• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Splatfest! Pokemon Red v. Blue! Which Side Will You Choose?

Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

• Total voters

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
the tale of 2 squids

i started splatfest at the very beginning on my main sqiod, games were close all the way to king had to play my own blue team a few times and it took 3 1/2 hours

after grabbing 4hrs sleep i then started to play my alt i choose blue again and wow what a difference you sure could tell the kids were up at this time
i maxed out in under 3 hours and barely lost

i have to say i enjoyed the longer grind on my main character due to the close games where the last 20 seconds really counts!!!!

i think blue can win popularity and the overall this time

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Matchmaking has been a bit slow for me. I've been getting matched with my own team and having people disconnect in my games. On top of that, I've been on a losing streak when it comes to Red vs Blue games. Honestly, I think Red has this in the bag.

LoremIp5um

Full Squid
NNID
LoremIp5um
Gah, I had a game earlier where we were leading, but lost by 0.2% after the opposing team's Neo Sploosh-o-matic used their Kraken... I tried to hide round a corner but a teammate Super Jumped without Stealth Jump, and by then when the Kraken noticed the only direction I could swim in was toward it. No Bubbler to save me (or my teammate) this time!

Attachments

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid

Something is seriously out of wack when my final vibe meter for a Splatfest looks like this, haha. I'm not a good player, so I'm thinking the teams might've been a little unbalanced in favor of Team Blue when I played. This sort of thing doesn't really mean much anyway. I know that I've gotten stomped in most of the Splatfests I've participated in, so maybe I was just lucky this time.

Some of the matches were close and I definitely lost my share. A lot of the time though, I was just getting carried by some great teammates. It was pretty neat to stay with a squad for a while last night and then a different one this afternoon consistently having nice matches where people were booyahing a lot. Even when we'd lose a match, people still stuck together, which really helped me make it to royalty.

All of my matches were against Team Red. I had some connection issues, especially at the beginning of the Splatfest, but overall I didn't have many problems with that, thankfully.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
The lagfest is really breaking any confidence I nurtured in my charger skills. =(

And it looks like the spray and shooters are the flavour in my matches for both teams. Followed by rollers. I'll encounter an red charger once every few dozen matches or so? But only ever an eliter type. And very very rarely a blue charger.

Zolda

Full Squid
Had some connection issues early afternoon, but other than that this has been the most one-sided Splatfest I've seen in quite a while. I only lost 3-5 matches on my way to Queen, the Red teams are just awful overall. I'm very glad I chose Blue.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Blue team.
Most of my matches were against the same team.

Me and someone named Ryan did squidparties everytime it was Blue vs Blue, somehow we still won.

stitchedwithlove

Full Squid
NNID
stitchedwithlove
Yikes, this is probably my worst Splatfest yet connection-wise. 95% of my matches are laggy and around 75% of the time someone will disconnect. The lag made me switch from Kelp Splatterscope to Tentatek Splattershot because it's near impossible to get a sniper shot in when people are sliding all over the place; but even with the Tentatek it's difficult. I've had a few occurrences where I'll get all my 3 hits + more but the opposing player won't get splatted and will instead amazingly survive by using their Kraken or Bubbler.

Most of the time the disconnects have been on team Red, and unfortunately usually the remaining team aren't able to 3 v 4. It isn't fun to be honest, because most of my wins don't feel well-deserved. I'm trying to reach Queen and I'm currently treating this like a chore more than a fun experience, which is sad.

I've never experienced this many issues before during a Splatfest. My connection before the Splatfest began was fine and peachy, but now? It's horrendous.

GangstaPanda

Inkster Jr.
NNID
LittleSkittlez
stitchedwithlovetest st: 156853 said:
Yikes, this is probably my worst Splatfest yet connection-wise. 95% of my matches are laggy and around 75% of the time someone will disconnect. The lag made me switch from Kelp Splatterscope to Tentatek Splattershot because it's near impossible to get a sniper shot in when people are sliding all over the place; but even with the Tentatek it's difficult. I've had a few occurrences where I'll get all my 3 hits + more but the opposing player won't get splatted and will instead amazingly survive by using their Kraken or Bubbler.

Most of the time the disconnects have been on team Red, and unfortunately usually the remaining team aren't able to 3 v 4. It isn't fun to be honest, because most of my wins don't feel well-deserved. I'm trying to reach Queen and I'm currently treating this like a chore more than a fun experience, which is sad.

I've never experienced this many issues before during a Splatfest. My connection before the Splatfest began was fine and peachy, but now? It's horrendous.
I'm the exact same,this fest was super laggy

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I forgot some players here are EU - I'm looking at screens thinking "On Fire"??? I didn't know there was anything beyond So Hawt! Then I realized they're the same thing :)

I've got a few losing streaks with bad teams, but mostly win streaks on blue.... a lot of good players....and I feel kind of ashamed at how many times we've spawncamped opponents. I don't usually participate in spawncamps, but if I didn't I wouldn't have anything to do today!

The again I heard from a fairly low skill player that the play on blue is AWFUL...saw some of those rounds myself. This is a lv40-something player that's not very good but not "put beacons on the spawn" awful. But was always, ALWAYS paired with LV1-10 players who DID put beacons on the spawn. Most rounds ended in less than 10% of the map there.

Even when my team spawncamps we leave them 15-25% :)

So it seems like it's a better experience for higher tier players than low tier players on Blue. High tear, you'll spawncamp every time. Low tier you'll GET spawncamped. Not sure what that means for the overall score. I'm guessing the really good and reallly bad players are Blue, and Red is generally average.

Fav Teammates name so far? "MyTeamSuks" - guy was good, double digit kills each time....I'm sure S+. Good teammate though.

Agreed on he lag. I've seen some BAAD lag. Multi-telepoters, getting splats many seconds later, then getting a second that I didn't even know existed, ink showing up much later behind a roller. Big pools of enemy Ink appearing suddenly under me....then vanishing. Someone that took 6 hits with an SS Pro. Makes no sense though since the game is P2P and not hosted on Nintendo servers, so I think it's just player side lag.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787

Thanks to my teams along the way today, I Hydra Blasted the competition! Only lost ~5 games, and some to other Blue teams. The lag is pretty bad, and disconnections were worse, about every other game I had a disconnect on my team, and similarly on the other teams, pretty weird. Good luck to Red, but I think Blue may win popularity and wins, I could be wrong, I just can't tell.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Well, finally got to Blue King.

Mostly used my trusty Custom Jet Squelcher, as ALL these maps are really good for it. Sometimes switched to Splattershot Pro or Dual Squelcher (actually finished the run with the DS).

Mostly easy wins for Blue. Some hard fought losses. And often the best back-and-forth games were from Blue V Blue rounds.

I think Blue has this. Not as salt inducing this time, but still REALLY grindy. Fixing Splatfests is probably a pipe-dream though...

Kausus

Inkling
NNID
Kausus
Switch Friend Code
SW-3782-1311-5237
I lost 5 or 6 games total on my way to max rank, out of the 50-something matches I played. I disconnected a lot though, and Blackbelly seemed to have a lot of lag issues - which is new for me, I don't usually experience lag like that without it ending in a disconnect. Most of my games were on Ancho-V, which was kind of nice since I haven't exactly been on that map a whole lot so it was a good opportunity to get a better feel for the map itself.

I feel pretty good about this fest but I won't count my snails before they hatch. :v I went with Blue team, for those curious.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
I gotta say this though: It's WAY more satisfying to beat Blastoise with a Charizard. Seeing as Blastoise now gets Hydro Cannon, which, in my experience, is pretty much a Water based Hyper Beam.

Also, do you guys know what the sales numbers for these titles are? And... could that possible effect the outcome?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom