these 3 guys, Odin, Dor, and Grant for over an hour. So we had memorized what each other do on each map. So it was fairly easy to spawncamp them...despite me hating spawncamping, but I'm in it to win it. So it was either the teams were lower skill than us, or we were just better coordinated than the other teams and could easily push them back.

We lost like...3 times total because of one team had all inkstrikes, and then the golden rollers...man I hate those. But after we disconnected, my total loss was like...10 I think. But overall I had a lot of fun with this splatfest. Wonder which team is gonna win.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
One thing I noticed was that there seemed to be a shortage of Blue players in the first hour or so of the Splatfest. I remember seeing names like τs Blue and SF|Krow in the first match I had, and I ended up getting paired with them again a few games (and one disconnect) later.

Thus it became all the more a shock when we started fighting each other. And now I'm hearing that the Reds are fighting each other too? Is the popularity closer than we thought, or is the system just being stupid?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
So I started with a win streak of 20+ games. I made it up to low champion. But this grind is killing me. I got disconnected from my team so I switched weapons just for kicks and went on a bit of a losing streak.

I'm at Champion 37 right now and I'm just going to take a break...there has to be a better way to get snails...

My observations so far: popularity is similar, but Blue has slightly more better players. And those better players are significantly better than a lot of the Red players. Most wins are facerolls. Most loses are close.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
The above photo is a VERY clear example of what AMAZING 6 year olds I have to deal with. 0/8 master race amirite?

Popularity may seem pretty close, which team is more decked out isn't. Oh well, did what I could. I've lost all interest in this one. Happy with the subject of the Splatfest, disgusted with the results.

Got my Queen, woopty doo or whatever.

Captain Haddock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iDad_1
My only involvement with Pokemon was buying the games for my son when he was younger. For previous Splatfests where I had no real preference for either option, I based my choice on the colour I preferred. By coincidence, this usually meant that I ended up on Marie's team, which ended up as the losers.

This time, I've decided to go for Callie's team - if Red loses, I'll know it's me ;)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I'm
The above photo is a VERY clear example of what AMAZING 6 year olds I have to deal with. 0/8 master race amirite?

Popularity may seem pretty close, which team is more decked out isn't. Oh well, did what I could. I've lost all interest in this one. Happy with the subject of the Splatfest, disgusted with the results.

Got my Queen, woopty doo or whatever.
I've seen about 6 people so far who have gotten 0-4. I'm about halfway through Defender, but I took a break because I got 2 disconnects in a row

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral

Oof... I just wanted to be the best, like no squid ever was... and until the last three games, I was among the worst. (Sure, 8.5/9 ain't bad, but I was doing so much better yesterday.)

Props to Team Red or getting their **** together, but damn... I consider it foolish of me to have pressed on despite sucking miserably. I'd have been more useful cheering from the plaza.

@SupaTim... if Team Blue loses, feel free to pin the blame on me.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
At around 12 PST I started getting paired up with blue teams. I mean, I had like 3 blue v blue matches, one blue v red match (where we pushed them to spawn and won ~80% to ~10%), then two more blue v blue matches. Two of the blue v blue matches were against all lvl 50s. From what i've experienced, it almost seems like blue could win both popularity (or at least be close) and wins.

Last edited:

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Blue could possibly win in Popularity and Wins in North America.

If that happens, then I blame the fact that the whole "lower popularity means you win" thinking has become mainstream.

D

Deleted Member

Red team... I'm betraying Marie but still... I LOVE CHARIZARD AND I ALWAYS WILL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom