• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Splatfest! Pokemon Red v. Blue! Which Side Will You Choose?

Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

• Total voters

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532

Well, that sure was a trip. Only once was it ridiculously one-sided on the Red team, but other than that, it was smooth sailing for this side of Pokémon Blue. Here's hoping I haven't squandered yet another Splatfest.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
The weirdest thing just happened.

So I decided to join team Red on my alt to see how it was.
The last match I played was on Ancho-V Games. It started out pretty normal. About one minute in, however, I noticed all of my teammates died. I carried on playing, holding off the other team. Half a minute later, and my teammates still hadn't respawned, and I thought "Did they really all disconnect?" and I Booyah'd. A few seconds later, and I got a response. I look down at the gamepad, and there's an X on spawn like someone died there, which was the source of the booyah. I was genuinely confused. Why hadn't he respawned yet? But it gets weirder. By this point, I was expecting to get overrun by the enemy team at any point, but that never happened. After splatting a few enemies, I came upon another, and when I confronted him, he randomly exploded. Then I saw pink ink appearing out of nowhere, with no sound effects. I booyah'd again, and I got another response from the X that was still on the spawnpad. Then another enemy randomly died. When I went to raise the elevator platforms to get to the enemy side, they were already raised, and they weren't falling. They were stuck on the middle, level with the second floor, and there was no ink coming from the unmoving propellers. I didn't see a teammate for the rest of the match. The squids on our team bar stayed splatted. We ended up winning. I wish I recorded it. The two bottom teammates were 0-0. My guess is that the two disconnected, and the other one somehow stayed in the match but was invisible and able to move around and shoot. It was so bizarre.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet

The last match I played was on Ancho-V Games. It started out pretty normal. About one minute in, however, I noticed all of my teammates died. I carried on playing, holding off the other team. Half a minute later, and my teammates still hadn't respawned, and I thought "Did they really all disconnect?" and I Booyah'd. A few seconds later, and I got a response. I look down at the gamepad, and there's an X on spawn like someone died there, which was the source of the booyah. I was genuinely confused. Why hadn't he respawned yet? But it gets weirder. By this point, I was expecting to get overrun by the enemy team at any point, but that never happened. After splatting a few enemies, I came upon another, and when I confronted him, he randomly exploded. Then I saw pink ink appearing out of nowhere, with no sound effects. I booyah'd again, and I got another response from the X that was still on the spawnpad. Then another enemy randomly died. When I went to raise the elevator platforms to get to the enemy side, they were already raised, and they weren't falling. They were stuck on the middle, level with the second floor, and there was no ink coming from the unmoving propellers. I didn't see a teammate for the rest of the match. The squids on our team bar stayed splatted. We ended up winning. I wish I recorded it. The two bottom teammates were 0-0. My guess is that the two disconnected, and the other one somehow stayed in the match but was invisible and able to move around and shoot. It was so bizarre.
It wouldn't be the first time lag resulted in invisible players.

http://www.twitch.tv/2dos/v/19515928

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775

Well, that was fun! GGs everyone. I was on a pretty good win-streak with my first lobby before we all disconnected after a loss, but I jumped back into another one and picked up right were I left off. Out of all the matches, I only fought against other Team Blue members once!

Of course there was some lag, and about every 2-3 matches someone would disconnect on Team Red; only once on one of my teams I think. After I took a break to eat dinner, I had trouble staying into lobbies. Like I had 3 straight disconnects after winning one game each with a new team.

All in all, it was fun and didn't really feel like a chore to get to Queen status like the last few Splatfests I was in. Even contributed some art for Blue (though I tossed in some Yellow support cause that's were my true heart lies lol).

I kinda suck at drawing Pokemon, though. Hence way Pikachu looks like crap and I had to cover Blastoise cause I can't draw it for the life of me. lmao

Dynamite

Inkling
NNID
DynoDuck
Despite knowing Team Red will probably lose, I chose it anyways because Charmander is my absolute favorite first stage starter Pokemon. I don't care for Charmeleon or Charizard though, because when I watched the Pokemon anime as a kid I remember being disappointed when Ash's Charamander evolved into Charmeleon and then to Charizard. I also disliked how his evolved forms didn't listen to Ash. Haha, I remember never evolving my Charmander in Pokemon Red. It made the game harder but I didn't care. Charmander > Charizard, in my opinion.

Anyways, my Splatfest performance was bad...no it was really bad. When I got to Pokemon Red King my vibe was at 9.0 which is bad to some, but decent to me. However, when I kept playing for a few more hours I could barely maintain a 2.0 vibe. ^-^' The levels between both teams were pretty lopsided. Also, I would get disconnected after most matches so whenever I got highly skilled team mates (which rarely happened) I would only get two to three matches with them before getting disconnected.

The popularity between both teams seems to be pretty even, but Team Blue might be slightly more popular. I did have one mirror match so I could be wrong. Team Blue definitely has this though. ^-^

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Either some of my matches were fierce or I su~uck!

Hardly any of my victories made it to 50% unless someone on Red disconnected (usually a non-shooter, lol). Lots and lots and lots and lots of shooters. Tried to use the Sloshing Machine for a few matches and realized I haven't the foggiest how to properly use it. Around the last thirty minutes I just had nothing but Blue vs Blue matches, one of which TWO of my squidmates went poof immediately after we left the spawnpoint. Ink Acreus(Octobrush) and I(Luna Blaster) walked away with an 11.0% "victory."

Now that this Splatfest is over, maybe things will calm down a bit? Had to be quite aggressive, direct, and always on the move like a shark to make any progress and constantly go on the offensive no matter what weapon I chose. Pretty quirky, using a brush to go on a splat-spree.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I haven't had this brutal of a Splatfest since my first one with Cats vs. Dogs, when I was still level, like, 10. Most of the Red teams I faced were overpoweringly good. -That, or I shouldn't have gone with a new weapon for the duration. I just couldn't make any of my usual mains work for me.

Also a good few times we were winning, the host would turn off their router or something to kick everyone out and make sure we didn't get the win. That's incredibly ****ish; don't do this, people.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future

I had something like that happen in museum months ago. Both teams were gone, I was alone in the entire map, inking every corner like it was recon mode. Then suddenly half the map turned the other color and one lone player on the other team appeared inking, everyone else was gone. Then at the stat screen, my team showed up normal and the enemy team showed 2 0p disconnects. Weird.

I got one odd hacker/lag issue today in Ancho-V. I killed an enemy who exploded with some actual red blotches (in the air, it didn't paint) - and then at the end of the match after the whistle nothing happened, it stood there waiting with everyone frozen for a while before about 10 burst bombs suddenly plummeted down all in one blast, and then the match ended normally.

Lots of lag elsewhere.

But good matches for blue.. Wins were mostly easy except when they were utterly impossible. Skewed one way or the other. But the red players were generally good. Some were S+ level good. Got tons of wins for blue though! :)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm not feeling too good about this one, had so many mirror matches, =/

Also server maintenance is currently going on, which sux for me since I have limited amount of time to perfect this gear I ordered.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Nintendo really? You couldn't have chosen a better time for server maintenance? Extremely inopportune.

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
Yus! Go team blue! Also, I got royalty mostly by slaughtering noobs with the Tentatek. Never knew that I was this good with it. Or the enemies just sucked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom